Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #3971
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

Im trying to purge my house......whats everyone else up to today??

Sad news......me and Avery got into a wreck on Thursday. We are fine but Im sure my van is totaled. Hoping to hear the verdict today. We took it to service king. They said the preliminary estimate was 8200. (YOUCH!!) But that is before they take it apart and look at the mechanics of it. It is a 2007 with high miles. I kinda hope they total it because 8200 is A LOT and it will never be the same. KWIM? Anyway. Oh and I had JUST filled up too! Gar!! At least DD was ok!!

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #3972
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
Im trying to purge my house......whats everyone else up to today??

Sad news......me and Avery got into a wreck on Thursday. We are fine but Im sure my van is totaled. Hoping to hear the verdict today. We took it to service king. They said the preliminary estimate was 8200. (YOUCH!!) But that is before they take it apart and look at the mechanics of it. It is a 2007 with high miles. I kinda hope they total it because 8200 is A LOT and it will never be the same. KWIM? Anyway. Oh and I had JUST filled up too! Gar!! At least DD was ok!!
they will take that into account when they do the estimate. Also was it your fault?
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #3973
bluecandi
seller

My Mood:

It shouldnt be. I had a green and a clear intersection. She said she thought she had green but the sun was in her eyes. Either way I hit her. Hoping for the best.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #3974
bluecandi
seller

My Mood:

OK so they are totaling my van. Now is supposed to be the best time to buy......who has the best deals?? Thanks ladies!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #3975
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
OK so they are totaling my van. Now is supposed to be the best time to buy......who has the best deals?? Thanks ladies!!!
have you already gotten the settlement offer? Also make sure they are replacing ALL your car seats (even the ones that weren't in use).

what are you looking for cash vehicle or downpmt? Do you want another van?
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #3976
bluecandi
seller

My Mood:

I dont know.....that is just what they said they are giving for my car.

I am wanting a tahoe/yukon or maybe a suburban. Could pay cash for an older model that is in good shape. My financing limit is about 12-15k.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #3977
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

candi, I love our suv way more than my minivan. however, they are such gas-guzzlers! just wanted to point that out. Do you need the tow capability? would gently suggest something else if you don't. we bought our trailblazer (no longer made) from vandergriff chevrolet near the Parks mall and our minivan from carmax. so far, vandergriff has way better service with their repairs and warranty than carmax. just my experience!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #3978
bluecandi
seller

My Mood:

Cynthia, you are right they are total gas pigs. Im kind of torn between van or suv. Towing and the ability to hop a curb would be fantastic. However....that burb has a 30 gal tank Eep!! We want at least 1 more baby so a tgird row is mandatory. Most of the cash cars we have been looking at are tahoe/yukons. No payment is a Big Pull what with doing DR. I just havent seen that many cash minivans.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #3979
judeabug
Registered Users
seller

We have a Buick Randezvous (sp?) that we bought used and paid cash for. It has a fold down third row, which is perfect for us. We have two kiddos in car seats, but I wanted enough room to carry other people in case we needed to transport friends or had more kiddos eventually. I did the research on the gas mileage when we looked into buying it, so I remember it having pretty good gas mileage...I just can't remember the numbers at the moment.

We waffled for quite awhile on an SUV vs. minivan, and the Randezvous is a good mid-step for us!

WAHM behind Serwa Chic:Cloth Diapers, Nursing Covers, Wetbags & Long Sleeve Bibs!My Family Blog: Jenny.erally Speak.ing
judeabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #3980
iluvmyortiz1122
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Candice, you can bargain for your total check. My uncle just totaled his truck and he ended up getting 2k more than he planned because he did research and just talked with them over it. He used autotrader and newspapers for his research.

iluvmyortiz1122 is offline   Reply With Quote