Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #121
wiredpsyche
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ARIZONIANS--CHECK IN!!

Welcome to AZ! Good luck with the movers... I had horrible trouble with movers last time I moved! They trashed everything and then told me since they got the stuff from point A to point B it wasn't their problem (even though most of it was unusable after they touched it!!)

Sounds like you're near the AP playgroup we go to... check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AP_Moms_of_NorthPhoenix/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ful Momma View Post
We are here! Our temp home is just off the 101/Union Hills. This seems to be a great area and we will look around here and up 17 to Anthem. We drove out to Surprise the other day and the commute would not be ideal for my DH.

The move has definitely had it's ups/downs. We are waiting on a check from the movers so that I can purchase more dipes as they have misplaced the one and only box that HAD to make it :frusty:. Otherwise it seems to be going really well and we are excited to look for a place to live

Advertisement

wiredpsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #122
cacrosley
Registered Users
seller

Is there anyone around Gilbert/Mesa/Chandler area that is interested in a playdate? I have an almost 10 month old little girl and she does not have anyone around her age to play with.

Please PM me if anyone wants to meet at a park.

I have searched everywhere on the internet for something where we can meet mommies and babies and I have not had any luck.
cacrosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #123
wiredpsyche
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're not quite close enough to you, but have you checked AZmamas (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/azmamas/) or the API (attachment parenting) group for East Valley (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ev_api/)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacrosley View Post
Is there anyone around Gilbert/Mesa/Chandler area that is interested in a playdate? I have an almost 10 month old little girl and she does not have anyone around her age to play with.

Please PM me if anyone wants to meet at a park.

I have searched everywhere on the internet for something where we can meet mommies and babies and I have not had any luck.
wiredpsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #124
Gr8ful Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snlipio View Post
Welcome to AZ! Too bad it's such a commute for your DH, there are so many options here in Surprise. Have you been over by Super Target (Happy Valley & Lake Pleasant)? I like that area too. It's not too far from the 101 and the carefree hwy.
Thank you and I think that I have made it that area but I'm not 100% sure. :lol: I am trying to identify areas that are north of Phoenix proper but can't seem to figure them out (or find a map that shows the city limits). I would like to find places there to check out but I can't figure out which city to type in for the filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladalewile View Post
If you do make it out to Cave Creek please do keep us in mind - would love for LOs to have regular playdates~
We drove around that area last weekend and loved it...or at least I think we brushed up on it. We followed some road that turned into New River Rd and we followed that for quite a while (until it reached I-17). Would you happen to know the areas to the West and Southwest of Cave Creek? I know Anthem, Desert Hills and Carefree but I've been told that there are other areas in that vicinity. We are really liking the amenities of Anthem but would be open to less amenities if it came with some land.

As for playdates, once we figure out where we will be living and get situated we would love to meet up for a playdate. For the next few weeks we are just a tad busy :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredpsyche View Post
Welcome to AZ! Good luck with the movers... I had horrible trouble with movers last time I moved! They trashed everything and then told me since they got the stuff from point A to point B it wasn't their problem (even though most of it was unusable after they touched it!!)

Sounds like you're near the AP playgroup we go to... check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AP_Moms_of_NorthPhoenix/
Thank you and UGH, sorry that they treated your stuff so poorly. We finally got the check from the movers to cover part of the cost of new dipes so this weekend, I will be going to purchase some new dipes at the local store and order some other from a WAHM here.

Thanks for the link...when we are settled, I will check that group out.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #125
jendex
Registered Users

North Peoria here, glad to see I'm not the ONLY one!
jendex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #126
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Surprise!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #127
ammcmaho
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ful Momma View Post
We are here! Our temp home is just off the 101/Union Hills. This seems to be a great area and we will look around here and up 17 to Anthem. We drove out to Surprise the other day and the commute would not be ideal for my DH.

The move has definitely had it's ups/downs. We are waiting on a check from the movers so that I can purchase more dipes as they have misplaced the one and only box that HAD to make it :frusty:. Otherwise it seems to be going really well and we are excited to look for a place to live
welcome! i'm at 101 and cave creek, just north of union hills. happy to see you here. there are a few diaper stores in the phoenix/scottsdale area!
Paying for two in child care? An au pair may be cheaper! Great for families who need flexibility!
ammcmaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #128
growgrowgrow
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WearingTaci View Post
Tucson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelgurl137 View Post
Tucson here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by altuttle View Post
Tucson here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsHelpingMoms View Post
Tucson here too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolartribeMommy View Post
NW Tucson here (almost Marana)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
Tucson here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzersrule82 View Post
just south of tucson here! new to cd and ds. none of my friends cd so i'm excited that this site exists!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogreencars View Post
Tucson, checking in

hey you!!!!

we're in (east) tucson. i have a 4-month-old DD. i'm currently a SAHM (hoping to become a WAHM sometime soon). if anybody's interested in a playdate i'd love to have one! i so want alice to meet other babes near her age & it'd be lovely to meet other mamas who are experiencing / have experienced what we are! please PM me!!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #129
karilyn
Registered Users

Hello! I live in EAST MESA! I'm mom to 3 little ones, and I teach at a Montessori Preschool here in East Mesa. This summer I'm taking the Montessori infant/toddler training in Chicago, and then this fall I am opening a toddler montessori environment at the school. I will REQUIRE cloth diapers, vegan moccasins, organic foods, only wood and organic cloth and natural materials. It will be a special little community for little ones ages 12 months to 3 years. We'll have 1 day-5 day options. Let me know if you're interested! Ofcourse we'll have preschool openings as well for ages 3-6.
karilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #130
mommyluvs222
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Southwest Phoenix Checking in!!!
mommyluvs222 is offline   Reply With Quote