Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Re: I'm expecting twins!!

Oh I told DH if we found out we were having twins he was a dead man I know I could do it, but like you I would have been way overwhealmed. And it is ok to feel that way!!

I can't wait to see pics!!

Advertisement

mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #12
MamaTiff~n~herMonkeys
CRUNCHY as GRAPE NUTS
seller

My Mood:

Yeah see your list but 2 times more kisses and hugs and 2 more Mommy I love you!!!

CONGRATS MAMA!!!

ON THE FRICKIN WAGON ~DAY 7
MamaTiff~n~herMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #13
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats mama, I think your feelings are very normal and I hope you can just let yourself feel them, so you can move on to the excited feelings, You are blessed remember that.

240/2014
greenMImama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #14
house-of-boys
Registered Users
Formerly: bsmama
seller

My Mood:

My awesome sister nursed her twin boys for 14 months, without any supplements! Congratulations!
house-of-boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #15
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

I'm a twin. And while I can't imagine having twins of my own, I can tell you this:

Be prepared for a lot of bickering as they get older.
Be prepared for two against one with your other lo.
Be prepared for sometimes feeling like you don't quite get them!
Be prepared for them to grow up to be each others' best friends.
Be prepared for them to have that built in bond with someone else that lasts forever.
Be prepared to answer a lot of questions as the pp said. We STILL get them (we're both six feet tall girls, and look a LOT alike!)
Try not to refer to them as "the twins," and don't let others do it, either, they are going to be a fascinating blend of the same and different. Let them be.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN mama. It will be trying at times, but wonderful too!

My dh says that sometimes he feels like he married two people.
When I found out I was pregnant with dd, I almost told my sis first ()
DH ASKED me if I told her first when I told HIM! ()

Trust me, you'll LOVE watching them develop into the people they will be. I know a LOT of twins, and it's amazing.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #16
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations mama. I have no experience myself but my sisters are twins. I just love seeing them interact. It is an amazing and beautiful sight! Hang in there!!!

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #17
twinmommy2
Registered Users

My Mood:

Congratulations!!! Don't be afraid, you will be fine. Twins to some are double work but in my opinion it is not. It just takes a little longer. You change one, you change the other. Breast feeding did not happen for me, poor supply, the girls were not interested so i formula feed. Life goes on, they are fine and healthy. Get yourself a boppy pillow. Prop them up and you can feed two at a time. With my twins they stayed on the same schedule. Also get two swings, they work wonders. Also we kept our two little ones in the same crib to sleep, as long as they were touching they were safe. And that continues to this day! It is just the first few months they get you up but any baby does that. I understand that you have another child but you will be fine Twins are wonderful and it is great to see the bond and interaction they have. You are doublely blessed. Good luck
twinmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #18
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations! If you can get some help, I suggest a postpartum doula. I'm one and "specialize" in twins. It is a lot of work, but you can get through it. What a blessing.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #19
twinmommy2
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewigglebutts View Post
Okay, when I found out we were having twins, I cried, literally. By the time it was done I think every nurse in the place was coming in to the exam room to tell me it was going to be okay. It is actually much, much, much better than okay. It's pretty cool.

You can feed them both at the same time. They tend to sleep at the same time. And feeding them both at the same time and pumping in between feedings early on will help keep your supply up. The hardest part of having twins, for me, was the fact that we couldn't run to the store for bread without 20 people stopping me to talk about twins. Get familiar with the following: (My DH got so tired of these, he came up with crazy answers, which I went ahead and included, for your amusement/horror. I was always mortified.)

"Are they twins?" (No, their triplets. We left the other one in the car.)
"Are they identical?" (Did you even look before you asked that?)
"Are they natural?" (No, they're a poly/cotton blend)
"Do twins run in your family?" (No, they're not even walking yet. OR Yep, they walk, run, sit, stand, pretty much everything you'd expect.)
"Can I hold one?" (NO!!!!)
"Wow, do you have your hands full!" (Yep, we're lucky!)

It is so truw
twinmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #20
Rollins4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats mama!! When we found out we were having twins,, we just started laughing,, truly we didn't even think about any of the stuff you mentioned. We had a 4 yr old and a 1.5 yr old and when the babies came it was chaos ( and still is). We too had/have no family close (not even within a few hours away), but it all works out and YOU WILL DO GREAT!! And as the PP stated, watching them interact and truly it is double the love!!! And then with your other little peanut,, your truly blessed. BTW I have EBF my twins and I had a supply issue in the very beginning (stock up on Mothers Milk Tea, the stuff is miraculous) but it resolved itself quickly and the boys are still going strong and they are 16 months old!!!
Rollins4 is offline   Reply With Quote