Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #3331
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbeana View Post
I was hoping for pockets or something lol. I'm not sure about those because I don't have the skinny FOE that you need for the gussets or leg.
ok thanks

God bless

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:35 AM   #3332
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
ok thanks

God bless
Sorry Michelle
Old 03-18-2011, 12:36 AM   #3333
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullabal98 View Post
I am also IDSO elastic repair for goodmamas. lmk if you can do these, pleeeeeease!
Are yours serged or turned & top stitched?
Old 03-18-2011, 05:23 AM   #3334
Mami4Life
Registered Users
seller

Hello everyone! Haven't been by here in a bit.

Does anyone have any suggestions for AIOs? I'm trying to switch from pockets to AIOs other than a few pockets. I found a pampered bunz AIO and really like it but can't seem to find anymore. Also looking for some lil joeys for a friend.

So how has everyone been? It's been hectic over here and I'm still on the search for a new job. Might have to search for a Saturday babysitter soon as well just to get into a job, no one wants to hire when you can't work Saturdays.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #3335
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbeana View Post
Are yours serged or turned & top stitched?
I have both. Mostly serged. I don't even care if the serging looks wonky afterwards as long as they function. I'm a user, not a collector, and I doubt my gm's will sell for much if any when I am done with them.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #3336
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami4Life View Post
Hello everyone! Haven't been by here in a bit.

Does anyone have any suggestions for AIOs? I'm trying to switch from pockets to AIOs other than a few pockets. I found a pampered bunz AIO and really like it but can't seem to find anymore. Also looking for some lil joeys for a friend.

So how has everyone been? It's been hectic over here and I'm still on the search for a new job. Might have to search for a Saturday babysitter soon as well just to get into a job, no one wants to hire when you can't work Saturdays.
I'm not a super big fan of AIO's because of the drying time. I haven't used any in 2 years, but when I had a few I liked the Thirsties the best. They also have a pocket so you can stuff them for even more absorbancy (like nights). I didn't like swaddlebees at all. Pampered Bunz was re-named after an ugly battle with Pampers diapers over the name "pampered bunz". Ridiculous that they went after a small, wahm business but they did! One more reason I despise Pampers. I can't remember the new WAHM name, sorry. I had an AI2 from her that I loved.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #3337
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey everybody, it's been a while since I've done an "update on my life" post. So I figured I'd take a moment while dinner is cooling off...

Husband is still in school, he graduates the first week in July. I can't believe it's been 9 months already. Wow. Time flies. His school (Lincoln Tech) had a job fair today, and one of the company representatives there was REALLY interested in him. He asked DH to bring him a copy of his transcript, then asked if DH could interview right then. DH told him that he had an errand to run for me after school, and the rep asked him if he could come in later in the evening, so DH did.

The guy told DH "I'm not going to put you in my system right now, because then they will want to snag you up right now. Unless you want to leave school to start working immediately?" DH said "No!" The guy said "Right answer!!!" He told DH that he was going to be creating a database in his companies website specifically for the prospects that are still in school, which would include their contact info and graduation date. He gave DH his personal cell phone number and said "If you haven't heard from us by the first week in June, give us a call so we can talk about starting your paperwork and drug screen."

So, it seems like there is a HUGE chance DH will walk straight into a job after graduation. And sweetening the pot even farther, this company has offices in Oklahoma, Tennesee and Arkansas, all which are closer to where our family lives (Missouri) than what we are now. And to top it off, they help pay for relocation costs.

He had another job offer, from a company that wanted him to switch to night classes and come work for them NOW. They pay a sign on bonus that gets paid out in 4 dispersments. However, they are only hiring locally, and it's less pay and less benefits than the other job. So after discussing pros and cons of both situations, we agreed to hold out and cross our fingers that he'll get hired on at the first company before he graduates.

We had an icky stomach bug at our house for a few weeks. I had AT LEAST 2 sick kids at a time, all three of them at one point in the middle. Thankfully DH and I only had it mildly.

And my mom and step dad are coming for a visit. They'll be here Sunday night. My 5 yr old is super excited, as am I. And DH's boss is going to let him take Thursday-Sunday off of work so that he can hang out with them as well. DH will be going with Dad to watch Dad play in a golf tournament on Saturday of next week, and my mom will go with me to DS1's very first tee-ball game.

And mom and I are going to a museum. She's in an art class and has to tour a museum and write papers on several different art pieces... her favorite, her least favorite, one that she likes but wouldn't have in her home... that kind of thing. And since she lives in "No-where USA" this is an awesome opportunity for her to go to a "better" museum than what she has available to her there. Oh, and they want to baby sit the kids so DH and I can go on a date.. AND give us the money to pay for it!!!!

Ok... wow, that was kinda long...sorry. If you got that far. Thanks

Oh, and I became a Stampin' Up demonstrator... link to my website is in my siggy if anyone wants to investigate.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #3338
Mami4Life
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullabal98 View Post
I'm not a super big fan of AIO's because of the drying time. I haven't used any in 2 years, but when I had a few I liked the Thirsties the best. They also have a pocket so you can stuff them for even more absorbancy (like nights). I didn't like swaddlebees at all. Pampered Bunz was re-named after an ugly battle with Pampers diapers over the name "pampered bunz". Ridiculous that they went after a small, wahm business but they did! One more reason I despise Pampers. I can't remember the new WAHM name, sorry. I had an AI2 from her that I loved.
The mother I bought it from said pampered (doodle) bunz so I was assuming that was the name but the website with either name did not work for me. I actually really liked them. I don't mind the drying as I already have to run my dryer at least twice to dry my diapers since I Don't have anywhere to hang dry or the time to do so at 8 at night. But stuffing pockets takes so much time at 11 at night. I have a thirsties AIO as well and do not like it as much because of the pocket. I have pockets and I have AI2s and I have prefolds and I have a couple AIOs. I don't want all AIOs. Just for daycare use. But trying to find what else is out there in terms of AIOs.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #3339
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Thirsties AIOs. They aren't making them anymore though, so you can only get them usd. I just got sme of the Duo Diapers. They work well, and it's nice that the insert comes out in the washer so I don't have to pull dirty inserts out of a dirty diaper before tossing them into my wetbag. However, they just aren't as trim fitting as the AIOs are.

I've had mine for over three years. Some of them have had the velcros replaced, but other than that, they are still going strong on their third little butt!!!

The ones that I need elastic repaired on came to me from another mama, and are not V2's (they were the origonal version). But as for the ones I bought new, and the V2's that I bought from the FSOT for my smallest one..they are awesome. And even though my husband has learned how to do a prefold and knows what pockets and fitteds are.. he still always reaches for a Thirsties AIO first (unless I have some of my Duo Diapers of BGs pre-stuffed in the closet).

Green Acre Design makes a good AIO, but unless she's changed the design since I last purchased one (about 2 years ago).. it was pretty bulky compared to my Thirsties AIOs.

God bless!

Old 03-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #3340
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh wow, Michelle, that sounds awesome for your DH!
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote