Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2008, 01:02 AM   #81
earthymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Post your "solids starved" baby pictures

Here is my poor starved 15 month old. .

Advertisement

earthymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:13 AM   #82
MamaF
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickieboggs View Post
I've never heard that you are starving your baby if you wait just that the vitamins may not be all that sufficient (especially iron) if you wait to long.....but that being said i'm waiting awhile yet...........you ladies have some cute babies.....in need of a good meal but cute!! lol
actually this statement is true, but only for FF babies not BF babies. Around 6months old something starts being processed in their little bodies and it does something to the iron in formula before the baby can absorb it. B/C BM is absorbed almost instantly the iron in it is all absorbed so BF babies don't have iron issues and FF babies due. I looked into this when decided to hold DS off on solids longer b/c DD had major issues (at 6months) with solids.

I will post pictures tomorrow from my computer that has pictures.

Both DD(6months for solids) and DS (8 1/2months for solids) dropped from 50% height and weight(entire time they were EBF) to 5% height (DS only) and 5% weight (DD and DS) after starting solids.

Also to boost your moral here. When DD had flu and DS was sick with bad cold our Dr. told us to go back to EBF (3wks after flu symptoms gone for DD and 1 wk after cold gone for DS) b/c it was the best way to be sure they were getting all the nutrients they needed and not just filling up on solids and missing out on most of the nutrients.

YOU GO MAMA'S
Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #83
MamaF
Registered Users

My Mood:

DD at 5 months

DS at 6 months

Old 03-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #84
roxy1stmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They're all so cute! They can pass some chunk to my ds. At ds's 9 month appt. the Dr. told us to up the solids cause he was below the 5th%. The way I look at it is both his daddy and me were small as kids and my dh weighs about 110lbs so I think it's mostly genetic. He does however store most of his fat in his thighs.
Flynn at 2 months

at 6 months still EBF

and now almost 10 months

Stupid Dr.s!

Roxy, Flynn & Amelia's Mommy
roxy1stmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:28 AM   #85
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

oh man someone call cps! these babes are starving!
elijah @ 2wks already gained 5lbs from birth!

@ 5 mos. we started solids @ 6 then stopped and started again @ 8. its still sparatic w feedings. if he is ill i EBF too.

all the rolley polley cuties!!

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #86
lilepad
Registered Users

My Mood:

First, a photomerge. This is my dd at 4.5 mo and my friend (kgend912 on here)'s son at 5 mo. They're just under 3 weeks apart in age. We live in two different states but have the same playmat so we took pics and put them together. (she's in an XS thirsties cover here LOL)

Then, a picture of her from the weekend. She's in the 3rd %ile for weight. A petite 13 lbs at 6 months, but she actually has some chunk to her and doc isn't worried.

Now to "prove" that it isn't my milk that's keeping her thin, her brother at the same age. He didn't really start any solids until about 7 months. He's always been at the top of the charts for his size. Now, at 4.5 years, he's pushing 50 lbs but is also tall for his age so he's not "fat". (I can't even imagine how huge that tub would be for her)

Every baby is different. In our family, it seems that our son takes after my tall husband (and maybe my dad's side of the family) and our daughter takes after me & my short mom's side of the family.