Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #4311
eva_luvs_dave
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

I'm from Springtown.....nw of ft worth

Advertisement

eva_luvs_dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #4312
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Hi Eva!! Im Candice. I live in Grand Prairie.
So is it Eeeeva or Ehhva??
My oldest is Eeeva.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #4313
eva_luvs_dave
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Either way but most ppl say Eeeva

So cool your dds name is the same!! You don't ever really hear it!
eva_luvs_dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #4314
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva_luvs_dave View Post
I'm from Springtown.....nw of ft worth
hi, im not on much - but i live in Everman (between fort worth and arlington off I20)
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #4315
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If anyone is looking for a pediatrician in the Arlington area...

I have found an awesome one! There is a pediatrician's office on 360 at Mayfield (behind the Starbucks). It's called Rainbow Children's Clinic. We see the Nurse Practitioner Candice and she's FABULOUS!

They take Medicaid and Chip. Candice will support your vaccine choices....whether you chose to fully vax "on schdule," selective or delay vax, or are a non-vaxing family. She thinks breast feeding is great, but realizes that some families prefer/need formula. She basically doesn't push her opinion onto your parenting choices. As long as your child is healthy, she doesn't care how you raise him! Of course she's a stickler about the "early food no-no's" like.. no honey, peanut butter or berries the first year... but other than that.. as long as your child is growing on his/her curve and gaining weight properly, and you're not doing anything to endanger them, she doesn't care about your parenting style and will support your choices.

And it's clear that she's in the profession because she loves the kids. My 4yo DS asked her today "Do you have any children?" And she said "Nope, all of you are my children and I love each one of you dearly!" She even let them all listen to their own hearts on her stethoscope. I said "Thanks for playing with them. They have a doctor kit at home and are always playing doctor with each other." She said "Hey, if it helps encourage just one kid become a doctor, I'll be thrilled."

Oh, and we've had great timing. My first appointment was at 9am. We were seen, and in the car DRIVING HOME by 10am. Today, our appointment was at 8:20am. I was in the car driving to our next errand at 9:15!!!! I've NEVER been in and out of a pediatrics office so quickly, and this was twice in a row! Granted, today I was her first appointment of the day... but our appointment two weeks ago was at 9am and I was STILL in there for less than an hour.

And I love that they have two SEPARATE entrances for well children and sick children!!! Not just two waiting areas.. but COMPLETELY SEPARATE ENTRANCES!

I found this clinic by accident, and it was jut "luck of the draw" that our appointment was scheduled with her 2 weeks ago. I actually called and told them that I want her EVERY TIME I have to come in.

So.. just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone was looking for a new pediatrician.

Oh, and they have a pharmacy RIGHT NEXT DOOR (I'm not exagerating.. it's the next door down in the strip offices). When I needed a prescription, it was 5 minutes from the time Candice told me she was calling it in, until the time I walked into the pharmacy, and my order was already completed and I was in there 2 minutes max to pick it up and pay!!!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!

Last edited by Michelle_M; 06-15-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #4316
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Michelle, that is great. I hope we find a new pedi that is as awesome as this place.

We made an offer on another house today. (The first house/offer was a short sale that isn't going through due to paperwork problems). It is a LOT more money than I wanted to spend, but it basically our perfect home. Culdesac, ideal neighborhood/schools, young families, good floorplan, nice upgrades, etc. I pray it goes through smoothly and would appreciate any prayers y'all could offer too. We move in one week. Planning to live with my parents until we close on our own home, which hopefully will be less than a month. We'll be in Tomball, which is on the NW side of Houston. It's a growing area similar to where we live now (Mansfield).
Old 06-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #4317
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullabal98 View Post
Michelle, that is great. I hope we find a new pedi that is as awesome as this place.

We made an offer on another house today. (The first house/offer was a short sale that isn't going through due to paperwork problems). It is a LOT more money than I wanted to spend, but it basically our perfect home. Culdesac, ideal neighborhood/schools, young families, good floorplan, nice upgrades, etc. I pray it goes through smoothly and would appreciate any prayers y'all could offer too. We move in one week. Planning to live with my parents until we close on our own home, which hopefully will be less than a month. We'll be in Tomball, which is on the NW side of Houston. It's a growing area similar to where we live now (Mansfield).
It's so great that you found a PERFECT house!
Will definitely be praying for you!

We're hoping to be in a position to buy sometime next year!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #4318
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi everyone, any Frisco CD mamas out there? I have a 3-yr old DD and 6 week old DD.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #4319
MacyKM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb
Hi everyone, any Frisco CD mamas out there? I have a 3-yr old DD and 6 week old DD.
I'm in Celina!! I have a 17 mo old and a 3 week old!

For Custom Embroidery- It's Sew Macy
MacyKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #4320
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies... does anyone use baby food? I'm needing small baby food jars.

God bless!