Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
daniels_mami
Banned
seller

My Mood:
my ma makes me so mad!

she has been knowing for a while that we decided to cloth diaper our son after having too many diaper rashes with disposables and she says i cant believe i'm doing this?
i said why not, and she says oh you can tell you have nothing better to do with ur life!? whats that supposed to mean? just bcuz im a stay at home doesnt mean anything. it got me mad, why does she need to say things like this? i decided to do it and she should comment on anything! i love cloth diapers and cant wait till i get more. she says that are too hard to take care of and plus they always leaked everywhere. boy has time changed, she has no clue to what there is out there these days plus she says its nasty and for ppl that have no lifes! my ma is just plain freaking lazy!

Advertisement

daniels_mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: my ma makes me so mad!

Are you sure you aren't talking about your mother in law?
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

my mom doesn't hardly ever agree with my choices either
Old 08-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
daniels_mami
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous Recycles
Are you sure you aren't talking about your mother in law?
my mil commented on it too saying stuff that im that going to keep up with it but dh put her in her spot and told her that i do what i want with my child! dh said that if i couldnt keep, we would go back to disposables but i dont want that i love cloth!
daniels_mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:07 PM   #5
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

"this is my decision for my child."

rinse, dry, repeat. she'll get the point... eventually.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

to you mama! we decided to cloth diaper before our son was born, and there were so many nay-sayers! i was so shocked how many people would turn their nose up at something that is better for the environment, baby, the list goes on and on. even my MIL who is obsessed with saving money thought we were being ridiculous and that all the extra laundry would be impossible, yadda yadda yadda, here we are six months later and we LOVE cloth! my MIL is even making jack a pocket diaper and brought over two dozen wipes the other day. i just wish she would say we've been right all along. yeah right!

i found that people stopped their comments when they saw the diapers and how much we love them, hopefully that will be your case as well.
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:25 PM   #7
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Hugs mama! My mom said to me "it's fine if you want to cloth diaper but when I watch her I want disposables". I looked her right in the face and said "fine, then buy them but I won't. I am not asking you to clean them, just change them." She hasn't brought it up since. My MIL will never watch the baby so that doesn't matter and I honestly don't think she even knows I am going with cloth. She actually told me yesterday not to bother calling (in regards to giving birth) until I am home from the hospital. I am thinking I will wait until her 2nd birthday then inform her (that was the first time she saw our older dd). Just let it roll and remember that you are doing what is best for YOUR baby.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:28 PM   #8
ShannaMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Silly. I'm sure once she sees how easy it really is, she'll change her tune.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #9
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

my parents both nay say my cloth diapering. It irritates them for some reason. But they can't deny the cuteness. Just keep at it, parents are just like that sometimes.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #10
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fither
to you mama! we decided to cloth diaper before our son was born, and there were so many nay-sayers! i was so shocked how many people would turn their nose up at something that is better for the environment, baby, the list goes on and on. even my MIL who is obsessed with saving money thought we were being ridiculous and that all the extra laundry would be impossible, yadda yadda yadda, here we are six months later and we LOVE cloth! my MIL is even making jack a pocket diaper and brought over two dozen wipes the other day. i just wish she would say we've been right all along. yeah right!

i found that people stopped their comments when they saw the diapers and how much we love them, hopefully that will be your case as well.
that's my story exactly!!