Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #141
pigletmsu
Registered Users

Re: calling Michigan Mamas :)

Any momma here named Julie from the Lansing area who makes Mei Tais? I was at Caesar Land today for playgroup and was admiring another lady's Mei Tai and she said her friend made it. I TRIED to tell if the friend's DS was wearing a CD, but it wasn't super obvious (he was wearing clothes after all ). But now it's got me wondering since it's not that common to find another person in my area who makes baby carriers. She MUST atleast be part of the baby wearer group if she's not on here.

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #142
jca61502
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No way! I teach at Three Oaks!! I'm the 6/7 teacher there!
jca61502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #143
MamaL
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletmsu View Post
Any momma here named Julie from the Lansing area who makes Mei Tais? I was at Caesar Land today for playgroup and was admiring another lady's Mei Tai and she said her friend made it. I TRIED to tell if the friend's DS was wearing a CD, but it wasn't super obvious (he was wearing clothes after all ). But now it's got me wondering since it's not that common to find another person in my area who makes baby carriers. She MUST atleast be part of the baby wearer group if she's not on here.

Her name is JulieB and I'm not sure if she's on here...but I know she's part of TBW. Are you part of the Michigan Mom Squad? Because there's a lot of babywearing, cd'ing mommas there!
MamaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #144
pigletmsu
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaL View Post
Her name is JulieB and I'm not sure if she's on here...but I know she's part of TBW. Are you part of the Michigan Mom Squad? Because there's a lot of babywearing, cd'ing mommas there!
Were you there??? I kept looking over at the group wondering if I would recognize anyone from off here after I saw the Mei Tai. If you know Julie, tell her she does beautiful work. I pointed it out to 3 of my friends because we were just talking about baby carriers and they were lamenting their snugli slings and front packs and I told them they should get Mei Tais but couldn't describe it that well until I saw the mom with hers on! I was checking all the bums looking for any CDs , but I didn't see any obvious ones or I would have gone over and asked if they were from DS. They all seemed really nice and had kids about the ages of the kids in my playgroup. But, no, I've never heard of the mom squad. I was there with a playgroup from my church.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #145
MamaL
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletmsu View Post
Were you there??? I kept looking over at the group wondering if I would recognize anyone from off here after I saw the Mei Tai. If you know Julie, tell her she does beautiful work. I pointed it out to 3 of my friends because we were just talking about baby carriers and they were lamenting their snugli slings and front packs and I told them they should get Mei Tais but couldn't describe it that well until I saw the mom with hers on! I was checking all the bums looking for any CDs , but I didn't see any obvious ones or I would have gone over and asked if they were from DS. They all seemed really nice and had kids about the ages of the kids in my playgroup. But, no, I've never heard of the mom squad. I was there with a playgroup from my church.
Nope, I wasn't there But I do know Julie from the Lansing Babywearing group and from Mich Mom Squad (which I"m not active in right now...because I was TOO addicted ) She does gorgeous work doesn't she?
MamaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #146
iamloved22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW there are a lot of us here! We are in Metamora (halfway between Imlay City & Lapeer)
HSing Mama to Austin 8/30/97& Madeline 3/5/06 & 2 early angels 7/99 & 12/07TTCing #3!
Visit me at: http://afrugalmama.blogspot.com/

Last edited by iamloved22; 02-06-2008 at 01:40 PM.
iamloved22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #147
elah
Registered Users
seller

It's not a B&M store. I actually emailed her when I was learning about CDing and asked her if she did workshops or would be help show a newbie how it works. She was not very nice in her reply so I never did buy anything from her. I would like to support local bus. but only one's that deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
I live in GR now, but grew up in Stevensville. There's a cd shop that's run out of Stevensville....I'll have to think what it's called. I don't think it's a B&M store, but I'd bet she'd let you go to pick up if you asked. I found it. It's called Thanks Mama.

Auntie Em's House- Etsy shop
elah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #148
krgolden
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hello! I'm from right outside of Jackson!
Old 02-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #149
crashintome
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm Danielle, I live in the Grand Rapids area. I've been married for over 3 years to Paul. We have a just-turned-3-year-old son, Kade. We're not currently diapering, but I'm planning ahead for the next one.

*waves to Amber* Long time no see.
*waves to Heather* I'm from RC too. I used to be friends with Amanda.
crashintome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #150
fallon
Black Sheep Boutique
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvercrest79 View Post
Midland (near Saginaw and Bay City for those of you who haven't heard of it). There are a bunch of us here in my area.
I knew there was a reason I loved Midland. Hubby and I use to sneak away for a night at a hotel in midland...we loved it and the town is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kristina~ View Post
Hi, I'm from Waterford!
you're close to me then...I'm in clarkston
fallon is offline   Reply With Quote