Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
what the eff can i eat?

I'm on a low sugar diet while on blood thinners..(to make the platelets less sticky). So essentially I am on a gestational diabetic diet.

What the hell do you people eat?
I'm dying here...

Advertisement

meowmixx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what the eff can i eat?

I so understand! I have type 2 diabetes-so the ADA is what I had to do both when pg and all the time since my dx of diabetes in 12-01.

Just make sure you combine your protien w/ carbs--emm,I DID lots of cottage cheese mixed w/ fruit,yogurt w/ a bit of cottage cheese mixed in w/ almond slivers or walnuts on top,cheese melted on whole wheat bread,peanut butter on whole grain crackers/bread.
Notice a theme?I craved cottage cheese when pregnant w/ Dd Sarah!Dont particularly like it now!
I guess bigger protien servings than your carbs.Goodluck!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMamma38 View Post
I so understand! I have type 2 diabetes-so the ADA is what I had to do both when pg and all the time since my dx of diabetes in 12-01.

Just make sure you combine your protien w/ carbs--emm,I DID lots of cottage cheese mixed w/ fruit,yogurt w/ a bit of cottage cheese mixed in w/ almond slivers or walnuts on top,cheese melted on whole wheat bread,peanut butter on whole grain crackers/bread.
Notice a theme?I craved cottage cheese when pregnant w/ Dd Sarah!Dont particularly like it now!
I guess bigger protien servings than your carbs.Goodluck!
I'm not allowed any fruit juice at all and I can't have a lot of fruit either. what can you eat when you eat out? I so want a whopper right now...no ketchup or mayo...and extra pickles and onions...yum...and fries from wendy's..(hey I can dream can't i? )
meowmixx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmixx3 View Post
I'm not allowed any fruit juice at all and I can't have a lot of fruit either. what can you eat when you eat out? I so want a whopper right now...no ketchup or mayo...and extra pickles and onions...yum...and fries from wendy's..(hey I can dream can't i? )
OMG--NO fruit at all?Even if combined w/ protien in the afternoons? I wasn't allowed juice unless it was 1/3 cup of it to treat a low blood sugar.I was allowed cold cereal(only 1/2 cup but less on some brands depending on it's carb load,ie-15 carb per serv sz)and fruit in the afternoons.So my morning breakfast was usually 1 piece of whole grain(the grainest WHOLE grain you can find!)w/ melted cheddar on top-yep that's it! 2 hours later I was allowed a small yogurt.Lots of mini meals.
I ate a lot of cheese sticks too + salads-you are so freaking hungry when your pg!Not to mention the cravings...Well hungry after the m/s leaves anyway.
We didn't eat out a lot,but if I DID it was usually for a craving-a Taco Bell bean burrito w/ cheese or Chick Fillet's chicken Cool Wrap w/ ranch dressing.
I also adored Subway's 6"roast beef sub.Yummmy!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #5
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dietician told me to take the top bun off the burger-so open face and add a salad w/ it.
I would eat 1/2 banana that I either smered w/ almond butter or peanut butter or push almonds into the banana.I would get 2 carb servings on my snacks so I'D have 1 c.of milk to go with it or 2 sheets of graham crackers.
Oh I hated graham crackers at the end of my pregnancy-they'll tell you it's a great bedtime snack spread w/ peanut butter.You only get 2 sheets=1 carb.
Keebler's brand is the best in my opinion.
Talk of food is making me hungry!!