Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2008, 02:24 AM   #1
missy_cbell21
Registered Users
seller

dh not getting leave for baby!!

thursday i woke up and thought i was in labor so i walked around a bit and had some lunch, things felt like the real deal so i called dh at work. he works in the military hospital. they told him too file for leave and he told the guy signing the paper that i was in labor, we are doing a homebirth so he came home. well friday afternoon they call us and say he is filed as ua because they never recived word from ob that i had the baby. he told them we were doing a hb and that i was still haveing contractions but things looked like they were not going anywhere. so now they have pulled his leave and said he can not take any leave until i have the baby and present it at the hospital for a checkup!!! i think that is discrimination of some sort. if i have the baby while he is at work what am i suposed too do? if i were too go too the hospital they would let him out as soon as the doc said i was in labor, so just because we want too go against the grain they want too treat me as if i don't need his support until the baby is born? i guess this is more of a rant but if anyone has any ideas that would be awesome! i have been trying everything i can think of too get this labor going before dh has too go back too work on monday. mabey when i go into labor i should go hang out in the loby of dh's office and see how long it takes them too let him take me home

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2008, 02:39 AM   #2
2cute2cover
Banned

My Mood:
Re: dh not getting leave for baby!!

I'm sorry mama
I would tell hubby to come home for whatever excucse, meaning whatever to get him home. If it's a lie than so be it, it's for your baby and if thier stupid rules don'y accomadate your needs than do what you what for you family and your needs. You come first in your home birth
2cute2cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:52 AM   #3
Jamie
Registered Users

Call IG.

They are your friends.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:53 AM   #4
missy_cbell21
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Call IG.

They are your friends.
who
Old 01-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

I think they probably just want him to only take the leave when you are in labor instead of when you just have contractions. I'm sure they will let him off when it is the real thing. Do you have another friend/relative that can come over for the early part, until you know it is the real thing? I might have a friend on stand-by until you know for sure, so he doesn't have to keep leaving work. I know some mammas have tons of false alarms. I've never gone into labor on my own, so I'm not sure how you tell the "real thing" from just pre-labor contractions. Goodluck mamma. I hope you get it all worked out.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #6
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That stinks, course not everything in the military is peachy like we would like it to be. We have to remember it is run by the government. I am not sure what to tell you but I hope it all works out for you. Sending labor vibes for a baby before Monday!!
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #7
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

This was my experience, too. My dh also works in a military hospital, and he is responsible for patient care, no matter what is going on with his life. With my first he had to be at work while I was in labor, luckily he made it for the birth, and he was back at work the next day. He never took time off. With my ds, I labored overnight, so he was there, but he had to be back at work 2 hours after my ds was born, and again, he got no time off. They "let him slide" because he showed up to a meeting with the admiral in his jammies, lol.

Honestly, it doesn't bug me. His sick patients are more important than my normal births, KWIM? How would you feel if your child was in the PICU with RSV and the doc didn't show up to take care of him/her because he was busy playing with his new baby? I know I would be livid, so I don't let it bother me.