Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #181
rmneill
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

Hey mamas,
would any tarrant county moms be interested in me opening a store? it would be out of my home at first...i'm considering it.

p.s. im close to bryant irvin and i 20, southwest area!

Advertisement

Old 02-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #182
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmneill View Post
Hey mamas,
would any tarrant county moms be interested in me opening a store? it would be out of my home at first...i'm considering it.

i think Michelle was floating that same idea around. I think it would be great.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:45 AM   #183
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am too! My friend and i are opening up a etsy shop soon, and hopefully with the $$ that we make i can open an online store.....but we will see what happens.

I would totally be interested in the mean time!
Old 02-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #184
vmccal1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, that is exciting that so many of you are thinking about opening a store over here! Guess I'm gonna have to keep my job or think of another line of WAHM stuff! I'll be buy and I'm always promoting! Send me the new business cards to pass out :-)

Hey, did you all get my email with the contacts from our meeting in Dallas? I've only heard from two of you. Some emails where hard to read so they may not have reached you. Please let me know one way or the other. Thanks!

Last edited by vmccal1; 02-29-2008 at 04:55 PM.
vmccal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #185
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmneill View Post
Hey mamas,

I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to open a store, but unfortuneatly I don't have the start up capitol to do it right now

But I would totally support you! It'd be nice to have somwhere to shop without driving an hour away!

What brands are you thinking of carrying?

Michelle
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #186
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I took the plunge!!!!!!!!!

I placed my first order for diapers. I'm getting 12 BG OS, 6 Thirsties AIO's, 3 Thirsties Fab Fitteds, 4 Organic Caboose prefolds, and 4 Organic Caboose contours. 1 large wet bag for home, 1 smaller wet bag for outings, and a diaper sprayer.

If I REALLY like the Organic Caboose, then I'll buy more of those, if they are just "Ok" when compared to regular prefolds, then I'll buy regular prefolds.

I got some covers off of diaper swappers, and am getting 1 kissaluvs and cover from Craigslist.

Now I just need snappis. Anyone know where I can get some. It's rediculous because most of the websites charge flat shipping, and I don't want to pay $5.95 in shipping for a $2.00 item that weighs hardly anything.

I'm so excited though. My Organic Caboose packages will be shipping out to me on Monday, and my BG and Thirsties will be shipping out Tuesday.

I also got a great deal, the store where I bought my BG and Thirsties, she is giving me discount on a diaper sprayer AND a free large wet bag!!!!

I had looked at the Organic Caboose on a web site and it was like $38 for a 4pack (with a free snappi). I found some up for bid on Ebay and got them for $26.49 INCLUDING SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!! Has anybody tried them yet?

I'm so excited to FINALLY be getting started. The only thing that stinks though (ha,"stinks," no pun intended) is that My diapers won't be here till sometime next week, and I barely have enough disposables to get Christian through today,and Noah through tomorrow. So THIS STINKIN CLOSE and I have to go buy more diapers...ARGHHHHHH!!

The cool thing though, is when I was changing Christian's diaper today, he actually ASKED for his cloth diaper (I have one cloth fitted for him and like 4 or 5 pfs for Noah)! I couldn't believe it. How cool is that. I'm so glad that he likes them. I wasn't sure how he would react at first, but this is the second time when I"ve said "Ok, lay down for a diaper change." and his resonse has been to say "oth iper, oth iper!" How cool is that?

Ok, sorry this kindof turned into a ramble!

God bless,
Michelle
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #187
rmneill
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hi michelle! bet you are excited to get your purchases! that is so cute about christian! how old are your kiddos? where in fw are you??

im thinking of doing all the standard commercial brands: thirsties, imse, hh, swaddlebees, maybe kushies, etc. I'd carry detergents, slings, pouches, natural family planning, etc. Other ideas??
Old 03-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #188
stephaniebrookeh5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi from Arlington. Put me on that list

Stephanie
Old 03-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #189
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

where in arlington?

im off cooper, in central arlington
Old 03-01-2008, 08:57 PM   #190
ILoveZoeyStar
Registered Users

Not sure I ever called you Alice, but I can start now! Mama to 1 nursing 3.5 yr old with baby #2 due mid sept! I'll be needing newborn diapers soon! We're in west ftw close to ridgmar mall - I'd love to play with some mamas and kiddos close to where we are.
Spreadin' Love,
Tamara
ILoveZoeyStar is offline   Reply With Quote