Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 AM   #1011
twinmamamaven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

I will post my craigslist ad incase anyone knows of someone who needs a w/d. http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/app/1534765709.html

I hope all stay safe today. the roads look awful on the news! hope all can just stay home & stay warm

Advertisement

Potty Training but twins & EP'ed for 13+ mns
twinmamamaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #1012
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullabal98 View Post
I can post info on him through my MOMS group if you like... let me know for sure and perhaps an email addy for interested people to contact you. So sorry - I know this must have been hard for you to decide but you are thinking of him and that is very self-less.
That is wonderful of you to offer. Thank you.

I'll PM you my email info.

I had one lady respond this morning who wants to meet him on Sunday to see if her shepherd mix and Spartacus will get along. If they do, then we'll do a home visit to see how her shepherd reacts to having another full grown male IN his home.

But you know never know if it'll work out or not... so yes, thanks so much for the offer!

Yeah, it was hard. I cried while I was typing one of the messages!

God bless,
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #1013
twinmamamaven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Michelle- I hope that that lady & her sheppard will be buddies with Spartcus. And you could always go & visit.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #1014
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmamamaven View Post

I hope all stay safe today. the roads look awful on the news! hope all can just stay home & stay warm
Hubby came really close to wrecking on his way home from work this morning! When he got home he came in to say hi (about 5am) and he looked upset. I said "Are you ok?" He said "I'm really shaken up." I said "Oh no, were you in an accident? Are you ok?" He said "I was REALLY close to being in an accident, but am ok. It was just aclose call."

He was comming off of 183 onto 360, and as he came around the curve on the bridge (going very slowly because it was slick with ice) there was a semi truck up ahead who had lost control and spun out. Chris almost hit him because when he started to break, he just started to slide.

So he almost hit the side of the bridge but didn't. He got out to go check on the trucker, who said he was fine and was waiting on the police who said "We'll get there when we can." So then DH got back in our car. As he got his seatbelt on, he saw two cars comming and thought "Why on earth is that idiot trying to pass the other car?" Then realized that she WASN'T trying to pass, but was also out of control. She got passed, and smacked the bridge wall and came to a stop just in front of the big truck. the second car was comming right for him. He just braced himself. The car BARELY misse our car. But had Chris NOT gotten in the car, he would have been run over because the car went right where he and the trucker had been talking. So THANK GOD both men had gotten back into their vehicles.

So DH and the trucker went to check on the other two drivers, who were both ok. Then DH decided to get the heck out of there because he was just in a bad spot and it would only be a matter of time before our car got hit. So as he was leaving he called the cops again and they said "Yes, there is someone on their way." Chris said "OK, I just wanted to let you know because now there have been 4 wrecks out here and the road is starting to get blocked. I'm leaving before I get hit." They thanked him for the call and he came home.

I am just so greatful for the guardian angel who had his and on that situation! That no one was hurt and only minor vehicle damages were done to their cars (as of the time my DH left). I am also very thankful...because a few weeks ago, some idiot hit my husband's van in our parking lot and took off without leaving any info.. and it's out of commision until we can get it fixed... so the SUV is the ONLY working vehicle we have right now. So in addition to being VERY greatful for my DH's safety, I'm also very greatful that our car isn't damaged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmamamaven View Post
Michelle- I hope that that lady & her sheppard will be buddies with Spartcus. And you could always go & visit.
Thanks. Hopefully it'll all work out!

God bless,
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #1015
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow, Michelle I got chills reading about your dh. I am so glad he's okay. My dh saw 4 wrecks on the way to work and his normal 20 minute commute was an hour. He drives my tiny beater from college and I worry about him because that car will not protect him if it's ever hit.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #1016
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullabal98 View Post
wow, Michelle I got chills reading about your dh. I am so glad he's okay. My dh saw 4 wrecks on the way to work and his normal 20 minute commute was an hour. He drives my tiny beater from college and I worry about him because that car will not protect him if it's ever hit.
DH is driving my SUV, it's a small SUV, granted....but at least it gives him some height, and it has side impact airbags.. so if he was it in the driver side by a car.. he's a bit higher up and has the airbags... so that makes me feel better. Kinda glad that his van is broken right now. That thing is like a 92 and doesn't have all the safety features that my Tuscon does!

God bless,
Michelle

Old 01-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #1017
twinmamamaven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
DH is driving my SUV, it's a small SUV, granted....but at least it gives him some height, and it has side impact airbags.. so if he was it in the driver side by a car.. he's a bit higher up and has the airbags... so that makes me feel better. Kinda glad that his van is broken right now. That thing is like a 92 and doesn't have all the safety features that my Tuscon does!

God bless,
Michelle
so scary! my husband had a dentist appt at 8:20 or he would have been out the door at 6am. He drives a '94 two door Tahoe with NO safety features, so that scares me.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #1018
twinmamamaven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

never mind...

Last edited by twinmamamaven; 01-07-2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: read the rules & posting a sale thread is a no-no. oops :)
Old 01-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #1019
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

talking about weather and roads:
I don't understand why TX dot (or whoever) waits until AFTER the ice is on the ground; before the SLLLOWLY start putting the compound on the roads. I would rather them waste the compound and avoid all this.

I left my house at 7am this morning and didn't get into work until 9:45am!! I had to actually stop and go to the restroom before i could finish my trip in. (my carbon-footprint is horrid: i live in Everman and drive to n. dallas 48miles)
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #1020
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In case anybody is interested wanted to pass this info along.

Tomorrow morning from 8am-10am Motherhood Maternity at the Parks Mall is having a free bra fitting class.

I really want to go..but not sure I want to take the kids, and I KNOW DH won't want to get up to take care of them.... maybe if I bring some books, toys and snacks, they'll behave. LOL

God bless,
Michelle