Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #21
twinmom07
Registered Users

Re: I'm expecting twins!!

congrats!
welcome to the club...
my twins were 40 weeks, weighed 7.4 and 7.9,
and have always been EBF...sooo it's possible.

you guys will make it it will be awesome!

Advertisement

Last edited by twinmom07; 01-10-2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: spelling
twinmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #22
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom07 View Post
congrats!
welcome to the club...
my twins were 40 weeks, weighed 7.4 and 7.9,
and have always been EBF...sooo it's possible.

you guys will make it it will be awesome!
WOW!! to you mama!
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #23
twinmom07
Registered Users

yeah,
i was on a special 'twin growing' diet...and gained 103 pounds
BUT, we got the results we wanted
i lost 56 right after they were born...
and
still have 29 to go...but i'll get there...even if i don't, they are so worth it!!!
twinmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #24
imacuckoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats mama. I know it's scary, and it is indeed hard. But oh how wonderful to see your two babies laughing at each other, or holding hands while breastfeeding.
My babies were born at 38 weeks 1 day, 8lbs4oz and 7lbs8oz. I did supplement a little in the beginning b/c my son had latch issues. But everything worked out, and we have been going strong for 15 months (I highly reccomend tandem tursing!). They are the absolute joy of my life. And just like all children, it is worth any difficulties.
As soon as you hold those babies in your arms, you won't have time to be freaked out!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:52 PM   #25
blessedwithprincessntwins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First Congrats! I have twins two boys and they are 7 months.
I'll say my dh wasn't the happiest either but with reason he wasn't planning on having sny more children and now I'm preg. w/two. It is a challege and it's not easy sometimes but it has it's benefits too.
* twice as blessed
*you get to have 2 at once instead of one individually
*they learn patience and you do too
*they get built in play mates
* they can be feed at the same time (I was so scared to feed them at the same time but it is soooo much easier if you say you'll do it and make it work Less time feeding if feed together=more time for you to sleep
* I also have 3 carseats there really isn't that much of a difference (tip: get the bases w/carseats it saves you time
*get to get matching outfits (so fun)
*go to mutiples sales and find all kind of stuff
* as for eating twice as long
WIth my dd I was always hurting she didn't completeley empty my milk with the boys I have no problem with that which to me is a benefit. With my DD you know you have to remeember which side you feed last no worries b/c there is one on each side
* I do have 2 highchairs and it's not a negitive but I have heard many mom's of twins have only one hc. I feed them at the same time.
* I was scared about the c-section never wanted one with my dd and not one with my twin boys either. I straight up asked my Dr. told her didn't want to have a c-section and she said as long as they are turned the right way I didn't have to. I didn't have to have a c-section and I ended uo having them naturally not by choice but it really wasn't painfully.
*twins are likely to be preemies.... e and mine were but being a premie is not the end of the world usually my boys were 35 weeks 5lbs 9oz/5 lbs. 10 oz.
There was nothing wrong with them so the stay at hospital wasn't long.
*my advice about the milk is pump, pump ,pump. That's how I got mine to be enough. I did BF them but they were also supplemented.
*Time goes by WAY to quick
* Another thing I know having twins can be very overwhelming.I am still overwhelmed at times but if you change your mindset and think of your twins as a blessing instead it will help out alot.imacuckoo Congrats mama. I know it's scary, and it is indeed hard. But oh how wonderful to see your two babies laughing at each other, or holding hands while breastfeeding

And I agree with: imacuckoo But oh how wonderful to see your two babies laughing at each other, or holding hands while breastfeeding .

one more thing it is not as hard as you think it will be!!!!!!!!!

If you have any questions you can ask me be glad to share more of being a mother of twins
Charlotte
blessedwithprincessntwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #26
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow. double congrats to you. And I wish your family the best. (( HUGS ))
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:22 AM   #27
lovemy3boys
FUN & MENTAL are Fundamental
seller

My Mood:

BIG Congrats to you mama!

my twins are almost 6 months old and i know alot of mama's have given you some spectacular advice/experiences, i just had to d my own thoughts.

I found out at 13 weeks and i was in shock! dh is in the coast guard and was somewhere in the middle of the ocean between california and panama! i had to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital with a nearly 1 1/2 year old and that was hard. i was so scared and thrilled and shocked. but yes, twins can be early. but just as many can be late! i had mine at 33 weeks, but we had an on-again/off-again relationship with 'do they share a sac'. they told me no 3 times, yes 2 times and in the end AFTER they were born they did share a sac! you can feed them at the same time, i mostly choose not to because i have to get a very active 2 year old down from the counter every 5 minutes and that's hard to do without an extra hand. my twins sleep pretty well through the night. much better than my singleton ever did (and still does!) when peopel ask me if it's hard, i find myself saying NO every time. chasing a 2 year old when you are trying to take care of twins is the hardest part IMO. and even on days when i get to my witts end, it's still not the hardest thing i've ever done.

every smile and laugh and coo and eveyr time one of them rolls over or sucks his fingers. every time they are sleeping happily.. it makes it more than worth it! nothing is ever always easy, as i'm sure you know, but i think some of the hardest things are more worth wild than the simplest ones.

oh, and as far as milk supply.. your body just knows. i pumped for 2 months because 3 weeks of that was 'hospital time' and i just couldn't get in the groove until one day when i was about to give up (sick and tired of mastitis and yeast infections) i just stopped pumping and started breastfeeding! it's more than possible and i think the more determined you are, the easier it will be.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:29 AM   #28
BooBooKisses Momma
Banned
seller

moms are amazing people, we adjust to the role of new mommy to more so quickly. it'll be fine. line up some help for the first few weeks until you get a routine. and sleep when you can. i always wanted twins, and now since I'm with Mike he and I both have 6 yr olds (born days apart) who call themselves The Twins. LOL.
BooBooKisses Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #29
Tad
Registered Users

My Mood:

you all. You are making me cry.

Thanks for all the tips and encouragement.

Using 1 crib might work...DS was a giant and outgrew all bassinets in a month or so, but the twins are likely to be smaller.

We already have an infant seat with 2 bases - we just need to get at least 1 more seat and maybe 1-2 more bases too. What about a stroller?? We have Phil&Teds and thought we'd just get the extension to it to make it work as a double stroller, but now there 3 of them!! I guess on the the twins could be in a sling...

On the positive side - I am already thinking of the cute double outfits and pictures
Old 01-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #30
Tad
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
Congratulations! If you can get some help, I suggest a postpartum doula. I'm one and "specialize" in twins.
How do we find a doula? And what does is cost approximately? What all does a doula do?