Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #4411
pumpkinseeds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokuao2003 View Post
Hey all!! Sorry for the huge gap in posting here but I thought I'd update y'all. We had our baby. Our team green baby was a girl. Much to our surprise. We had a feeling it was a boy!! What a pleasant surprise. We named her Brielle. She was 6lbs 8oz and 20 1/4" long. She is a little over 3 weeks old now. We had our first unmedicated natural birth. Also our first out of hospital birth. It was super fast (2 1/2 hours from 1st contraction to her being born) but it was amazing!! Thought I would update y'all now that I'm feeling semi normal again!!
congrats! we're hoping to try again this fall.. and hoping for a girl. (but we'll probably get a 4th boy! )

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #4412
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokuao2003
Hey all!! Sorry for the huge gap in posting here but I thought I'd update y'all. We had our baby. Our team green baby was a girl. Much to our surprise. We had a feeling it was a boy!! What a pleasant surprise. We named her Brielle. She was 6lbs 8oz and 20 1/4" long. She is a little over 3 weeks old now. We had our first unmedicated natural birth. Also our first out of hospital birth. It was super fast (2 1/2 hours from 1st contraction to her being born) but it was amazing!! Thought I would update y'all now that I'm feeling semi normal again!!
CONGRATS!!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #4413
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
That is amazingly awesome news!!!! Congrats mama. When are we going to have a "DS meet the baby" play date?!??!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #4414
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok.. so I'm having this weird feeling that my baby is going to come early. If I don't make it to 37 weeks, I can't go to my birth center.

On the chance that I go into labor before 37 weeks, what hospitals do y'all recommend. I live in North Arlington, so nothing SUPER far away...

GO!!!!!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #4415
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M
Ok.. so I'm having this weird feeling that my baby is going to come early. If I don't make it to 37 weeks, I can't go to my birth center.

On the chance that I go into labor before 37 weeks, what hospitals do y'all recommend. I live in North Arlington, so nothing SUPER far away...

GO!!!!!

God bless!
Arlington Memorial is closest to you. I had E there. Its nice (as far as hospitals go heheh.....I know you know what I mean!!) Just bring a white noise machine. I had the most awful time trying to sleep.....my room made funny noises!!

But.......thats not gonna happen cuz we are all going to thonk happy thoughts, right???
Old 08-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #4416
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinseeds View Post
congrats! we're hoping to try again this fall.. and hoping for a girl. (but we'll probably get a 4th boy! )
I had 3 boys, and this baby is my girl! There is still hope! LOL

God bless!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #4417
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
Arlington Memorial is closest to you. I had E there. Its nice (as far as hospitals go heheh.....I know you know what I mean!!) Just bring a white noise machine. I had the most awful time trying to sleep.....my room made funny noises!!

But.......thats not gonna happen cuz we are all going to thonk happy thoughts, right???
Thanks. It IS super close to me, but I hadn't heard from anyone who delivered there. It's where I went when I thought I was having pre-term labor with DS3. The nurse and doctors were very nice.

I've heard good things about Harris Methodist in Fort Worth. So wondering if it's worth the extra driver, or if it's better to stay close to home.

God bless!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #4418
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M

GO!!!!!

God bless!
Well, it's a little far away, but Baylor Frisco is borderline crunchy...
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #4419
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casie629 View Post
Hey mamas!!! Where is everyone lately???

There are several of us on here in the Arlington area who have met up and several Arlington mamas on the DFW CD group on facebook too, so I started a group so we can try and coordinate playdates and such.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/458727944160932/
Just put in a request
Old 08-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #4420
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Congratulations!