Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #61
stefani
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aromaverde View Post
I'm in Rockwall and I'd LOVE to get together with other CDing mamas!
Very cool! I'm in Rockwall too! I just found this board (obviously from my post count! ). Good to know that there's some of you around here!

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #62
vmccal1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
Oh cool! I didn;t see that! Wow her site is all new too!

Wow, Febuary 9th eh? Oh no, it looks like we will be on a diper splurge this week! lol!

Maybe we can all meet up there on her grand opening?
I spoke with Diana at Baby Bottoms and More today. What a sweet lady. I'm looking forward to meeting her and seeing her store.

She said she will probably be at the store tomorrow but everything is still in boxes. The Monday after next is when she is pushing to be ready for the official opening. Hours and official opening day will be noted on the web page but she is still taking calls and meeting with mamas before then.

She is still doing the diaper trials. If you do that you are actually trying out used diapers and then you pay to cover her cleaning cost of the diapers when you are done. It is a special cleaning so things aren't passed between babies. Thank goodness she's careful.

I'm excited!
vmccal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #63
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh cool!

Ok well im totaly on board w/ meeting up there on her grand opening if ya want!

And yes she is VERY sweet!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #64
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewwest5 View Post
ME! Hello from Garland...
Hi! I'm in Garland too.

I never knew this section of DS existed... and I got tickled to see that Texas is its own "region" lol.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:16 PM   #65
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I was so looking forward to a field trip tomorrow! Oh well. Maybe she could do a special preview day for DS members, and we could all meet up. Kind of a "soft" opening for her.

Other than trials, does anybody know if she keeps a stock of used diapers for sale individually? I'm trying to buy CDs locally, so I can save on shipping and and actually SEE and TOUCH before I buy, but CDs on Craigslist are few and far between, and usually far away from where I live (which ironically is not too far from this store).

cheryl
cherylchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #66
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

SHe had quite a few used dipers at ther old store, so i bet she will have them at her new store too.

What kind of diapers are you looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Oh, I was so looking forward to a field trip tomorrow! Oh well. Maybe she could do a special preview day for DS members, and we could all meet up. Kind of a "soft" opening for her.

Other than trials, does anybody know if she keeps a stock of used diapers for sale individually? I'm trying to buy CDs locally, so I can save on shipping and and actually SEE and TOUCH before I buy, but CDs on Craigslist are few and far between, and usually far away from where I live (which ironically is not too far from this store).

cheryl
Old 02-09-2008, 12:21 AM   #67
houseofkidz
Registered Users

My Mood:

HEY....Im In Rockwall!!!!! Anyone closer to me??!!!! With twins? Or not.....i dont get to talk to too many grown ups!!!
houseofkidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:01 AM   #68
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
SHe had quite a few used dipers at ther old store, so i bet she will have them at her new store too.

What kind of diapers are you looking for?
Well, I'm new to CDing and not due until May so I only have a couple of PFs. I'm probably going to primarily do PFs if it works for me, but I will need some fitteds for DH and the grandparents who will not get enough practice to be able to do PFs effectively on demand. DH is on board with the CDing as long as it's not difficult for him and others to use and is really resistant to used. However, I can sew a bit so if I had some used fitteds for models I could convert some PFs to fitteds fairly easily. I have a bunch of patterns already, but they are all so different in dimensions and shapes even when the same size and I have nothing but size 5 sposies to compare them to.

Cheryl
Old 02-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #69
elberethsmudda
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi! I'm from Irving-- my husband is attending grad school at UofD. We're country folk from Idaho and just a bit lost in this huge city! We have a precious girl, Elbereth or "Berry" who is 18 months, and another Treasure on the way at the end of March. We're just starting to look into cloth diapers for both little people and I'm especially interested in making my own AIOs.

BTW, what have you potty-training or post-potty-training moms found to be the most convenient form of cloth diapering?

Blessings!
Heidi
elberethsmudda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:45 AM   #70
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Welcome to the neighborhood! I am not too far from you, we're over in Arlington. I have a 2 1/2 yr old and an almost 3 month old. We are getting ready to start cloth diapering and am trying to decide which type of diapers to use on both kids.

Hugs
Michelle
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote