Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #2001
Mommy2Zara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

Hey ladies, just a quick check in.
The weather is supposed to be good all week through Thursday. Any chance we can do a meet up this week? Maybe at a park or something?

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #2002
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

There is a La Leche League day out at Bicentennial park in Pantego (SW Arlington) on Wednesday at 11 if anyone wants to go
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #2003
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Zara View Post
Hey ladies, just a quick check in.
The weather is supposed to be good all week through Thursday. Any chance we can do a meet up this week? Maybe at a park or something?
Sounds like fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperaDiva View Post
There is a La Leche League day out at Bicentennial park in Pantego (SW Arlington) on Wednesday at 11 if anyone wants to go
I'm going to TRY to make it, I talked to Leta today. Christian has speech therapy at 11:30...so depending on when we finish with that, I'll call Leta to see if anybody is still there or if they are packing up. More than likely we won't make it, which makes me a little sad

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:27 AM   #2004
Mommy2Zara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
That sounds fun too Do you have to be a member or anything?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #2005
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Zara View Post
That sounds fun too Do you have to be a member or anything?
No, definitely not! You don't even have to be breastfeeding, we've have people come to meetings with formula (usually foster type situations and they've breastfed before, but still ).
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #2006
Mommy2Zara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
No, definitely not! You don't even have to be breastfeeding, we've have people come to meetings with formula (usually foster type situations and they've breastfed before, but still ).
ok, cool. I'll try to make it Wednesday then. Anyone else?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #2007
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd love to go to an LLL meeting, I've never been to one.

Oh, I was curious if anyone knows of a place that sells insulated shipping boxes locally? I have some BM that needs to be shipped to a mama out of state and I have no idea where I can get one. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #2008
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Levi had his 2 month check up today. The good news is that he looks healthy, and has gained a whole pound, and 1.5 inches since his appointment last month.

The not-so-good news is that the pediatrician is a little concerned about his over-all weight gain. When he was in for his first check-up at 2 days old, he was in the 50th percentile. When he went in for his 1 month check up, he had dropped to the 25th percentile. And today he was at the 10th percentile.

So she asked that I pump and bottle feed the rest of today and all of tomorrow, then call her tomorrow. She wants to see exactly how much he is eating, then we'll go from there. She said that it's possible that he is just a baby with a really high metabolism, especially considering how skinny Christian is.

So, of course I'm a little worried .

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #2009
Hokuao2003
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
Levi had his 2 month check up today. The good news is that he looks healthy, and has gained a whole pound, and 1.5 inches since his appointment last month.

The not-so-good news is that the pediatrician is a little concerned about his over-all weight gain. When he was in for his first check-up at 2 days old, he was in the 50th percentile. When he went in for his 1 month check up, he had dropped to the 25th percentile. And today he was at the 10th percentile.

So she asked that I pump and bottle feed the rest of today and all of tomorrow, then call her tomorrow. She wants to see exactly how much he is eating, then we'll go from there. She said that it's possible that he is just a baby with a really high metabolism, especially considering how skinny Christian is.

So, of course I'm a little worried .

God bless!

Michelle I TOTALLY understand what you are going through. I posted something similar to this in the last couple weeks. Beckett did the same with his weght gain and then between his last 2 appts actually LOST weight as in No weght gain and lost almost 5 oz! It's nerve wracking but I have just chalked it up to the fact that he is mobile and burning calories like crazy! Plus all my kiddos are just super skinny thanks to thier dad!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #2010
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokuao2003 View Post
Michelle I TOTALLY understand what you are going through. I posted something similar to this in the last couple weeks. Beckett did the same with his weght gain and then between his last 2 appts actually LOST weight as in No weght gain and lost almost 5 oz! It's nerve wracking but I have just chalked it up to the fact that he is mobile and burning calories like crazy! Plus all my kiddos are just super skinny thanks to thier dad!
Thanks. She said that he has baby fat, and does not LOOK underfed. Everything ele is A-OK and healthy...so, we'll see. I forgot to ask when his next check up should be. I have to call Thursday (I accidentally typed "tomorrow" but the office is closed on Wednesdays) with the times and amounts of Levi's feeds... so I'll just ask then when I should bring him in next.

The WIC office told me that their main office (somewhere off of I-350) has a pretty sensative scale for babies, and I was told that I could make an apointment and go in, weight him, nurse him, then weigh him agian o see who much he eats when he nurses.

I'm just already tired of the "feed then pump then feed" routine. I'm a little concerned that I'll loose some of my supply, since a pump isn't as efficient as a baby..but I can't buy any fenugreek or brewers yeast until Friday.

Anyway, thanks for responding.

God bless!