Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2006, 06:53 AM   #1
mom_of_2.5
Registered Users

heat rash on babies bum?

my baby looks like she has a heat rash on her bottom. Ive read that heat rash in that area is really uncommon so im not sure what is causing the rash. I wondered if it was the detergent in my cd's....so i washed them in hot water with no detgt..not sure if that will help...

She is wearing fb dipes with either a cottonbabies insert or a joey bunz. Im washing with simply clean laundry detgt-about 2 tbsp. (its all i can find here that is free of dies/perfumes etc.)

any ideas?

Advertisement

Me:30 Dh 31 Dd 12 Dd #2: 6 and baby Abigale due July 24th

Last edited by mom_of_2.5; 08-12-2006 at 06:56 AM.
mom_of_2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:23 AM   #2
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: heat rash on babies bum?

Where is the rash? Is it in the folds? My dd has gotten heat rash 2-3 times and I just let her air out without a diaper and tried to make sure she wasn't hot.

Your doing the right thing if you think it's the detergent. That's called stripping

Usually if it is detergent, you will see lots of redness were the diaper was wet against baby. Almost like a drawing of the diaper on the baby.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:53 AM   #3
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son got heat rash a lot in FBs. Airing out helps. Also, I have recently been using some corn starch. It helps absorb moisture and keeps irritation to a minimum. It has helped a lot in the last week. HTH
Old 08-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
mom_of_2.5
Registered Users

yeah it seems to be only on the front of her body- none on her backside and it goes along her belly as high up as the dipe goes and on her legs where the dipe goes and across her tush. Kinda outlines her like you said. Hopefully if its the detgt it goes away now-i may have to spend the money and order some allens, it just kills me to pay 12.00 for shipping to canada.

Ill wait a few days to see if it goes away and then if it hasnt ill order the allens.

She is still leaking through the fb pretty bad- i stopped using the cottonbabies inserts and just used the joey bunz but i think that must not be enough. She is drinking a TUN of formula (about 4 oz an hour) and soaking through everything- even sposies (i tried a sposie at night) and im changing her every hour.

i wish this wasnt so complicated! I love cd'ing i just wish i knew all the answers lol.

thanks for your help- any other comments are appreciated as well

Old 08-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #5
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

well, first off...Joey bunz arent very absorbent IMHO. (neither are cottonbabies inserts) ...OF COURSE this is just my oppinion.

My dd got heat rash last summer...I just started using wool on her and it cleared up within a few days.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Dd gets heat rash up front often too. It's so stinkin hot here. I do make sure I get pf's on here when she starts to get spotty.

Allen's is great, IMO.

A JB would def. NOT be enough for us, either. We do Nicki's MF or Nurtured Family and change about every 1.5-2 hours.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #7
PolkaDots
Registered Users

That particular detergent does use citrus oils in its ingredients. Have you noticed your baby being sensitive to citrus foods?

It totally could just be heat rash too. Can you try using the diapers without a cover to see if it persists. That would give you some clues.

HTH,
Sarah
PolkaDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:18 AM   #8
mom_of_2.5
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
well, first off...Joey bunz arent very absorbent IMHO. (neither are cottonbabies inserts) ...OF COURSE this is just my oppinion.

My dd got heat rash last summer...I just started using wool on her and it cleared up within a few days.

I thought i was getting the best inserts but i guess not what would you use? The both together is just too bulky. she leaks through when i use either alone... any ideas?