Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

Is there a learning curve to this?

I tried to pin a pf last night... I'm really not so good at that - he stood up and it just FELL OFF

I'd like to attempt PF's at night but I'm wondering if they just won't work for him... I use crats at night.
He had a Premium pf trifolded in a Wonderwrap today... he soaked right through it onto the cover within an hour.

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is there a learning curve to this?

There is def. a learning curve - I tried to snappi a PF once it was awful!
Old 08-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
nikolaki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You might need to wash your pf's more (if they are newer). You could also try putting a doubler in the wet zone. Pinning does take practice. Here are some great links. Also try experimenting with different folds.
http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/prefolds.htm#fold
http://www.thediaperhyena.com/diaper_folding101.htm
Old 08-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #4
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I agree w/ the learning curve. When I got my first batch of premium cpf, my dd was about 18 lbs. They were my first experience w/ cloth. I did what I was told to do, used the bikini twist and a snappi. I got it on her and thought man these aren't going to fit her for long. So I emailed the WAHM that I bought them from and asked are you sure I got the right size, thinking she sent me infant size on accident. She said she was pretty sure I got the right ones so I sent her pics of the diaper on my baby and measurements of the washed PF's and she said they were premiums. I thought great I am going to have to buy toddler size in a month (they seemed that small around her waist). That was 6+ mo ago and I am still using the same diapers and actually feel like they fit her better now than back then. I guess I have just gotten better w/ the fold and the snappi.

As for soaking through, my DD soaks the Pf completely at nap time and bedtime but she never leaks through her covers. I use litewraps and diaperaps. I really like the snappi too, maybe you can give them a try, they are easier than they appear, and I have a squirmer so to me I would be afraid of sticking her w/ a pin.

Last edited by Julesmom23girls; 08-13-2006 at 02:04 PM.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #5
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmybabies
IHe had a Premium pf trifolded in a Wonderwrap today... he soaked right through it onto the cover within an hour.
Did the cover leak or was it just wet on the inside. If it didn't leak then it did its job, IMO.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:20 PM   #6
Luvmybabies
sitesupporter
seller

The cover was soaked all over the front - inside and out. They could possibly need to be washed more... they are UBIPF's and I have washed them 6 times.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #7
Laniemel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You have to make sure that you wash them in HOT water. Even then it doesn't take long for a baby to soak through one prefold. I usually lay a doubler against dd, then do a bikini twist over that. It helps, but I still change her within a half hour. It took me forever to get the fold right. I can also do a jelly roll, but that just takes too much and she hates lying still for a diaper change. Once you get it down pat, though, prefolds rock.
Laniemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
Luvmybabies
sitesupporter
seller

Yikes - changing every half hour? Who was it that convinced me these were a good thing for a supersoaker???

I trifolded the pf and folded the excess over his wet zone... so he had a total of 32 layers in the wet zone.....(4x8x4 trifolded and then folded down) and still soaked all the way through the cover

I did wash them in extremely hot water, I turned the water heater WAY up. I even added Dawn to the 4th wash to help strip the oils.

I'm kinda bummed, feeling like I just wasted a bundle of money on these.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:48 PM   #9
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use pfs for our super soaker and they do great!!!

We use snappis and they are great. I would do a fold instead of trifolded in the cover. (recently there was a great tutorial on hc for folding with a gusset) The actually fold would help more. At night we use the pf with an infant pf trifold in the middle.

Keep working with them...they really do work