Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #11
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Re: Oh my FREAKIN' GOODNESS!!!!! update on my non-compliancy/doc issues etc..

Wow that is just horrible. Why did you sit there and listen to all that? I would have been out the door right after his first little "don't expect me to respect you" monologue

Advertisement

#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #12
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Wow that is just horrible. Why did you sit there and listen to all that? I would have been out the door right after his first little "don't expect me to respect you" monologue
Yep same here. I would have said excuse me but nobody that doesn't respect me will not be putting anything up my you know what to check me!! I don't know what the heck docs today are thinking! Thankfully my docs (two in the practice one male one female) are nothing like this and totally respectful at all times. Geez I hope you are not going to keep him.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #13
aggfan
Registered Users
seller

I never say this, but I agree with the person who said what an *******. The only good thing about that interaction is that he didn't pull any punches and you know exactly what his attitudes about birth, midwives, and women are.

Frankly, I would not have this person as my backup. I would rather go to the hospital if it was an emergency and take my luck with whoever was on call. I don't really think they could be worse and they might be better.

I remember you were short on ob options. Any family docs in your area who do ob? As a group, they are supposed to be more open to natural childbirth. They may or may not be adequate backup, though... they can't do c sections, for instance, and I don't know if they can do forceps or vaccuum.
aggfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #14
LydiaJW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness!!

Yeah the level of OB care is SO much higher than a midwife...thats why my dr. left the room and went and took a NAP and missed my baby being born. She was caught by a nurse. That level of care is superior, for sure! *eyeroll*
Mama to 3, expecting #4 Peculiar Knits coming in 2009 to a HC near you!
Open for yy/mn customs - get those shorties going for spring!
LydiaJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #15
Kaden's mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm in shock. That's awful. Why did he even become an OB if he doesn't see the beauty of childbirth? I wouldn't ever see him again.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:21 PM   #16
maryjane
Registered Users

My ob is great. He's an advocate for women's rights to dictate their birth experience. He's very laid back and he has no problem with a woman wanting to do things her way as long as she is informed.
maryjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #17
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, just wow!!

He reminds me of the OB I had to see with my last baby when my midwife wasn't available. I made a comment about knowing something because it had happened in my last birth and he said and I quote "You women, you have a couple of kids and you think you know everything there is about pregnancy and childbirth"!!!
I was so flabbergasted that I just sat there in awe and of course after he left the room did I think to say in a very sarcastic tone "So how is YOUR vagina today?!?!" Ugh!

I hope you end up not having to use him, he sounds like a total ***
Old 01-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #18
laceys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't help but wonder what his motive is. He can't possibly think treating you this way will change your mind. No one deserves to be treated like this. If he is that concerned for you and your child he would want to be your doctor. Behavior like this doesn't say, "gee I really care about you." I really hope you find a doctor/midwife who cares about you.
My first doc didn't care about me and because I realized it too late, I couldn't get anyone else. So, when I went into labor I said "please don't call my doctor." I didn't care who delivered my baby, it for sure wasn't going to be him!
Good for you for standing up to the jerk and saying - I'm doing it my way.
also, I labored on my back the first time and not the second. That was a big deal to me too. It was way easier when I could move and position myself the ways I felt most comfortable. Not surprising that delivery was much much much shorter and easier.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #19
hackermd
Registered Users
seller

Can I punch him in the nose for you? I so will do it... say the word!

hackermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #20
Red Sonja
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow!!!! What a jerk! (Yeah, that's the nicest word I can use.)

I'll have my one appointment with my PCM next week to get my pap done to take to my homebirth midwife. I'm hoping I don't get crap like that but unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised.