Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Help This Baby Needs To Nap

For the past week or so Taci Jane hasn't napped at all. She's so cranky and irritable and plain exhusted,you can see it in her eyes. She'll be doing tummy tummy and start to close her little eyes and just when she starts to look comfy startle herself awake and scream for at least 10 minutes no matter what I do.
I have even tried laying down with her and nursing her to sleep,but as soon as I get up(I've got two others to take care of)she's screaming again.

Please someone out there has to have a hint or idea,anything we're both desperate

Advertisement

Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help This Baby Needs To Nap

My dd does this too, she even gets blood shot eyes from being so tired. One thing that has helped to calm her is the swing. When I put her in, she tends to freak for the first few min but then she will relax and on occasion sleep for about 30 min. Not a nap, but it does seem to help her. Sometimes teething tablets will help my dd get to sleep, but not all the time. DD seems to go in phases of no napping for 5 or 6 days and then she will nap the next 2 or 3 days, good naps about 2 hours or more. I don't know that I have helped, but you are not alone. If you find something that works constantly please share.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #3
RedneckWoman
Banned

My Mood:

She sounds uncomfortable. Gas maybe? Mine did like to be held but as long as there was nothing wrong they would stay down for a while. One of mine acted like that and we finally figured out that it was lactose intolerance. No milk for mommy but it helped. Just a thought.
RedneckWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:59 PM   #4
Celticcloths
Banned

Can you get a copy of the Happiest Baby on the Block from the library? This was our sleep bible, it got our super colicky high needs DS to sleep. I use the techniques on DD too, who does the same thing your DD does.
Celticcloths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #5
A'smommy
Registered Users

Maybe swaddling would help? I did this a lot with my DD; sometimes I even had to swaddle her to nurse her cause she would flail and work herself into a frenzy.
GL
--k
A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:14 PM   #6
*Chris~tian Mom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WearingTaci
For the past week or so Taci Jane hasn't napped at all. She's so cranky and irritable and plain exhusted,you can see it in her eyes. She'll be doing tummy tummy and start to close her little eyes and just when she starts to look comfy startle herself awake and scream for at least 10 minutes no matter what I do.
I have even tried laying down with her and nursing her to sleep,but as soon as I get up(I've got two others to take care of)she's screaming again.

Please someone out there has to have a hint or idea,anything we're both desperate
I noticed your pic and your wrap. I have to share that there were times with my high needs baby (who has since outgrown most of it~THANK HEAVENS!) I used to have to wrap him to me in order for him to calm down and take a nap. For the longest time, everytime I went into a store, he would fall asleep in the wrap. LOL I also have a friend who literally wore her baby all day every day because that was the only way she could get things done.
Try that and see if it works for you, too! Good luck!
*Chris~tian Mom is offline   Reply With Quote