Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #3831
itsajoi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

Do you ladies know of any cloth diaper stores in the area? I'm here visiting and I need some CJ's! lol

Advertisement

Old 10-14-2011, 07:48 AM   #3832
Casie629
Registered Users
seller

We actually have a ton! Here is a list: http://www.dfwclothdiapergroup.com/local-cd-shops.html
Casie629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #3833
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sarah,
It was a lot of fun. We definitely need to do that again sometime soon, AND yes, need to do a play date!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #3834
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just wanted to share that I am participating in an Open House today. There will be lots of vendors there with something for everyone. Door prizes every 30 minutes and yummy food & bellinis. Details are on my facebook page if you want to come. It's in north/west Arlington. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #3835
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have really started to learn the benefits of raw milk. The closest dairies to Arlington that sell raw milk are an hour to an hour and a half away.

I would like to get a co-op started for raw milk, where we would take turns driving out to the farm to pick up the milk. We would charge a small co-op fee to help the driver cover the gas.

I figured it could be a once a week or once every two weeks thing, depending on the response and the needs.

Is anyone interested?

Also, for the home-schoolers.... the dairy farmer I talked to said he would welcome a home-school field trip where the kids could actually take a turn at milking the cows. So if anyone is interested in that, let me know as well.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #3836
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

Michelle, the organic produce co-op I use also picks up raw milk and raw milk cheese. They are the absolute best quality from cows that have only been fed grass, you have to be super picky about who you buy from when it's raw! Let me know if you want the name of the co-op and contact info, anyone else interested can PM me too
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #3837
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleece Be With You View Post
Michelle, the organic produce co-op I use also picks up raw milk and raw milk cheese. They are the absolute best quality from cows that have only been fed grass, you have to be super picky about who you buy from when it's raw! Let me know if you want the name of the co-op and contact info, anyone else interested can PM me too
That's awesome! Please PM me the info.

The dairy from which I bought my current raw milk grass feeds their cows, and they have a permit from the the health department so are inspected on a regular basis. And the milk is so good! But hey, if I don't have to drive an hour and a half.. that's awesome!

God bless!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #3838
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:

hi ladies! Oct is nuts for us and it's not slowing down Hope everyone is doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleece Be With You View Post
oooh, me for sure! We do an organic produce co-op and I think they do the other stuff, but for some reason transport always worries me. I'm a nervous nellie I guess. I drive to Plano to get raw milk when we can afford it, we've always had a good experience with Lucky Layla.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #3839
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So I have heard back from 3 people I know who are interested in being part of the raw milk co-op. So that's definitely underway if anyone else wants in on it. Let me know. The milk is $4.00 a gallon. It is from Dry Valley Dairy. www.dryvalleydairy.com in case anyone wants to go check it out.

I also have access to grass fed beef and pork, pasture raised chickens and pastured eggs.

Anyone interested can PM me to get in on the action.

God bless!

Old 10-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #3840
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally need to check in here more! (I keep forgetting........ ) But I just wanted to stop by and say HEY! I pray everyone is doing well!

I've never had raw milk.... and I know I live nearby some farms.. I have yet to look into the benefits. I'm all over grass fed beef, YUM! (but I guess I'm a cheater and get it from whole foods ) what are some benefits of raw milk?? I've been thinking about placing DD on raw goat's milk after she's a year so thats the only kind I've looked at... never cows milk