Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #41
HMDocsLady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hawaiian mamas, where are you?

Hi Mamas! I'll be joining you all in Nov. We got orders to Oahu. Doc will be at Makalapa. We will be in housing, just don't know which one yet. Can someone answwer a couple housing questions for me? We are bringing our 2 dogs (yes, it's a pain in the a$$, but they are family too). Does housing have fences in the back yard? Many of the housing communities here do, but I can't seem to find out if they do there. We have one escape artist who wll jump a 5 foot fence, but we do have a 6' tall play yard we are using now, would we be able to set it up in our back yard for them? I don't want to move it if we won't be able to use it since it weighs so much! TIA! Can't wait to meet you all once we get there!

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #42
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMDocsLady View Post
Hi Mamas! I'll be joining you all in Nov. We got orders to Oahu. Doc will be at Makalapa. We will be in housing, just don't know which one yet. Can someone answwer a couple housing questions for me? We are bringing our 2 dogs (yes, it's a pain in the a$$, but they are family too). Does housing have fences in the back yard? Many of the housing communities here do, but I can't seem to find out if they do there. We have one escape artist who wll jump a 5 foot fence, but we do have a 6' tall play yard we are using now, would we be able to set it up in our back yard for them? I don't want to move it if we won't be able to use it since it weighs so much! TIA! Can't wait to meet you all once we get there!
I have not seen all housing but most of the bases in Hawaii do not have fenced yard....or if they do they are very small (maybe like 10x10 and mostly concrete). Some of the older housing on some of the bases have yards but that's pretty rare.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #43
yinee71
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMDocsLady View Post
Hi Mama,

The new military housing in Salt Lake doesn't have any fencing. It's all open area. But the houses are a big improvement! The old ones were apartments, and the military finally decided to build actual single-family homes! The homes they built 5-10 years back are shared by two families, like a duplex or something like that (sorry, I'm not sure of housing term). It looks like a single family house but isn't. This make the home much smaller for those with larger families. In Salt Lake there's houses still being built but my guess is it'll also be without fencing.

If you're thinking about off-base housing, well, it depends on the homeowner. Many of the older homes that do have fencing, it's mostly chain link, and not very high. As for putting up your play yard, that'll depend on the community association rules (if there's any CA). If not, then it'll just depend on what the homeowner/landlord says.

HTH!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #44
CTH3989
Registered Users
seller

Hi ladies! I should be moving to Oahu in a few weeks. It will be my first time in Hawaii. Can someone suggest a non-vax friendly Ped? Thanks. Oh, and does anyone know how long the housing waiting list is?
CTH3989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #45
hresetnikov
Registered Users

Hey hawaii mamas! Anyone on the big island? I live in Kona!
hresetnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #46
HMDocsLady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Mamas! Almost time for us to move out there! Anyone want to get together for a meet and greet / play grou mid November? Anyone have a good idea where we can have it - I'd love a park.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #47
CTH3989
Registered Users
seller

I would love to if we are settled in by then. I will definitely be all alone besides my hubby and kids would love to meet some other mamas.
CTH3989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #48
HMDocsLady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok,I'm freaking out a bit here. We are looking into where we are going to stay before we get our housing sorted out. The hotels are SO expensive! I know we get TLE but I also know it won't kick in immediately. Not to mention that no one allows dogs so we are going to have to kennel them, which the Navy doesn't pay for. Something we didn't want to have to do. I got a reservation for them at the Schofield MWR kennels, but have no idea how long it is really going to take to get our housing. I called the housing office and they said that it could be as short as 1 month or as long as 6 months! ACK!!! MAJOR FREAK OUT!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:19 AM   #49
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am here and loving everything about DS. I found this site by learning the ways of cd'ing. I thought it couldn't get any better than craigslist. I live in Ewa Beach but go to Hickam fequently. Anyone in either location?
luvmykeikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:50 PM   #50
Lingababe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mililani

Last edited by Lingababe; 02-21-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Lingababe is offline   Reply With Quote