Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #71
vmccal1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by elberethsmudda View Post
Hi! I'm from Irving-- my husband is attending grad school at UofD. We're country folk from Idaho and just a bit lost in this huge city! We have a precious girl, Elbereth or "Berry" who is 18 months, and another Treasure on the way at the end of March. We're just starting to look into cloth diapers for both little people and I'm especially interested in making my own AIOs.

BTW, what have you potty-training or post-potty-training moms found to be the most convenient form of cloth diapering?

Blessings!
Heidi
Yeah, you found us!
Valarie

Advertisement

vmccal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:34 AM   #72
vmccal1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Oh, I was so looking forward to a field trip tomorrow! Oh well. Maybe she could do a special preview day for DS members, and we could all meet up. Kind of a "soft" opening for her.

Other than trials, does anybody know if she keeps a stock of used diapers for sale individually? I'm trying to buy CDs locally, so I can save on shipping and and actually SEE and TOUCH before I buy, but CDs on Craigslist are few and far between, and usually far away from where I live (which ironically is not too far from this store).

cheryl
That sounds great. Diana said that Saturday (16 of Feb) would work for her. She will be open from 10am - 4pm. If I can give her a head count she would have some refreshments for us . Great idea Cheryl
Old 02-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #73
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Im in, and i can bet that i will be dragging with me at least one other mama, possibly 2!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #74
vmccal1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Should we try for 11am (I like this better)? Or would 1pm be better?
Old 02-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #75
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

1 pm for sure, it taks me a awhile to get uap and moving in the mornings, pluss if i meeting up w/ people, later is always better
Old 02-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #76
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
BTW, what have you potty-training or post-potty-training moms found to be the most convenient form of cloth diapering?
Well, I live near Bree's Bums so I asked her about that for a my then 3YO. Different brands fit differently and are thicker/thinner. I wound up getting 3 pairs of Imse Vimse training pants, which are something like $12. They work fairly well, although like all training pants if you have a super soaker it's going to leak. I use it on my 2.5YO now, and if she goes through all 3 in a day, I switch to the cheaper Gerber ones you can get at Walmart (or if I know she's due for a poop) I don't put it on her overnight, but I've heard from others that do they always use a doubler. My 4YO is still mastering potty training and has occasional accidents, so I just use the Gerbers on her. Her main issue is getting to the potty in time, so Gerber is fine for catching the drips but is not good for learning that wet feels icky, because it doesn't hold much at all.

BTW, I have noticed that Bree's and Babies Bottoms have some overlap in the products they carry, but there seems to be a big difference in what brands they carry. Maybe it's a branding license thing or whatever, but it seems like it would really be worth it to go to both stores if you are still trying to figure out what you might use. At least we have the option to see/feel it in DFW, many people have to buy online and pray they get what they need.

cheryl
Old 02-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #77
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmccal1 View Post
That sounds great. Diana said that Saturday (16 of Feb) would work for her. She will be open from 10am - 4pm. If I can give her a head count she would have some refreshments for us . Great idea Cheryl
I'm a maybe, but I would be there late if at all. We have lunch plans that day with another family, so it depends how quickly I get done with that. And as you know, when both families have multiple kids the risk of cancel is 50/50 so if that happens then I can be there earlier.

cheryl
Old 02-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #78
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah if you looking to get diffrent dipers an don't know what type you want, i totally agree with the pp to go to BOTH stores. BB7M dosn't carry thirsties fitteds, or Bum Genius, and Brees has both of em! Pluss Brees has alot of other stuff like baby legs and Zutano and stuff.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #79
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
We're just starting to look into cloth diapers for both little people and I'm especially interested in making my own AIOs.
Heidi, if you find anyplace to buy Aplix or PUL locally, please let me know. Or if you find someplace online that it's cheaper to buy in bulk from, let me know and maybe we can go into together on a purchase. I'm also interested in making my own diapers, but I'm just starting so I've only used Velcro for my prototypes. Thanks!

cheryl
Old 02-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #80
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Heidi, if you find anyplace to buy Aplix or PUL locally, please let me know. Or if you find someplace online that it's cheaper to buy in bulk from, let me know and maybe we can go into together on a purchase. I'm also interested in making my own diapers, but I'm just starting so I've only used Velcro for my prototypes. Thanks!

cheryl
try here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PULPurchasePower/

and here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Diaper...guid=304666707