Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
shanwilk
ShanniBanani
seller

My Mood:
WWYD...more FSOT frustration talk...

I ordered some covers on FSOT that arrived yesterday (and I was so excited because for those that don't remember I have been using Gerber crappy prefolds and Gerber vinyl covers). I put one on my dd last night and it worked great...two diapers with one cover and no leaking! I was thrilled. Well today I have used two different ones and both get soaked when dd wets and it isn't just a matter of them leaking out of the sides. I tuck everything under the elastic but also the entire cover is soaked. These are the same brand that I used last night and it worked just fine then (but different cover...am I making sense. 5 covers of the same brand and size, one used last night worked great and two used today soaked through).

I have a prorap on her that is working fine for the time being.

I sent a pm to the person with no response. I know they were and still are online because their little light is green. How long should I wait for a response before I come to the conclusion that I am not going to get one? It has only been a few hours BUT they are online or at least their little green light says they are and it is frustrating me. This was my very first FSOT transaction (with several more done since then) but I spent $23 dollars on 6 covers that have two so far that aren't working.

Lesson learned and walk away or what do I do. I am just so nervous now that I have seen so many of you on here getting burned on FSOT.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shan

Advertisement

Last edited by shanwilk; 01-09-2008 at 11:36 AM.
shanwilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
nini02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD...more FSOT frustration talk...

Sorry you're having trouble mama. About her being online, I know I leave my browser open most of the time, so it looks like I'm on DS like 24 hours a day, so maybe that's what it is. Did you check the PM confirmation and see if she read your message?

Stephanie, mommy to Avery and Iona

Swagbucks / ZoomBucks / Varolo
nini02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
JoyfulRose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry some of them aren't working for you. Most of the ladies on DS are really nice to work with; I'd give the mama a bit more time to respond.

Personally, I stay logged in a lot of the day but most of the time I'm not actually at the computer. I'm sure the green light shows me as being here but I'm usually taking care of the kiddos and just pop in for a few minutes throughout the day.

JoyfulRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
shanwilk
ShanniBanani
seller

My Mood:

How do I know if it has been opened?

Thanks mama's. I am just nervous about FSOT after reading about everyone's frustrations.

Shan
Old 01-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
JoyfulRose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you go to your inbox and then look right below where it says, "Jump to folder" it should have a line that says, "You have x amount of confirmed and x amount of unconfirmed private message receipts." You should be able to click on that link and see if she read your message or not.

Hope that helps!

JoyfulRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Forgive me, but I am confused (I'm really tired right now too LOL)

So, you got some covers from FSOT. You got 6 of them from one person? And, they arent working for you?
Old 01-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #7
siriusmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I know a lot of the time I will be on here and then have to run away from the computer (often after hearing the dreaded words of "mommmmm, the baby pooped!") so it looks like I am still here but really I am not.
Oh and if you notice this thread disappear it probably got moved to the transaction forum
Old 01-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #8
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nini02 View Post
Sorry you're having trouble mama. About her being online, I know I leave my browser open most of the time, so it looks like I'm on DS like 24 hours a day, so maybe that's what it is. Did you check the PM confirmation and see if she read your message?

yeah-I keep mine on alot too
Old 01-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #9
shanwilk
ShanniBanani
seller

My Mood:

The mama said they worked until she mailed them off to me as she was using them on her child but switched to wool. Maybe I am doing something wrong or maybe they are too big for Olivia. Using Unbleached Indian prefolds with the covers. Only two of them are working...I have one I haven't tried.

Just letting it go I guess. I can't prove either way if they are good or not so lesson learned. I won't be using them as the plastic/vinyl covers work so much better and I have an order of wool on the way...I just purchased them because I really needed something in the interim...I just hate to have spent money on something that isn't working and since they aren't working for me I'm not comfortable selling them on FSOT because I can't prove either way what the problem is.

ETA: The mama has good feedback rating in all of her tranactions so I doubt that she purposely tried to take me for a ride.

thanks mama's

Shan

Last edited by shanwilk; 01-09-2008 at 05:14 PM.
shanwilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #10
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

What kind of material is it?

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote