Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2008, 11:39 PM   #11
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Binky buddy or Wubbanub?

The other option would be to get a small stuffed animal that you liked (something the size of a beanie baby I think, and kind of flat) and either make yourself or have some one do it for you a short paci leash that attached to the animal (maybe by a collar?) so you could put whatever paci you wanted on it, and take it off when you were done with pacis all together.

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:48 PM   #12
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

I guess it would depend what type of paci your LO will take. WE love the wubbanub. Mikey has about a dozen if not more of them. They dont wear out to fast at all, and I am sure it has something to do with the fact that he has so many but we still have his first ones from 2 years ago and no holes and looks brand new to me. ( I check them every day or so to be sure)

But you cant change paci's with them, the animal is sewn to the paci. Once it wears out you have to get a new one.

That Binky Buddy looks like it could hold any type of paci, HOWEVER the soothie Pacis(which is on the wubbanub) doesn't have a handle like most every other paci, so it doesn't do well with hooking on or with paci clips. It did however just come out with its own paci holder just FYI
Old 01-13-2008, 08:20 AM   #13
mom2threepumpkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD likes using the MAM pacis and won't use anything else. She just spits it out. I tried the soothie and she gave me this look like I was crazy...lol...she almost gagged with it.

Corinne, mama to 3 wonderful babes and wife to a great man
mom2threepumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:42 AM   #14
jn__
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we use mam pacifiers here and I just took one of the rubber holder rings from the mam pacifier clips, and took it off and sewed it to a beanie baby. When he's done with pacifiers I can easily rip it off. LMK if you want a picture
Old 01-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #15
mom2threepumpkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn__ View Post
we use mam pacifiers here and I just took one of the rubber holder rings from the mam pacifier clips, and took it off and sewed it to a beanie baby. When he's done with pacifiers I can easily rip it off. LMK if you want a picture
oh I would love to see that!!!!! I found something called weecare pacifier holders. I am looking to see if they can accomodate a MAM paci.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:44 AM   #16
jn__
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

here he is:

detail - nothing damaged, just sewed over (not through) the loop

the unwilling model (he was squirmy and not in the mood for a paci at the time lol)

Old 01-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #17
mom2threepumpkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh that is an awesome!!!! I will def. try that out. You are very skilled, I am not that good with any sewing projects and we have a couple of beanie babies that are just sitting around here. Super cute!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn__ View Post
here he is:

detail - nothing damaged, just sewed over (not through) the loop

the unwilling model (he was squirmy and not in the mood for a paci at the time lol)

Old 01-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #18
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2threepumpkins View Post
DD likes using the MAM pacis and won't use anything else. She just spits it out. I tried the soothie and she gave me this look like I was crazy...lol...she almost gagged with it.
That means that the wubbanub wont work for you at all because you cant change the paci

Just make sure if you add anything to your pacis like beanie babies etc to make sure the eyes are sewn into the animal and not detachable beads that can be chocked on. you can always remove the eyes and sewn some on.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #19
mom2threepumpkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a beanie baby ty and they have sewn on eyes so nothing can come off. I am gonna try to see if I can do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistylaureena View Post
That means that the wubbanub wont work for you at all because you cant change the paci

Just make sure if you add anything to your pacis like beanie babies etc to make sure the eyes are sewn into the animal and not detachable beads that can be chocked on. you can always remove the eyes and sewn some on.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #20
little lulu
Registered Users

i have a paci that the hospital gave us. It's like the soothie but is curved to fit my daughters face instead of round. what wouold be the best way to make a wubbanub with that paci. and do i have to use a beanie baby or can i use one of those mini plush blankies with a head?
little lulu is offline   Reply With Quote