Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #71
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: When you love a "top 10" name...UPDATE on #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Haggie810 View Post
I really liked Ava too, but DH is really picky and just doesn't care for it. I also LOVED Olivia, and Anneliese (prounounced onna-lisa) which is German, but those got bumped to 3rd and fourth choices b/c DH liked others better. My DD is Caitlyn Elizabeth Rose, and DS is Coby Michael, we've had the names picked out for about 4 or 5 years now, and nothing would make us change them. It actually annoys me when people pick OBSCURE names just to have something different. Our other names are probably fairly common as well...LilyAnn Marie, Caleb Kenyon (but middle name might change) Connor Quinn, and Christian Colin. I love Caleb McKinley, but DH doesn't like it. Oh well, we have a little while before we have to worry about it again! I say if you love it use it...I would rather have my "common" Caitlyn to a unique Cashaba any day. If you love a unique name, use it, but don't use it just b/c it's unique, most unique names make there way to the popular list eventually! Oh, and there are no Ava's in my area either...the only person I know with that name is Reese Witherspoons daughter. I think Ava Pearl is very pretty!
Hey, I have a Caitlyn Elisabeth too!

Advertisement

*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #72
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

To OP, I say if you love it, go with it. ALL of the names we were considering were on the popular list. We finally settled on Aiden, popular, but it is what we liked the best. Still working on a middle name.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:01 PM   #73
Cryssie
Registered Users

My Mood:

Having an unusual name myself, my nick here is part of a joke because of it, part of me likes a common name. I'm never called by my real name, pronounced correctly, or spelled right. It gets annoying when I have to fight people to use my real name. It makes me thinks simple is better

Mom 33, Dad 32, Boo 7, Beet 1 , And Bug is here!!
Cryssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #74
cheeky
Registered Users

My Mood:

why should you pick a different name just because other people use it too? if you love it, use it! my daughter has a fairly common name, and i think it's neat that there are other girls with the same name. pick what you like, chances are, your kid will like it too =)
cheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #75
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the sheer amount of little boys out there named either aiden or austin right now is amazing to me. It seems everyone I know who's gotten pregnant and had a boy it's a variation of aiden, either aiden on it's own or hayden, jayden, kayden, etc.

With both boys we tried to think of names that we loved that weren't popular. Both he and I grew up with names that were very popular. So the ones we chose (Trey and Theodore) had to fit the criteria that we loved them but they weren't that common.
naivete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #76
YiddoBug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When you love a "top 10" name...UPDATE on #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezoo View Post
Actually, her name was Eva, not Ava, so perhaps you can bring it back up to him!
My LO Is Eva (pronounced Ava) and some people thought of Hitler's girlfriend. Or Eva/Ava Gardiner (sp?). Now that my dynamic little girl is here, all they think of is my 12 month old Eva. I think that associations change.

OP - I LOVE Ava Pearl. That is such a beautiful name!! I say go for it. You may think of other names, but this one will stick!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #77
Beth0707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If thats the perfect name then I would go with it.