Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #11
JeanieNGmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this true?

i think my recovery was faster with my second. and i got back into shape faster.
im not sure about after the 3rd but will know after he is born lol

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #12
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol u would think i did...Well not so much for me although this was my 3rd baby fist with out drugs my sons head took for every to come out..lol 2nd was eayest
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:32 PM   #13
asianmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyroo77 View Post
Labor, delivery and recovery were easier for me the second time. It might all just depend on the person.
:yeathat:
Amen.
asianmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:40 AM   #14
Armymomof4
Registered Users

My 4th was by far the easiest. I had planned a homebirth but had a UC. I was able to clean the bathroom before my midwife arrived, while baby was still attached Sine DH was deployed I was up the next morning making breakfast and mopping the floors.

If you have had a induction/epi this recovery will most likely be much easier.
Armymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:44 AM   #15
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My labors and recovery became much easier with each child. I barely had any afterpains with my fourth. I was up and walking around in less than 30 minutes after my last child was born.
Mindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:16 AM   #16
jennsmile
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first I was in labor 36 hours. I was in the hospital on an IV for about 18 of it. I was ready to walk and go and leave ASAP. I hated having to be confined to wheelchair.

My second I had prodomal labor for days. My labor was shorter but was had some complications. I lost more blood than with my first. And nearly fainted. I couldn't leave bed unassisted for a few days. Luckily I was home and under the care of midwives. It was a longer recovery and I had two kidlets to care for one of which was an active toddler. So it made it hard.

Thankfully this one is due in July. Daddy will be off work (love that perk of education) and can take the boys and do boy things. Plus his brother & nephews will be visiting (staying at my BIL's) so they will be off on adventures. I will be cuddled in bed with my baby.

Jenn

Fort Hood Mama's check out LLL of Killeen
jennsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:47 AM   #17
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoe_1 View Post
This is kinda what I was hoping to hear as far as natural birth recovery compared to induced/epi/etc. I'm hoping I can just jump out of bed an hour after I have a natural birth! LOL jk
I've had 2 c/s so even to be able to get up and walk on my own after an hour would be a blessing!! The afterpains w/ #2 were a little worse, but they also gave me meds to make my uterus shrink quicker which is protocol at the hospital. It will be neat to see how things go on my own at home w/ just bfing. I'm sure I'll still labor a while though...
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:51 AM   #18
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel like a downer for saying this, but my afterpains were progressively worse with each baby. Recovery was okay, aside from hospital caused infections! (arggghhhh). but the afterpains about knocked me out. I preferred labor pains. That was just my experience though, and not totally common.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:40 AM   #19
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I can see what she's saying. Recovery can be harder as you get older. I know, 30 isn't old, but when it comes to childbearing it is pushing it. I can feel a huge difference between my first pregnancy when I was 23/24 and this one when I am almost 30. My recovery with my second was much harder than with my first, but he was malpositioned, and from what I can tell it's kind of amazing that I was able to have him vaginally at all.

After pains do get worse with every baby, especially if you are breastfeeding. Subsequent babies do tend to be larger, and the rates of malpositioning go up as well since the uterus is more stretched out and give the baby more options. These things can make for a more difficult recovery.

However, your pelvis and vagina are also more stretched out, so that makes for an easier delivery and an easier delivery can make for an easier recovery.

Like most things with birth it is probably too individual to be able to really tell. I can see how research could show a trend towards more difficult recovery (anecdotal evidence aside) given the things I listed above, but I don't really know. My second was much, much harder to recover from than my first, though.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 AM   #20
p1p3r
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I believe it is all subsequently easier.