Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #1171
jessesgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: jesses
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oklahoma Mamas, check in here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by popoloco View Post
I am in Owasso too! I actually grew up in north texas. I only know one other mama that has used cloth here, don't think she is much anymore. It is an AWESOME community though, full of young families.

I know a family that is currently moving to Illinois and will be out of their house tuesday, if you want info let me know

I would LOVE the info! Thank you so much! We're staying @ Owasso on the green...or the greens of Owasso or something to that effect. They've paid us up for the month, but we're definitely looking to get into a house in the next 2-4 weeks.

DS is totally out of diapers. It was a sad day when he PL'ed, but I have already built up a pretty hefty stash for DD, who will be here in 3 and 1/2 months!

I keep hearing Owasso is DEFINITELY the place to be! I'm so excited to be here. Aside from the humidity (seriously...brutal!), it's gorgeous up here!

The move was fairly uneventful. We hit the west/south side of OKC and I started having contractions pretty regularly. We were driving separate cars and it STUNK! Then we got to our apartment to find our a/c didn't work! Ergh! It was so miserable last night! But our a/c is fixed, we went swimming, the boys hit some golf balls and now we're resting in our really cooooooold apartment!

Advertisement

Visit Jaleigh Bean Bowtique on the WAHM boards! Also, visit my fan page!
jessesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #1172
cobwebbedroses
Registered Users

Hello, I am in Stillwater, and my baby boy is due early November!
cobwebbedroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #1173
scruffypuppy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobwebbedroses View Post
Hello, I am in Stillwater, and my baby boy is due early November!
I am in Stillwater too! I have two boys with a third boy on the way in October. I have cd'ed all my children since birth. PM me if you have any questions or want to get together or anything...
scruffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #1174
jessesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oooooh! It looks like we found a house! I'm so excited!

Now. I need a ob/gyn, a pediatrician, a family dentist. And a bank. Someone help!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #1175
cobwebbedroses
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffypuppy View Post
I am in Stillwater too! I have two boys with a third boy on the way in October. I have cd'ed all my children since birth. PM me if you have any questions or want to get together or anything...
Thanks! I'm trying to slowly get my CDs now, so I can get them cheaper used on here (hopefully!), on ebay, and such. We're CD for the cost savings primarily. Things will be very tight after he arrives, but I know God will provide for our needs! Now if I could just believe that a little more and quit worrying about it so much.

Jessesgirl: Congrats on finding a house! We use IBC bank, I know they have a branch in Owasso too. (Their website says 9350 Garnett) They have free checking, and everyone (at our branch anyway) are really nice, friendly. Its also very rarely busy, but I usually go in the afternoons. I think the most people waiting I've seen at our branch is two or three. Its the same way at the branch in Moore by my in-laws house. You might check them out.

Last edited by cobwebbedroses; 06-21-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #1176
jessesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

CW, thanks for the info! We'll definitely check into them. We've been with our bank for ten years, so switching really...irritates us!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #1177
cobwebbedroses
Registered Users

I understand. Banks are so sneaky sometimes with all their fees and such, its hard to pick one that's good.

Ok, I have a question about the for sale forums...

I had found a listing I wanted to buy, but because I'm new, I couldn't pm the seller. So I posted in the thread (I had seen others do this, I lurk around alot before posting on these types of things) but the seller never responded in any way. I wasn't that far behind when she posted the thread. Now she's listed them as all sold. I feel like I didn't even get considered. Is this normal because I'm new? Did I do something wrong? I'm trying to figure out how all this works.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #1178
jessesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You only have to make six posts to be able to PM. Make one more post then you can PM people. Also, if you have feedback anywhere else (maybe e-bay?), send them your username for that.

I typically PM them AND post on the thread. So most likely, those who posted also PM'ed. Most of us who sell don't check the threads, other than to bump it.

You'll get it all figured out. It just takes a little time. If you need to use this thread to reach your max posts then want to try and PM me to see if it works, feel free to. I think you only need six, though.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #1179
cobwebbedroses
Registered Users

It 5 posts, cause I was able to pm someone else for a cover, and I got it! yay! She had to explain what I needed to do in paypal, thankfully she was helpful and patient with me!

Thanks for the ebay feedback tip. I have used ebay some, not alot, but all my feedback is good. Hopefully that will help.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #1180
jessesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It will definitely help! I'm so glad you got your cover!

Feel free to hollar @ me if you need any more help.