Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #3921
Casie629
Registered Users
seller

You could look on meetup.com for a play group. I am in one in Arlington and they offer several evening and weekend play dates for working moms.

Advertisement

Casie629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #3922
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

Does anyone here have CHIP insurance for their kiddos? My oldest was just approved and I have to choose a health plan. I have three insurance companies to choose from Aetna, Cooks Chidlrens Health Plan, and Amerigroup.

When I had pregnant Medicaid I had Amerigroup and had no problems with it. When C was on Medicaid he had Cooks Childrens (and that's what my two younger have). The nice thing about Aetna is that the home visit nurse/doctor (heard about them on the radio) accept Aetna, so if we had the ickies I wouldn't have to take the kids to the doctor, I could have them come to me.

My old pediatrician (that I LOVED but had to leave when we lost our private insurance) takes CHIP. I KNOW she doesn't take Cooks Chidlrens Health Plan. I'm waiting for a call back to find out which of the other two they take....but also I have to decide.. go back to her for my oldest since I love her.. or just let him see the same doctor that the other two see.

Thoughts?

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #3923
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have Aetna and they do not approve ANYTHING with speech therapy. Just so you know
Old 11-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #3924
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullabal98 View Post
We have Aetna and they do not approve ANYTHING with speech therapy. Just so you know
My oldest is actually done with speech therapy so that's not an issue. But our speech therapist said that everyone he knows who has Aetna is NOT happy with it.

I found out that the pediatrician that I love actually takes the Cooks Children's Health plan for CHIP. And since I've had the Cooks Children's plan with Medicaid of the last year or so with no problems, I'll go with Cooks.

God bless,
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #3925
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:

Happy Pre Thanksgiving ladies!! Anyone packing up and going out of town? We are going to Daingerfield to see my mom and dad til Saturday. (Thats a itty bitty town about 30 minutes from Mt Pleasant). I gotta get out of the city.......getting claustrophobic!!!
Should I take cloth diapers (and my detergent since I will have to wash them) and risk getting them screwed up with different water, machine residue, etc or should I just take my 7th generation sposies? Im totally at a loss. I need to be saving $$$ as much as possible since Im not working hardly at all......but I dont want to mess them up. Gar!!! What would yall do??
Old 11-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #3926
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
Happy Pre Thanksgiving ladies!! Anyone packing up and going out of town? We are going to Daingerfield to see my mom and dad til Saturday. (Thats a itty bitty town about 30 minutes from Mt Pleasant). I gotta get out of the city.......getting claustrophobic!!!
Should I take cloth diapers (and my detergent since I will have to wash them) and risk getting them screwed up with different water, machine residue, etc or should I just take my 7th generation sposies? Im totally at a loss. I need to be saving $$$ as much as possible since Im not working hardly at all......but I dont want to mess them up. Gar!!! What would yall do??
Happy pre-Thanksgiving to you too.

We are not going out of town. I wish we COULD go visit my family. We are going over to a friend's house for Thanksgiving. I'm making a pumpkin cheesecake with almond flour crust to take with me.

Cloth diapers.. take them if you want to. Just clean out the washing machine residue with your cloth diaper detergent before washing (hot water, your soap, and a load of towels/rags) before you wash them. Then just wash as normal.

If you're really worried, just take mostly prefolds (if you use them) those things can handle almost anything. Very resilient diapers. LOL

Have fun and drive safe!

God bless!

Old 11-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #3927
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can anyone recommend an auto body shop that does good work for a reasonable price?

A large tree branch fell on my car and damaged the hood. The stinky thing is that we had JUST parked... my husband had just shut the driver's side door, heard the "crack" looked up and yelled "NO!" as the branch came crashing down!

The praise to God in it.... The branch fell where my 4 yr old normally stands after he gets out of the car. He wasn't standing in his "usual" spot when the branch came crashing down. If he had been, he could have been seriously injured. So I feel very blessed and grateful that he deviated from his normal routine for some reason!!!

I went and got the apartment management (a leasing agent and the son of one of the owners) and let them see it. Then two of the owners came over and looked at the damage. One guy said "It's ok, small damage, you can fix real easy." The OTHER guy, assured my husband that they would take care of it.

So I guess Monday will be spent driving to a few places to get estimates. I took pictures and called my insurance company. I'm not filing a claim with them yet, as our deductible is $500 and DH doesn't think that the repair cost will be that high, AND the owner said that they will take care of it.... but I called our insurance claims office anyway to report the damage, so that the incident is on record.... cover your butt.. KWIM?

Anyway.... I know of one place I'll go. The guy is nice and he found us a new bumper for our car at a REALLY reduced price. We only paid for the part since DH took the bumper to school to let them put it on the car for us (it was free). So since that guy was so nice and helpful KNOWING that he wasn't going to make any money off of the sale, I will go see what his estimate is.

Anyway.. any other suggestions on places to go. I'd like to get 3 to 4 estimates so that the owners can see that I'm not just trying to go to the most expensive place. Ya know?

God bless!

Old 11-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #3928
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My pastor has a bag of kid's clothing and shoes to give away. He is going to take them to Goodwill, Salvation Army or Mission Arlington if no one needs them. I have taken a few things that will fit my 4 yr old, but there are many items left.

Size 4 Slim boys pants. 3 or four pairs of jeans that in very good condition, and about 4 pairs with holes in the knees for play pants. There are some pajama pants, and 4 or 5 boys action dress up outfits (one piece outfits that are spiderman, iron man, batman, etc..). There are a few dress shirts and tee shirts. A few pairs of size 2t-3t underwear.

Please let me know if anyone is interested so that I can let him know.

Oh, there are some brown slip on shoes size 11, some brown regular shoes, and a pair of boots (they look kind of like men's work boots, but in a kid's size).

God bless!

Old 11-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #3929
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MIchelle, so glad your ds is okay. Two places I would recommend for estimates: Jerry's on S. Cooper near Hardisty (S. Arlington) and the Christian Brothers Automotive on Matlock near Sublett (also S. Arlington)

Good luck!!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #3930
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kid's clothes are pending pick up.

God bless!