Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #191
mama z
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: PA mamas check in!

Hey mamas!
I'm in Phoenixville - western suburb of Philly. I grew up in lower Bucks and did a short stint at Kutztown University before transferring to Temple University. That feels like eons ago!

There's a great group of moms/kids (and a few dads/partners!) called Circle of Families (formerly Families of Natural Living Philadelphia) you guys should know about.
I'm surprised Liz didn't mention it a few pages back.
Liz!

Anyhow, we're a group of more than 100 families who run the gamut from chewy to very crunchy
In and all around Philly, north, south, east and west although the greatest showing seems to be families from Delaware County, Montco, and Chester. There's also a bunch from Philly proper and a few from Bucks. We have a very chatty message board (see my siggy), do MNO/MNI, playgroups, potlucks, co-ops, and other assorted fun things. And really, the best thing about it is the support in things like natural birthing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, gentle discipline etc. etc. You get my drift.
Ok, that's enough recruiting, lol. PM me for more information. Hope to hear from some of you, especially you Philly mamas. We need more city flava

Advertisement

Old 07-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #192
Happypancake
Registered Users

York/Dover area here!
Happypancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #193
lizzytra
Registered Users

Where has your group been all my CDing life?!?!

I live in Chester Co, almost in Lancaster Co and near Berks Co. I'd LOVE to know other moms who cd irl, but I'm nowhere near Philly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama z View Post
Hey mamas!
I'm in Phoenixville - western suburb of Philly. I grew up in lower Bucks and did a short stint at Kutztown University before transferring to Temple University. That feels like eons ago!

There's a great group of moms/kids (and a few dads/partners!) called Circle of Families (formerly Families of Natural Living Philadelphia) you guys should know about.
I'm surprised Liz didn't mention it a few pages back.
Liz!

Anyhow, we're a group of more than 100 families who run the gamut from chewy to very crunchy
In and all around Philly, north, south, east and west although the greatest showing seems to be families from Delaware County, Montco, and Chester. There's also a bunch from Philly proper and a few from Bucks. We have a very chatty message board (see my siggy), do MNO/MNI, playgroups, potlucks, co-ops, and other assorted fun things. And really, the best thing about it is the support in things like natural birthing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, gentle discipline etc. etc. You get my drift.
Ok, that's enough recruiting, lol. PM me for more information. Hope to hear from some of you, especially you Philly mamas. We need more city flava
Old 07-24-2008, 08:05 AM   #194
Lisa_m
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzytra View Post
Where has your group been all my CDing life?!?!

I live in Chester Co, almost in Lancaster Co and near Berks Co. I'd LOVE to know other moms who cd irl, but I'm nowhere near Philly.
I'm in Southern Berks county, so not too far from you. I don't know anyone here who cloth diapers, although I'm sure they must be around. Do you know of any B &M CD stores around here. I don't need any diapers, but I would buy a few if they had them. Whole Foods in Douglassville has Gdiapers & $34 organic cotton prefolds, but I won't spend that much on prefolds and we don't use the G's.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #195
mama z
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_m View Post
I'm in Southern Berks county, so not too far from you. I don't know anyone here who cloth diapers, although I'm sure they must be around. Do you know of any B &M CD stores around here. I don't need any diapers, but I would buy a few if they had them. Whole Foods in Douglassville has Gdiapers & $34 organic cotton prefolds, but I won't spend that much on prefolds and we don't use the G's.
diaperware.com
single mama of three who lives in media, delaware county.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #196
Lisa_m
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
diaperware.com
awesome thanks, I'll check that out!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #197
JaylasMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Catasauqua, PA here... I'm originally from MD.
We're moving soon, still in the LV area, but probably away from Catty. I dislike DF's father.
JaylasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #198
retromamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're in West Chester. I don't know anyone else who CDs and friends/coworkers make fun of DS's big butt when we're out. It doesn't bother me, but it embarrasses DH!

We're looking for a pedi who's cool with delayed vax [we need to vax because of daycare]. Our current "chain" of doctors isn't very supportive of BF or CD. They wrote off DS's crying as colic, but it turns out I'm hyperlactating, so with a few changes over 3 days, he's 100% normal [and I have a hearty stash of BM in the freezer!]. I'm tired of cold-calling offices. Chester Cty mamas, if you know of supportive docs, PM me and I can start interviewing!

I love Inge at diaperware.com! We got our CD stash started there, and she carries other green lifestyle items too! Order online or visit her store in Aston to save on shipping or to browse/test products.

ETA- Kids First West Chester helped us follow a delayed/alternating vax schedule. I was nervous about asking, but in the end, I showed I was educated about the pros/cons and they are supporting our schedule.

Last edited by retromamma; 12-05-2008 at 05:57 PM.
retromamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:33 PM   #199
mama4jc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi all: So good to see all these mamas from LV! I just moved to Nazareth, PA myself....anyone have any rec's for OB/midwife and ped's for us? Or any rec's for anything they like, for that matter. And if anyone of you are up for a playdate or get together, PM me! We'd love to make some friends.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #200
catkendig
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
diaperware.com
Wow, when did that happen? Last time I bought from Inge she was only operating out of the house. Very cool. Hope she posts what her regular hours will be so I can stop on in. I really wanted to open my own B&M diaper store here since there isn't one anywhere around here, but I chickened out and couldn't give up my job. Wonder if she'll be open this Saturday, I'll be right around the corner at the Linvilla Orchards Peach Festival.
catkendig is offline   Reply With Quote