Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #3431
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shweebies View Post
Is there more than one babywearing group in the DFW area? I went to one meeting a year or so ago.
There is. There's one in Fort Worth and there's also one in the Allen/Frisco/McKinney area. The one you went to a year ago was probably the "big" DFW group, but it hasn't had a meeting in several months. I'm not sure how often the other groups meet, either, but both of them have Facebook pages.

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #3432
shweebies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ah, well the big group was awful. I was totally turned off by the snobbishness and unwelcoming feeling of that group. Especially when someone drive 100 miles one way to attend. Sorry, I am still bitter.

I would love to go to a meeting. I live quite a bit south of DFW, but would love to have the opportunity to meet fellow babywearing mamas. I will look out for when you have a garland meeting. That would be the easiest drive for me. Are you on TBW?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #3433
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ah, well the big group was awful. I was totally turned off by the snobbishness and unwelcoming feeling of that group. Especially when someone drive 100 miles one way to attend. Sorry, I am still bitter.

I would love to go to a meeting. I live quite a bit south of DFW, but would love to have the opportunity to meet fellow babywearing mamas. I will look out for when you have a garland meeting. That would be the easiest drive for me. Are you on TBW?
I can understand your feelings and definitely don't want my group to be cliquey or anything. I am on TBW (Andrea on there) and our next meeting will be this Saturday morning at the playground in Firewheel Mall (Firewheel is at the west corner of the intersection of George Bush and 78 and the playground is on the west end of the mall near the fountain).
Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #3434
shweebies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I wish I could come this Sat. We have a horse drawn carriage company and are hired to do a wedding on Sat. But I will definitely watch for future meetings. So glad that a new group is coming together to welcome and educate babywearing. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #3435
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Oh, I wish I could come this Sat. We have a horse drawn carriage company and are hired to do a wedding on Sat. But I will definitely watch for future meetings. So glad that a new group is coming together to welcome and educate babywearing. Thanks!
Ah, sorry we'll miss you. The next meeting after this one will be June 2nd, same time, same place. Maybe we'll see you then. I linked you to the Facebook page if you want to stay caught up on meetings there, in this other quoted post. I'll still update this thread for another month or so as well, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I set up a page for the babywearing group I started. Next meeting is this Saturday, Firewheel mall play playplace, 10-12. You can see the Facebook page here.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #3436
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:

Any Arlington mamas wanna get together soon? I might post a separate thread but since there are quite a few of us I thought it would be nice, especially with summer coming up.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #3437
iluvmyortiz1122
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodie.yarnie.mommie. View Post
Any Arlington mamas wanna get together soon? I might post a separate thread but since there are quite a few of us I thought it would be nice, especially with summer coming up.

I probably can't until DD makes her arrival

iluvmyortiz1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #3438
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmyortiz1122 View Post
I probably can't until DD makes her arrival
Oh my goodness yes, I was lurking in the knitters thread the other day and saw you were having contractions!! Glad you and baby are doing okay!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #3439
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodie.yarnie.mommie. View Post
yes, please! I'm in Mansfield but close enough
Old 05-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #3440
Casie629
Registered Users
seller

I would love an Arlington get together!!

There is a DFW cloth diaper group meetup tomorrow morning at the Parks mall in Arlington. They had one today too. I plan to go if any of you want to join me! I think it is at 10:30.
Casie629 is offline   Reply With Quote