Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2010, 06:13 AM   #1401
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
It's 4:20am. My water broke about 3:45-3:50. Woo hoo... having a baby today (fingers crossed that it's TODAY and not a 48 hour horror story!

Funny thing.. it IS my due date today. Noah's water broke ON his due date and he was born ON his due date too!!

Wish me luck ladies. Will update when I can.

God bless!
ooooh, exciting!! hoping it goes smoothly and so glad your mom and hubby are around to help

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #1402
peacebug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OH! YAY MICHELLE! A new baby TODAY!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #1403
twinmamamaven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

beautiful day to have a baby!!
Potty Training but twins & EP'ed for 13+ mns
twinmamamaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #1404
spacetygrss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hoping you've had your baby by now Michelle!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #1405
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

Just now seeing this, hope your baby is in your arms by now Michelle!!
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #1406
reneesavona
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
Renee, what kind of carrier do you have? I talked my neighbor into the mei tai when her LO was younger, but she's the only other person I've seen wearing a baby here.

Peace, Peppermint has some online tuts for Moby if you lost the booklet that came with it. I have worn Harper facing out and she liked it, but she's not quite able to hold her head up enough for that. She always goes to sleep within minutes of being in it. I love my Ergo, and I'll let you know how I like the Beco as soon as I get it in the mail. I've been impatiently stalking my mailman who doesn't get here until 7:00. GRRRR It's coming from Canada, so no tracking.
Sorry hadn't been on here in A few days, I have a Moby and I love it! A friend of mine is making me a gauze wrap for when it gets warmer and I can't wait to try it, i've heard it's much more supportive although I'm finding the Moby to be so comfortable I'm not sure I'll want to use anything else.
reneesavona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:31 AM   #1407
twinmamamaven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This was on FB yesterday:

"Michelle Muhlbach: Baby Levi joined us today, ON his due date That's the second one, Noah did that too. He is 8lbs 2.5oz, 19 inches long, and his fat little head is 13 3/4 inches around. Welcome into the world Levi! Will post pictures this week. God bless!"

Congrats mama!!! Can't wait to see some pictures!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:45 AM   #1408
peacebug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yaaaaaaaay! I was looking for aby news!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #1409
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey mamas! Sorry I didn't post sooner. DS wasn't wanting to load for me last night.

Since the FB notice was abridged due to their limited space, here is the full birth story. Kinda long, just a warning.

Saturday I made a batch of those "Jump-Start Your Labor" cookies. The instructions were "Eat as many as you can stomach, then go take a nap and wait for labor to start."

Well I can't eat alot of sweets at once, so I just munched on them throughout the day.... did it cause labor, or would my water have broken this morning on it's own? Who knows.. I did pump for 5 minutes per side before bed Saturday night AND the night before. Again, did it "help" my water to break? Or just a coincidence? Who knows for sure!

Anyway... For the last week I've been having a few painful contractions when going to bed. But Sunday morning I kept waking up because they were painful.

Then about 3:45-3:50 I felt that "pop." I thought "Was that a good jab from Levi? Or was it my water?" (I remember the feeling and was pretty certain it was my water). So I got up, and sure enough there was the gush.

I tried to call my cell phone (which DH had), but it went straight to voicemail. Then as I was dialing my DH's supervisor's number, I hear DH's key in the door. I was standing at the door to meet him. I said "I just tried to call you." He said "Yeah, it just rang as I was putting my key in the door, and I turned it off, then realized it said "Home." Then I saw that all the lights are on." I said "My water just broke."

So we ate a snack and DH tried to get some rest. At 5am my contractions were 5 minutes apart, lasting 30 seconds to a minute. By 7am they were 3 minutes apart lasting over a minute. So we got ready to go.

When I got to the birthing center, it was about 8am. I was only dialated to 2cm. I said "Oh Betty, you're KIDDING ME! Only a 2?" She said "I would never kid about dialation. I had a feeling you couldn't be past a 3 because you came in here joking with your husband. You were in way too good a mood to be too far along."

So she had me walk around.

Then she tried to get my IV antibiotics in for my Group B Strep. She stuck me like 6times but my veins just kept rolling. My contractions were getting more painful, so she said "I want to get you in the tub, so I'm just going to give you the shot." So she gave me the GBS antibiotic shot instead of the IV.

Got in the tub.

Labored in the tub. At one point I thought I'd get up out of the tub, but the next contraction was just EXCRUCIATING! So I was like "Forget this!" and my preggo, laboring self stayed in that tub.

Levi Elijah was born at 11:02am. So I went from 2cm to birth in about 3 hours.

He is beautiful. He weighs 8lbs 2.5oz, 20" long, and his fat head is 13 3/4inches around.

The end of labor was really difficult because his head was so big. It really took me several pushes to deliver his head from the time he engaged my pelvis to the time he was born. But it ended up being a good thing. Since his head was so big, slow was better, as it gave my body time to stretch and I didn't tear like I would have had I had the energy to give a few monster pushes.

He has a tongue tie, that may or may not interfere with breast feeding.. it's JUST far enough forward to possibly be a problem..but he latched PERFECTLY the first time!

He has a slight heart murmer (hole in the heart) but Betty said that it sounds very small, and those frequently close within days if not hours. So if it's still there when he gets his check up with is pediatrician, then she (the pediatrician) will just keep an eye on it.

He looks a little bit like his daddy, and a little bit like Noah.

They waited to do all of his statistics, so I got to hold him alot before they did anything. I was offered an herbal bath with healing type herbs to help with swelling and sore muscles. And I was able to take him in with me, so I got to also give him his first bath. After we had some bonding and bath time, Betty came in and THEN did all the stuff they do to newborns.

We left the birthing center around 2pm and are now all home.

Overall I had exactly the birth experirence I had hoped for. The only thing that didn't go "according to plan" was that I DID end up getting the Nubain to help take the edge off of the pain. I got half a dose, then later got the other half. I'm glad I did though!

So, that's Levi's birth story.

Thanks for all of the well wishes! And thank you to the mama who posted over here for me after seeing my FB status!

Needless to say, we probably won't be making playgroup this week Maybe we will, I dunno.. I feel pretty good... we'll see!
God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!

Last edited by Michelle_M; 02-22-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #1410
twinmamamaven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Michelle- ahhh what a wonderful story!!! It was me that posted this morning, hope that was okay I sat here reading your story in labor jealousy! you had exactly what I would have wanted!! I am so happy for you! you did a great job! hope the tongue-tied doesn't hinder bf'ing, can you get the tongue clipped? my Jordan has/had a PDA (murmur) at birth, we do a follow up next week at Cook's to see if it is gone. hope he grows out of his soon! Glad all are well, rest up & enjoy your new baby!!