Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:
expecting momma who also have toddlers

I am 15 weeks preg and my son is 19 months old, I love him to death but in this preg. I have been really sore, like weird sore muscle pains that I'm afraid are only going to get worse as I grow from c section.. But is it me, or does it seem like your toddler is a belly seeking missle when they are with 3 feet of you. I can't sit on the couch much less lay down and actually relax because it seems like Gage comes out of no where and bombs right into my belly...not so hard that I'm concerned about the baby's well being ( since its super padded etc..) But it still hurts..lol I figure he did it same amount before I was preg I just didn't pay attention to it kwim?

But well that's my semi-rant-ish question for today..lol

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
jacquelineoliver
Registered Users

Re: expecting momma who also have toddlers

lmao the other day me and dh were talking about abigail doing the same stuff shes only 15 months so im not sure she knows im pregnant but she will come up and rub my belly one second then turn around and slap it with both hands a second later. she allready has a love hate relationship to her brother !
jacquelineoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well Im not pregnant now, but my boys are 2 1/2yrs and just about 4m. I just spoke to ds1 that theres a baby there and we cant jump on mommys tummy. I know he did not understand everything, but I always made sure that he did not jump/hit etc on my tummy, and just kept telling him theres a baby there.

OT: but I had a wisdom tooth out last week and ds1 likes to grab faces to kiss or play, and I told him mommy has an owie there and he had to be careful (yes hes older now, but still, if you stick to something it usually happens :hug:
Old 01-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
statikradio
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelineoliver View Post
lmao the other day me and dh were talking about abigail doing the same stuff shes only 15 months so im not sure she knows im pregnant but she will come up and rub my belly one second then turn around and slap it with both hands a second later. she allready has a love hate relationship to her brother !
My 21 month old dd does the same thing!!!!

** Mom of two **
statikradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #5
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I am expecting, and I have two toddlers and an 8 month old. With every pregnancy it seems that they always aim for the stomach. but I guess they always have, I just never noticed it till I got pregnant and was more concerned.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Our Gage was doing that too! It seemed like my belly was his target! When I had that severe nausea and m/s, it seemed like he loved jumping up and down on me! I was just so sick and feeling awful! Luckily, my severe nausea has passed and Gage has decided that he doesn't 'need' to jump up and down on me anymore.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #7
JeanieNGmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have a 2 year old and a 10 month old who love trying to attack my bellie. my 2 year old is slowley starting to stop she is getting more into poking and saying "baby brober" since i have been trying to get her to understand her baby brother is in there. but theres no explaining it to my 10 month old she does what she pleases
Old 01-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #8
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

My DD is 2, and her feet and elbows never miss their target. I now have a better understanding of what DH goes through every time she dives into his lap.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #9
twolittlebabybiggs
Registered Users

I am about 16 weeks along and have two 16 month old sons. Oh, I can relate! If they climb on my lap for story time or when i'm playing on the floor they try to bounce on my tummy! I have started pointed to my belly and saying "Nice. Baby in there!" Now they are actually getting very gentle and kissing my belly. They have started pointing and saying "Baby?" So I think my time is about to pass!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #10
logansmomma07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is 9 months today, and I am about 10 weeks- all he wants to do is climb on my belly and step on it. Or kick it whenever he has the chance! I'm poking out already so it makes a perfect step or kickball He didnt really do that before, so maybe they do it on purpose?