Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #41
courtney_adkins05
Registered Users
seller

Re: DFW mamas

i have a few replies but i am really bad at the quotes

i am a member of dfwareamoms

for those of you with kiddos with multiple allergies my friends mom owns a store called delicious n fit in plano that is made specifically for people with celiacs disease...they have sweets, pizza, chicken nuggets...all kids of stuff.

the owner is a super nice lady who's son is a good friend of my brothers. i actually told someone on dfwareamoms about it and she got a ton of business from it. she does ship so you wouldnt have to go to plano

Advertisement

courtney_adkins05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #42
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney_adkins05 View Post

for those of you with kiddos with multiple allergies my friends mom owns a store called delicious n fit in plano that is made specifically for people with celiacs disease...they have sweets, pizza, chicken nuggets...all kids of stuff.

the owner is a super nice lady who's son is a good friend of my brothers. i actually told someone on dfwareamoms about it and she got a ton of business from it. she does ship so you wouldnt have to go to plano
Hm...does she have stuff for milk/soy allergies too?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #43
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
Yeah we have been going to a GI for 9 months now, and they really haven't done much!

We had a GI done a few months ago, and an MRI too, and now its just a wait and see game. WHo is your GI?
Dr. Barth at Children's in Dallas. I LOVE HIM; he actually listens to you and talks to you instead of AT you. He doesn't like doing procedures on babies if he can help it; but Daniel is starting to have reactions to foods that he used to not; and is also refusing his formula. We had originally gone to a GI doc at Cooks, but he just wasn't personal and actual put Daniel on a reflux med that had milk in it!

Last edited by eragsdale; 02-04-2008 at 01:04 PM. Reason: add more
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #44
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragsdale View Post
Dr. Barth at Children's in Dallas. I LOVE HIM; he actually listens to you and talks to you instead of AT you. We had originally gone to a GI doc at Cooks, but he just wasn't personal and actual put Daniel on a reflux med that had milk in it!
Yeha we were going to Dr. Ogomala (sp?) and were only seeing the NP, and after 3 months of no change, we left and now see Dr. Russo at Childrens. What a huge diffrence!

What reactions does your son have? Maddie gets really really bad bloody poop (sorry it thats TMI lol)
Old 02-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #45
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yeha we were going to Dr. Ogomala (sp?) and were only seeing the NP, and after 3 months of no change, we left and now see Dr. Russo at Childrens. What a huge diffrence!

What reactions does your son have? Maddie gets really really bad bloody poop (sorry it thats TMI lol)
hey that was who we were seeing also

Daniel has luckly had the same reaction to each of the things that he has an intolerance to; really bad rash on checks, anal area, and also screams bloody murder about 30min afterwards; and if we are really lucky we get a very thick mucos episode about 1hr later or even a few minutes depending on the food/ how much.

oh and about the poo question; doesn't it become second nature to "investigate" each bm that they have. So definity not TMI for me. We actually have "laughable" conversations with Dr. Barth about them.

Last edited by eragsdale; 02-04-2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: language correction
Old 02-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #46
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney_adkins05 View Post

does she have a web-site? delicious n fit
Old 02-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #47
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://www.delicious-n-fit.com/
Old 02-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #48
vmccal1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good Morning! I'm in West Fort Worth. I't nice to know of others in the area. I'd love to meet with others too :-).

I've got a mama in Irving with her 2nd due in April that is looking to CD. Anyone in that area to share experiences with? I know I wish I had seen different diapers before I started. Actually, I'd still like to see different ones. My experience has been limited to Fuzzi Bunz and Motherease.
vmccal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #49
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmccal1 View Post
Good Morning! I'm in West Fort Worth. I't nice to know of others in the area. I'd love to meet with others too :-).

I've got a mama in Irving with her 2nd due in April that is looking to CD. Anyone in that area to share experiences with? I know I wish I had seen different diapers before I started. Actually, I'd still like to see different ones. My experience has been limited to Fuzzi Bunz and Motherease.
Try Brees Bums in Richardson, she has a pretty good selection.

Also there is a place called Babies Bottoms and More but they are moving and have yet to say when they will be reopening.

Here:
http://www.breesbums.com/

http://www.babiesbottomsandmore.com/index.html
Old 02-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #50
vmccal1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Try Brees Bums in Richardson, she has a pretty good selection.

Also there is a place called Babies Bottoms and More but they are moving and have yet to say when they will be reopening.

Here:
http://www.breesbums.com/

http://www.babiesbottomsandmore.com/index.html
Thanks a bunch! They now show the new address at the bottom of the opening web page.
vmccal1 is offline   Reply With Quote