Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2006, 11:55 AM   #31
Dorky_Mom
Registered Users

Re: Anyone seen the new vaccine guideline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy
AMEN SISTA! People don't seem to understand until their child is damaged by vax's. That was me, just as recent as last year, I didn't believe it would damage until it happened to us. Now I wish I would have listened to friends who warned me over and over again
what happened???
I vax, but i delay a bit, but not by far. MY son is 8 months and he just got his 6 month vax.

is there something i am missing?????

Advertisement

breast feeding baby wearing cloth diapering attached momma
Dorky_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:55 AM   #32
Dorky_Mom
Registered Users

Id also like to add..... My son was not vaxed and he got pertussis and we almost lost him... I am just too scared now to not vax.

breast feeding baby wearing cloth diapering attached momma
Dorky_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:12 PM   #33
crunchy-mama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorky_Mom
Id also like to add..... My son was not vaxed and he got pertussis and we almost lost him... I am just too scared now to not vax.
My #2 was vaxed againt pertussis and got it. My #3 was not and never caught it from him!!!
If you are really interested in doing some vax research pm me for some info. It is wayyyyyy too complicated to get into in one post
crunchy-mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:17 PM   #34
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorky_Mom
what happened???
I vax, but i delay a bit, but not by far. MY son is 8 months and he just got his 6 month vax.

is there something i am missing?????

Tiffany as Asperger's and tested for high levels of mercury (neuro-toxin) and aluminium. Aluminum is also found to be altzimers (gosh, cant' spell it!) patients in VERY high levels, go figure! As heavy metals like these two do NOT have a place in a human body and mess with your brain. As my grandmother and my oldest daughter.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #35
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

side note: dorky_mom, I LOVE your avatar!!!!
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:14 PM   #36
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

There are so many strains of HPV and only a couple dozen of those are sexually transmitted so I wouldn't only classify it as an STD only.

I'm not sure how I feel about the effectiveness of a vaccine for it but you can contract HPV in other ways than having sex....
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:55 PM   #37
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9800Emily
Personally I would not give dd a vax for hiv. HIV is a preventable disease that requires nothing but knowledge and education to prevent. DD will have this info and it should be all she needs. IMO vax give a false sense of security. Viruses mutate, always have and always will. There are still people that get things they are vaxed for and to have people thinking they could never get HIV could be potently devastating.
A BIG FAT Knowledge is power
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:54 PM   #38
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I looked up some stats. In 1995, 4% of males and 3% of females had had sex BEFORE AGE 13! It's even higher for blacks - 14% of black males and 13% of black females under age 13 were sexually active. 50% of kids under age 17 had had sex. By age 19, 83% of males and 70% of females had. As someone who was 22 and married before I had sex, this blows me away.
Yep, I had a girl in my class in Jr. High that had a baby at 12 years old. (I'm 21 so this would have been nine years ago and its gotten worse since then.) And there were a few more that had a baby before they made it to the 9th grade. In High School, I'd say we had at least a few a year that had babies ( and I went to a SMALL school). And that's not counting God-knows-how-many that had early abortions and didn't tell anyone. Oh, and one girl, a class ahead of me, had TWO babies before she graduated.

Anyway, yeah, it makes me scared for my little 13 and 10 year old sisters... I wasn't married before I had sex but I was 18 and it was with the person I am now married to. And he's the only person I've EVER had sex with, and vice versa, which is extremely uncommon for guys. (Unless they are religious, I guess!)

Sorry, I know this was so off-topic... Its just that I know that sometimes, when talking to mothers that are only maybe 10 years older than me, they really don't know what goes on as much as they think they do. And as a mom who was in High School only 4 years ago and who has FOUR little sisters that are still kids, I guess I hear what goes on more... Not all pre-teens and teens are as innocent as they seem.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #39
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey
Yep, I had a girl in my class in Jr. High that had a baby at 12 years old. (I'm 21 so this would have been nine years ago and its gotten worse since then.) And there were a few more that had a baby before they made it to the 9th grade. In High School, I'd say we had at least a few a year that had babies ( and I went to a SMALL school). And that's not counting God-knows-how-many that had early abortions and didn't tell anyone. Oh, and one girl, a class ahead of me, had TWO babies before she graduated.

Anyway, yeah, it makes me scared for my little 13 and 10 year old sisters... I wasn't married before I had sex but I was 18 and it was with the person I am now married to. And he's the only person I've EVER had sex with, and vice versa, which is extremely uncommon for guys. (Unless they are religious, I guess!)

Sorry, I know this was so off-topic... Its just that I know that sometimes, when talking to mothers that are only maybe 10 years older than me, they really don't know what goes on as much as they think they do. And as a mom who was in High School only 4 years ago and who has FOUR little sisters that are still kids, I guess I hear what goes on more... Not all pre-teens and teens are as innocent as they seem.
wow that is sad and scary!!!
none of my friednds did every get pg. it is scary though. the way they dress , i dont dress like that and im 36 . yiiikes
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:30 PM   #40
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy
Gosh, if they get rid of the religious exemption I would be tempted to homeschool! I will stop at NOTHING to protect my children from the brain damage that my oldest DD has endured already from the mercury ladened vax's she's had in the past! And that has been proven medically/scientifically and is NOT an emotional opionion in the slightest

But still, my children will not be getting anymore vax's, the menengitis/polio vax doesn't always work as menengitis is still heard of more often than not. And the rest of the things vax'ed for aren't as bad as I once was conned into thinking they were.

Ok, getting away before I say something that will really get things heated.
grrrrrr.....!