Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #241
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Missouri Mama's Check In Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsflowers View Post
Thanks for the info Mama! I feel so alone out here.
No problem...there's a great group that meets once a month in Rolla also, called Mindful Mothers. The mama that runs Sprouting Up is a co-leader and will have info if you call/email/stop by!
I miss them so much since we moved!

Advertisement

Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #242
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

I am in the small town of Clinton! An hour south of lees summit. I dont know anyone here who does cloth but I know there are quite a few ladies in KC!
Old 04-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #243
CaveGirl81
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsflowers View Post
I just moved to Sullivan Mo in December and I can not find ANY cd mamas around here. Hoping to find a cd mama friend somewhere near here.
I live between Sullivan & Bourbon and CD'd both of my daughters at least part of the time. I have friends who used cloth, too, but I think all of our kids are past the diaper stage. Wait, Sarah's youngest might still be in diapers--I haven't seen her in several months so I'm not sure. My youngest is 3. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that we do exist.

Are you planning on homeschooling? I tried that for about a year with my oldest but it didn't work out for us. There's a secular homeschool group in Rolla comprised of a lot of earthy-type moms and you may fit right in with them. They're nice women but I haven't seen them in years since I stopped homeschooling and something always came up that kept me from most of the meetings anyway.

I just registered on this forum because your post popped up on Google when I was searching for homeschooling + Sullivan, MO links for an internet friend, in case anyone was wondering why I'm posting here when I don't have children in diapers anymore .
CaveGirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #244
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveGirl81 View Post
Are you planning on homeschooling? I tried that for about a year with my oldest but it didn't work out for us. There's a secular homeschool group in Rolla comprised of a lot of earthy-type moms and you may fit right in with them. They're nice women but I haven't seen them in years since I stopped homeschooling and something always came up that kept me from most of the meetings anyway.

I just registered on this forum because your post popped up on Google when I was searching for homeschooling + Sullivan, MO links for an internet friend, in case anyone was wondering why I'm posting here when I don't have children in diapers anymore .
I have to chime in again and say that the secular homeschool group in Rolla is great and made up of a great group of people! The group has been growing also! There's a few mamas from the group I mentioned earlier that also are in the homeschooling group, so if you go to one, you'll see familiar faces at the other.
Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #245
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Been on DS for a while and never even ventured to this forum. We live outside of Lee's Summit/Raymore . I scored some of my first NB fluff at the diaper swap yesterday. Next week is going to be crazy. Tuesday is the customer appreciation party at Happy B's and then Ina May Gaskin is speaking at a open to the public forum Friday night at the KC Birthnetwork Conference!
Old 04-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #246
nikkilynn
Registered Users
seller

Location: Glad to be back in th PNW :) Allyn Wa to be exact!!
My Mood:

I just wanna say Y'all make me SO SO JEALOUS I miss southern Mo. so so bad
Old 04-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #247
PhoebeMomma
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Cape Girardeau, Missouri here. I know where Sullivan is - I grew up in Gerald!
PhoebeMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #248
tlc981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
Been on DS for a while and never even ventured to this forum. We live outside of Lee's Summit/Raymore . I scored some of my first NB fluff at the diaper swap yesterday. Next week is going to be crazy. Tuesday is the customer appreciation party at Happy B's and then Ina May Gaskin is speaking at a open to the public forum Friday night at the KC Birthnetwork Conference!
I was there too! I didn't get too much, a few hemp fitteds and some rockin green soap

Hi!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #249
ArmyWife&Momma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
One of my friends is going to see Ina May and I'm SO jealous We just moved from the KC metro area to here two weeks ago. Damn that timing!
ArmyWife&Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:45 PM   #250
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

hey, I'm in Sullivan! Thought I was the only one! I have one dd, and I'm pregnant with a second. I cd, obviously, and intend to with the next one as well.
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote