Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2008, 09:55 AM   #21
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PLS learn from my mistake - scary story - happy ending

OMG... an angel was with your baby today .. HOW SCARY !!!hugs you mama.. and dont beat yourself up over it.. your baby is fine.. and you might help another mama out by posting this... many hugs to you ..

Advertisement

mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #22
lisad1
Registered Users

So happy your lo is ok! Thank you for sharing your story
lisad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #23
mtchen79
Registered Users
seller

to you and your baby!

The baby's okay, like others say, it's time to move forward. You can't be upset with yourself forever, otherwise you'll take away from your most important job as being a mother and your baby and DH aren't mad at you, only you are mad at yourself. Everyone makes mistakes in parenting, but not everyone talks about them. Fortunately your baby is okay! Don't think about the other possibilities or "what ifs" anymore. Now is the moment and you know what to do to prevent it from happening again. Remember that saying about what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
Mom to DD1 02/07, DD2 03/09 and #3 in 01/12
mtchen79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #24
diane24
Registered Users

My Mood:

OMG! I'm am soo happy that everything is ok! I have a fear that something like that will happen to my DD at MIL's house. Even though everyone tells me I'm being an over protective mother. This story just confirms to me that I'm not over protective.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #25
p1p3r
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There's not a reason in the world why you should beat yourself up over it. Thank the Lord he's alright. Please try to forgive yourself
Old 01-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #26
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama...try not to be too hard on yourself but I completely understand the feeling. In August my son fell out a second story window of our house. Thank God he landed in a shrub. He had a couple small scratches and that was it. Thinking about it still makes me feel like I want to throw up. I never opened the windows from the bottom up - always top down - but I did this once while I was putting the laundry away and he was in his room playing trains.

We all make mistakes. We're human.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #27
Poohb10454
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh mama your story made me cry because I know how badly you feel and what a horrible feeling that is especially when all you can think of are the "what ifs" but accidents do happen, try not to be too hard on yourself. Just think of it as a lesson learned and give your DS alot of extra hugs and kisses.. {{Hugs to you}}
Old 01-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #28
yummymommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank - you a million times over. The postings here - and all the pm's full of advice. Thank- you. Some good news - he is still doing allright - the onlly issue now is he wont latch - but will take expressed milk by cup. I think his mouth still hurts - I know mine would. No bruising, he's back to his happy self. We have barracaded the stairs, he won't be upstairs with me - ever. The reason there is no railing - is that it is a large curved sloping area - and the lowest quote we got was 10 grand. We are about 10 grand short of buying it. I was vigilant with the other two kids, that and I never came up here then. I hope that this will serve as a reminder to all that it can happen so quickly. I am so thankful that he is allright. We've had a lot of hugs today. Thank you so much for the advice and support -it is nice to know that I'm not alone.