Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #11
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Corpus Christi & further south (Rio Grande Valley)

OK, so a question for you valley mamas. My sister wants to come down from NY w/in the next month to get her & her son's (he's 20 now) teeth worked on. They need major work from bridges, to extractions, & a partial. Do you know anyone who has gotten work done in Progresso or near there? Can you maybe find out some specific dentists they went to there? I have some friends that got work done, but it was mostly whitening and one extraction.

Advertisement

Free Crochet Longies Instructions Here
topazdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #12
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't been online much lately, but I'm in Corpus. Any mamas near here wanna do a meet-up??
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #13
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoSunshines View Post
I haven't been online much lately, but I'm in Corpus. Any mamas near here wanna do a meet-up??
I usually come up on Sundays if you can meet then. I will be up there this Sunday with both girls & I think dh as well. We are game!

Free Crochet Longies Instructions Here
topazdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:20 PM   #14
Jessmomto2
Registered Users
seller

Re: Corpus Christi & further south?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazdodge View Post
Wow, the DS world is getting smaller! Are you using Beth in Corpus for your midwife? I really wanted to go with her & do a homebirth with dd#2, but we have really great ins, so it was either pay $100 for all prenatal care, hospital, & postnatal, or pay $2500 for all of it with the midwife. As much as I really really really wanted a homebirth, I just couldn't justify the extra $2000+ to do it when the OBGYN in Kingsville is/was very supportive of natural labor/birthing/alternative methods. I was able to do 2 completely natural births there, and this last time didn't even have to have an heplock for IV. I told them their job was to catch and they were ok with it. Although the nurses still though I was crazy until I did it.

If you go through Fal you could stop & see us? Do you bring your boys to the appointments with you?

Better get to bed, baby hasn't been sleeping well so my magic adult-DS time is probably almost over.

Yes, I am seeing Beth in Corpus. She's doing mostly home visits right now since she's awesome and only charges me the $40 for gas to come down. It costs me more to go up there since it's $50 to fill my tank up plus then we need lunch, etc. But, I will have at least a few more visits up there before this little guy is born. We do go through Fal and I always bring the boys wiht me to appts. How awesome that you did a natural birth in the hospital! I had a not so wonderful hospital experience with my first (still completely natural--I just hated the nurses--I was young and they treated me horribly). And a birthing center birth with my second (then they closed down while I was pregnant with this little guy but have since opened back up, LOL). I can imagine that it would be a really hard decision between $100 and the $2500. That's a HUGE difference. I don't know that I could rationalize it either. For us, it would have been a cap of about $2000 for a hospital birth and for the homebirth $2500, if you include supplies, gas, etc, possibly $3000 total. I'm crossing my fingers that our insurance will reimburse us some of it. They sent Beth a statement that if I got a referral from my PCP that they might cover it. I did and we'll see what happens.

Anyway, hopefully we can get together sometime in the future!
Jessmomto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #15
Jessmomto2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by connellgarcia View Post
Yep same Julia
Hi Julia! I keep meaning to stop by and see you guys but it seems like between the kids and I one of us is always sick lately. I think my mom said that she talked to you the other day though.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:24 PM   #16
Jessmomto2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
OK, so a question for you valley mamas. My sister wants to come down from NY w/in the next month to get her & her son's (he's 20 now) teeth worked on. They need major work from bridges, to extractions, & a partial. Do you know anyone who has gotten work done in Progresso or near there? Can you maybe find out some specific dentists they went to there? I have some friends that got work done, but it was mostly whitening and one extraction.
I can ask my husband's family and see if they have any ideas.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #17
Julia22443
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmomto2 View Post
Hi Julia! I keep meaning to stop by and see you guys but it seems like between the kids and I one of us is always sick lately. I think my mom said that she talked to you the other day though.
Yeah your mom stopped by

This weather has been so crazy lately we have been sick on and off since December. And we're just getting over another cold I hope the weather clears up for more than just a day this coming week!!!
Julia22443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #18
Jessmomto2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by connellgarcia View Post
Yeah your mom stopped by

This weather has been so crazy lately we have been sick on and off since December. And we're just getting over another cold I hope the weather clears up for more than just a day this coming week!!!

It is so weird that you live right behind my mom. That's such a crazy coincidence. I hope you guys feel better soon! We've all been doing that too with colds and sinus issues with a stomach virus thrown in for Jaden. Yuck! I do too! It's been bouncing back and forth so much between hot and cold. I'm not loving the 90 degree weather though. I would be so much happier with 70s-80s.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:12 AM   #19
angelahk29f
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm new to this board AND live in the Corpus Christi area.
angelahk29f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:15 AM   #20
angelahk29f
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
OK, let's find out who is in Corpus Christi & further south (did I just repeat myself?). I am in Falfurrias (about 1 hr north of McAllen), and I am pretty sure that I hold the trophy for furthest south in TX on DS, but please someone prove me wrong. Anyone else? I know there are at least 2 other mamas in Corpus, where are you?
<h4> Are you from Fal? or just live there? You seem kinda nice to be from there. I'm in another small town and not from here, and everyone knows it! I'm such an outsider. I graduated high school in Kingsville. Now live in the next town over. I know some people from Fal.

<h3>Expecting our first and it's still a secret. so I've going to try to be incognito.
angelahk29f is offline   Reply With Quote