Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #1
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Where can I get some really great balanced info about Circ?

After my last appnt with my midwife, I am really thinking this baby could be a boy! Soooo, I am feeling the need to research circ info. I would like to find some information that I can share with my DH. We discussed it last night and are unsure about it.

Can anyone direct me to some links for circ info which are balanced and informative? I especially want to read about the history of circ, and then about the current procedures and options. Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by MamaJoyful; 01-11-2008 at 08:32 AM.
MamaJoyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Where can I get some really great balanced info about Circ?

There are a bunch of links stickied at the top of the parenting forum. Be forewarned, most info out there leans heavily in one direction or the other. You probably won't find a balanced view on any one site, but have to read from both sides and decide where you stand.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There really isn't any "balanced" info that I can find anywhere. Some stuff goes one way, some goes the other

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=119362

Thats the link to the sticky at the parenting forum but I believe it is all *non* circ stuff.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:14 AM   #4
jennsmile
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

"IF" you chose to circ, please look into using a mohel. The difference in care is amazing. We circ and using a Mohel was the compromise we came to.

Jenn

Fort Hood Mama's check out LLL of Killeen
jennsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #5
Knittinkninja
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When DH and I were trying to decide whether to circ DS when he was born, we couldn't find ANY balanced info. Everything out there was one side or the other. The most balanced info/advice we got was from DH's brother, who's an ER doc and really didn't care one way or the other whether we circ'd DS. So we got the medical view for doing it vs. not doing it from someone who didn't care what we did. His info was by far the most helpful because it wasn't slanted one way or the other.

We ended up not circ'ing our son, BTW.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #6
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks a lot. We will read those links and see what we can find. I will also read about the procedure mentioned.

This is a hard subject, especially when it would mean that some of the males in our family are and some are not cir'd. Looking back, I wish I'd known more when I made choices about my sons. I wish I'd have known about the circ that only takes the very end skin off, like the traditional Jewish ones did. I had no clue way back when! However, I can't change the past. Just move forward. I am sure we will come to peace about what to do with this one. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #7
mindycat72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraMamaJoyful View Post
This is a hard subject, especially when it would mean that some of the males in our family are and some are not cir'd. Looking back, I wish I'd known more when I made choices about my sons. I wish I'd have known about the circ that only takes the very end skin off, like the traditional Jewish ones did. I had no clue way back when! However, I can't change the past. Just move forward. I am sure we will come to peace about what to do with this one. Thanks!
Exactly. Two of mine are circ'd, two are not. I wouldn't worry too much about familial uniformity. Just choose for this one.
mindycat72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
mengmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I looked it up on wiki too and got a little of the history of it. You could try there too.

I worry about the family thing too, dh and ds are circ'd, but we won't be circ'ing in the future either.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #9
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

I Personally would say there isn't a lot of information for a *balanced* argument on whether to circ because its not a *medically necessary* procedure.

Most people decide to circ for religious beliefs OR want the boys to *look* like dad's penis OR because they think they have to circ their son and don't know any different. I am sure there are a couple more reasons but those 3 by far are the main reasons to do it.

Whereas those who don't circ dont do it because its not a necessary procedure for the son. Like piercing ears or clipping female genitalia off as well.

I think Circing is one of those things that every parent is adamant about. either they believe "yes" or they believe "no". There really isn't to much middle ground which is why circing is a heated debate around here If you are on the fence I would say don't do it. You cant take back a Circing once you do it
Old 01-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #10
jacquelineoliver
Registered Users

im expecting a boy and am really trying to not get in the subject because i have no idea why someone would or wouldnt do it. My dh is admit it gets done so i told him the whole thing and care was up to him. The one thing that lead me to believe it was better to do though was it was cleaner is that not true ?
jacquelineoliver is offline   Reply With Quote