Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
mom2threepumpkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Binky buddy or Wubbanub?

Have any mamas out there ever use one of these? DD#3 is always waking up at night looking for her binky. I found these 2 online and I am not sure which one would be better or if they actually work??? Can anyone offer some suggestions???? I need some sleep

http://www.binkybuddyusa.com/

http://www.wubbanub.com/

Advertisement

Corinne, mama to 3 wonderful babes and wife to a great man
mom2threepumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Binky buddy or Wubbanub?

I like both , but I think the Binky Buddy would go with more outfits than the animals would.

When I was in the PICU they took a bottle nipple with the ring and stuffed gauze in the nipple so that I couldnt suck air, then surgical taped a rolled up wash cloth to the bottom and walla... it couldnt roll away. I carried that thing for years.

Now they ahve all kinds of neat things like that !
Old 01-12-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How old is she? When Tharen was younger and still using a binky I kept extra on a teddy bear by the head of the bed (we cosleep). I would put one on each arm of the bear so at night if he lost his paci I could reach really quick and grab one. By the time he was 12months he knew where they were and could grab them himself. We also sometime chained one to foxy, Tharen's lovie, with a paci leash. That worked well cause he always knew where foxy was.

In my opinion the wubbanub is better cause it is a little stuffed animal that the child can attach to. That way when paci is gone they still have a friend to ease the transition. It's like a paci and lovie in one. Plus I think they are cute. But I thought they only went with soothie pacis?
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not sure if this would help you, but I didn't want to go through that (the constant waking for the bink) so when DS was teeny, when he'd fall asleep, I'd pull his bink out of his mouth. He didn't get too used that way. He's definitely a binky baby, still has one at 21 months, but I've never had to get up in the middle of the night to "re-plug" him. lol.

That said, I'd go with the binky buddy.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
mom2threepumpkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I'm still trying to decide. DD can never find her paci clip and when she does all I hear is her sucking on the string...lol...the binky buddy looks good if she still likes to be swaddled at night but she hates it now. I can't believe what they make for kids nowadays....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianamom*2 View Post
I like both , but I think the Binky Buddy would go with more outfits than the animals would.

When I was in the PICU they took a bottle nipple with the ring and stuffed gauze in the nipple so that I couldnt suck air, then surgical taped a rolled up wash cloth to the bottom and walla... it couldnt roll away. I carried that thing for years.

Now they ahve all kinds of neat things like that !

Old 01-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
mom2threepumpkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

From what I gathered on the site you can use them with pacis other then the soothie. Hmm I better go check. DD hates the soothie she looks like she is going to choke when we tried to give her one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
How old is she? When Tharen was younger and still using a binky I kept extra on a teddy bear by the head of the bed (we cosleep). I would put one on each arm of the bear so at night if he lost his paci I could reach really quick and grab one. By the time he was 12months he knew where they were and could grab them himself. We also sometime chained one to foxy, Tharen's lovie, with a paci leash. That worked well cause he always knew where foxy was.

In my opinion the wubbanub is better cause it is a little stuffed animal that the child can attach to. That way when paci is gone they still have a friend to ease the transition. It's like a paci and lovie in one. Plus I think they are cute. But I thought they only went with soothie pacis?

Old 01-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #7
bohlander04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use Wubbanubs and Love Them! The soothie pacifier come connected to the animal so it does not come off. You can't use any other pacifier with it.

Check out my new online store!
http://www.waddlewear.net/
bohlander04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlander04 View Post
We use Wubbanubs and Love Them! The soothie pacifier come connected to the animal so it does not come off. You can't use any other pacifier with it.
Well what happens when the paci wears out then? Do you have to buy a new one? When Kearnan was little my mom bought him this little dog that came holding a soothie but it could hold any paci on it's leash. Let me see if I can find the link.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #9
bohlander04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
Well what happens when the paci wears out then? Do you have to buy a new one? When Kearnan was little my mom bought him this little dog that came holding a soothie but it could hold any paci on it's leash. Let me see if I can find the link.
Yeah you just get a new one. I would be really interested in something like that! Sounds very cute.

Check out my new online store!
http://www.waddlewear.net/
bohlander04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #10
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It was like this but bigger

http://item.express.ebay.com/Baby_Fe...mdZExpressItem

I'm still looking. This was 6yrs ago, it's possible they don't make them anymore I guess. They may have been the original verision of the wubbanub. it had a kind of normal looking paci leash that could velcro around a paci, it was attached to one of those special addaptors that let it hold a soothie, but if you took the adaptor off it could hold any paci.

http://www.ticastoys.com/detail.aspx?ID=349

This one is cute too, in fact this website has lots of cool ones that might work.

http://www.ticastoys.com/detail.aspx?ID=1350

http://www.ticastoys.com/SearchResul...?CategoryID=48