Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2008, 07:02 AM   #61
Nettacow
Registered Users

Re: Nebraska Mamas!

Layna! I know 'Nish and your mom - I was there when your mom picked out that pretty HH diaper for you in May! (hope you & your little girl liked it)

Speaking of the friends of midwives, we're doing an really awesome play in September. The Omaha one was last weekend but the Lincoln (24th), Norfolk (TODAY at 1 PM), and GI (14th) ones are coming up. Check out this site for details - www.freewebs.com/boldnebraska - We'd love to see anybody and everybody there and are hoping for a great turnout!!!

Advertisement

Nettacow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #62
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=Nettacow;4695042]Layna! I know 'Nish and your mom - I was there when your mom picked out that pretty HH diaper for you in May! (hope you & your little girl liked it)
QUOTE]

Hi! The HH is SO adorable! Too bad, it's a size XL so it doesn't fit my skinny-mini! It's just being used as decoration for her room because it's just too cute to hide away.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #63
HollyS
Registered Users
seller
seller

We're heading to Omaha for a couple days. DH is going there for his job and the kids and I are tagging along. What would be good to visit while we are there? I found a yarn/fabric store I want to check out...not that I need to. Are there any CD stores? Any great museums, restaurants, etc that are kid friendly?
Mommy to DD (11), DS (8), DD (6), DD (3), and #5 due 2/14
HollyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #64
mstngmol
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello Everyone!

I am here in Omaha, just wanted to say "hi"!
mstngmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #65
idigchaitea
Registered Users
seller

Just wanted to say GO HUSKERS!! 3 games won so far this season!
*28 year old mama to Josiah Liam, born 05.19.2007, Jonas Elliot, my dove in heaven, stillborn at 40 weeks 03.12.2009* www.jonaselliot.blogspot.com , and my rainbow baby Julien Reese 11.04.2010 *Married to Zac 06.11.2005*
idigchaitea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #66
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyS View Post
We're heading to Omaha for a couple days. DH is going there for his job and the kids and I are tagging along. What would be good to visit while we are there? I found a yarn/fabric store I want to check out...not that I need to. Are there any CD stores? Any great museums, restaurants, etc that are kid friendly?
Henry Doorly Zoo is nice, Durham Museum is cool, Old Market has a lot of funky shops & good fodd--yummy Russian chocolates @ the Red Square...

No CDing stores in the big O

Lots of good eating places: Spaghetti works, JC Mandarin Chinese, Katie's or Greek Islands for Greek food, Gerda's Bakery for yummies...

Have fun! Omaha is a super nice city!
threestraycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #67
amykins
Registered Users
seller

I am in Chadron...I saw some of you attended CSC...I was there 2000-2004...so let me know if you were, too! We just couldn't leave this place!
amykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #68
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettacow View Post
Layna! I know 'Nish and your mom - I was there when your mom picked out that pretty HH diaper for you in May! (hope you & your little girl liked it)

Speaking of the friends of midwives, we're doing an really awesome play in September. The Omaha one was last weekend but the Lincoln (24th), Norfolk (TODAY at 1 PM), and GI (14th) ones are coming up. Check out this site for details - www.freewebs.com/boldnebraska - We'd love to see anybody and everybody there and are hoping for a great turnout!!!
That is looks REALLY awesome. I am going to hopefully go and get a few of my friends to go. Thanks for posting that!!

I haven't been by here forever....I am in Lincoln, grew up here....but my dh is from Omaha and works in Omaha and is going to be starting classes in Omaha so we are moving up there . I will just miss my friends here and family, but we'll only be an hour away....we are actually going to live my with MIL for the winter and buy a house in the spring. Both my husband and I really like Wahoo and it's about half way between both Lincoln and Omaha, so hopefully that's where we'll eventually call home.

Anyone from Omaha involved in any good AP playgroups or anything fun?? We are going to need something to do this winter up in Omaha.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #69
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There is an Omaha AP playgroup through Yahoo groups but we do stuff through our homeschool group so I have never tried it out.

Otherwise, there are a lot of library activities that are nice (and free!).

I'm not from here originally but it actually isn't bad--the people are friendly, the city is pretty kid-friendly & the weather isn't too bad.

Now if only we could get a Trader Joe's & a Hanna outlet--I would be set
threestraycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #70
Nettacow
Registered Users

I'm guessing the site must be crazy busy right now - I'm having a terrible time getting this thread to load!!!

Omaha - not to sound like a broken record :>) but there is a weekly potluck that the Nebraska Friends of Midwives bunch puts on, and I know there are a number of people who attend that aren't members but follow a lot of AP stuff. It's been a little sporadic lately, but it's usually listed on either the forum at www.nemidwives.org or our yahoo group (search Nebraska Friends of Midwives). Or you can PM me and I'll hook you up with some people.

I saw the Birth play in GI and it was pretty cool! Also cool was that it was sponsored by Trinity Chiropractic in Lincoln, and they are working on opening up a store called Circle ME that will carry cloth diapers, slings/wraps, books, etc. I poked around their site a little bit (http://www.trinitychiro.com/circleme/cmhome.htm) and it doesn't have much on there yet but it sounds exciting! I think it's supposed to open by the end of the year.

Layna - I haven't talked to your mom in a while - did your sister get all married off? I can't remember which one it was . . . one of the Js, wasn't it? :>) It sounds like our girls are two peas in a pod - mine is 18 mos and just about 20 lbs. I'm about to move her into XLs because she's getting to LONG for the larges. I've seen some plumbers crack going on once in a while - yikes!
Nettacow is offline   Reply With Quote