Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
Rachaelbee
Registered Users

My Mood:
s/o others touching your pregnant belly

I read the thread where a mama was upset when a stranger touched her baby's face, and I was curious if anyone had wierd/funny someone touching preggo belly stories?

Here's mine:

Back when I was pregnant with my first daughter, we used to go out to this resturaunt frequently, and there was a waitress there that was very friendly with us, no big deal, she was nice, did a good job, we tipped her well. So this one time we're in there she was our cashier and I was a good 7 or 8 months pregnant, she practially through herself over the counter so she was laying on it so she could kiss my belly We were stunned! And wierded out, we told the manager and she wasnt' allowed to come near us anymore, might have been mean to tell the manager but

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: s/o others touching your pregnant belly

People tend not to touch my belly when I'm pg - I have a really well developed "don't mess with me" look that keeps most undesirables away. Now - accidental touches - that's pretty common. But on purpose? Only dh, my mom, and dd. I may well slap a person for touching me if it happens.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
Marissa20uk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was walking through the grocery store and a teenage boy came right up to me, in a very swift like fashion. I had no idea who he was, he touched my belly, rubbed my back and said "ohhhh look at that belly"....I was speechless, Just the way he approached me and rubbed me. LOL, it was a very personal rub, only dh can do those kind of rubs.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I *hated* when people rubbed my belly! Makes me shudder just thinking of it. Just because it's sticking out there doesn't make it public property!!!

Most people left it alone or asked permission. The worst one though was my weird creepy aunt. I don't like her really, because of things that have been done in the family (long story). Needless to say, she's not my favorite person and I stay away from her if I can. She is certifiably mentally unstable!! So at my baby shower w/ my family, she walks up to me (after not seeing me for a year and a half!!) and full on, with both hands, rubs my stomach! I moved away and was like "Hi to you too!" real sarcastic. She turns to someone else and says "Oh I just can't help myself when I see a pregnant belly! I gotta touch it!" I shook my head and walked away. Talk about no boundaries. I stayed away from her the rest of the day.
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think anyone ever touched me. I think I had a look on my face of, "touch my belly and you'll pull away a bloody stump".

My SIL is on the news and people used to touch her...and the kids...all the time. It drove her wild. Now they're bigger than the people that would be touching them...lol

Last edited by FancifulFanny; 01-07-2008 at 08:01 PM.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifulFanny View Post
I don't think anyone eer touched me. I think I had a look on my face of, "touch my belly and you'll pull away a bloody stump".

My SIL is on the news and people used to touch her...and the kids...all the time. It drove her wild. Now they're bigger than the people that would be touching them...lol
That would drive me nuts too. I hate people touching us lol.

Is she on Maine news?

Ok, hijack over!
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2cody View Post
That would drive me nuts too. I hate people touching us lol.

Is she on Maine news?

Ok, hijack over!
Yup - she runs the Ellsworth office of WABI out of Bangor. Back when the kids were born she worked in Bangor. Susan Farley...or Susan Young. I have no clue is she uses her maiden or married name...lol.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #8
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

Again...I'm weird. I LOVED it when people touched my belly and was more than happy to say yes if asked permission lol. ON the flip side of that though I always ask a person before I touch their belly and only friends and family .

With Brighton though, hardly anyone touched my belly it made me sad .

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #9
pigletmsu
Registered Users

When I am pregnant about the only food that sounds good is McDonalds or Burger King. So lets just say I was "well known" at those 2 places. There is a lady who works at BK who I always talk to and is super nice. So this last pregnancy I walked in and it'd been a while since I'd been there and my tummy started really sticking out and she ran up to me and was about to touch my stomach and then stopped herself and asked first. I said yes, because it was my 3rd kid, and she was the ONLY person outside of my DH and my sister (who does it mostly to annoy me) who ever even attempted to touch my belly. And after my DD was born, I let her hold her and show her off to her coworkers.

With my 1st pregnancy, I was at church and a guy who is my dad's age came up to me and touched my stomach and I was like, WTH?!?!?! I can over look it if a woman touched my belly, but a guy??? Yeck!

And same pregnancy I went to a friend's wedding and an ex boyfriend was there because he was in the wedding. He came up to me and gave me a big hug and rubbed my belly. My DH nearly hit the roof!!! Secretly I was even if it did make him mad. But then, I'm evil like that.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #10
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifulFanny View Post
I don't think anyone ever touched me. I think I had a look on my face of, "touch my belly and you'll pull away a bloody stump".
I love that look. I was ussually dressed professionally too bc I taught glasses as a grad student at MTSU. I refer to it as my icy condescending look.
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote