Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
icanonlyimagine
Theres a Scent for that!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
contractions vs cramps

ok heres a little back story.... when I was 10 weeks I was hospitalized for a night and diagnosed with gall bladder disease. we are waiting until after the baby is born for surgury. so I have gall bladder pain quite frequently but right now I am able to handle it....now for the regular story. along with the gall bladder pain occationally, I am also having cramps on and off, as well as some sporatic contractions. definatly not reglar and really not painful at all. the cramps are painful however. I understand that I am not in labor, but could these cramps and contractions be doing anything? oh yeah I am also having pain "down there"

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: contractions vs cramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by icanonlyimagine View Post
ok heres a little back story.... when I was 10 weeks I was hospitalized for a night and diagnosed with gall bladder disease. we are waiting until after the baby is born for surgury. so I have gall bladder pain quite frequently but right now I am able to handle it....now for the regular story. along with the gall bladder pain occationally, I am also having cramps on and off, as well as some sporatic contractions. definatly not reglar and really not painful at all. the cramps are painful however. I understand that I am not in labor, but could these cramps and contractions be doing anything? oh yeah I am also having pain "down there"
Some can, but it sounds like maybe you are just having contractions because of the pain from the gall bladder issues. I had lots of pressure 'down there" with Gage and it felt like I was swollen and throbbing. {Sorry if it is tmi} I did have very painful braxton hicks contractions. The dr said that the more babies you have, the stronger those get. I was even admitted in L & D overnight twice because they were so strong and they actually started to dilate me. It usually stopped, but it seemed like I had constant contractions with him through the pregnancy. He was born at 37 weeks.

I hope you feel better and that the gall bladder pain doesn't become unbearable or cause you lots of trouble. I had someone in a childbirth class with me when I was expecting my first who had gall bladder surgery because she just couldn't stand the pain. She was fine and so was her baby. He was even late. Though with first time mommies.. late is just 'normal' right?

Keep us posted!