Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #421
Okmommy06
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Oklahoma Mamas, check in here!!

We had a lot of fun as well. Thanks for hosting Em. Can't wait for the next one! BTW thanks for coming 'desertpenguin', it was awesome meeting you guys and so glad you all could come.

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #422
Majestic Rocks
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi,

I it is great to find so many other CDing mamas in OK. I am in NW OKC. Amy told me about this website & helped me out when I first started CDing, back in Nov '08. She also told me about a playdate a while back, but I was unable to make it. Hopefully I can make the next one!

It is quite surprising to find so many CDing mamas. When I started CDing I felt like the only one. Everyone else thought CDing was all pre-folds & pins. So this is a breath of fresh air . I have been so busy, I wish I would have fished around in the website sooner. Glad I found this OK thread
Majestic Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #423
aecryan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic Rocks View Post
Hi,

I it is great to find so many other CDing mamas in OK. I am in NW OKC. Amy told me about this website & helped me out when I first started CDing, back in Nov '08. She also told me about a playdate a while back, but I was unable to make it. Hopefully I can make the next one!

It is quite surprising to find so many CDing mamas. When I started CDing I felt like the only one. Everyone else thought CDing was all pre-folds & pins. So this is a breath of fresh air . I have been so busy, I wish I would have fished around in the website sooner. Glad I found this OK thread
I was planning on sending you the link to this thread, but you found it!

I am not hosting a playdate until after my home renovations are complete at the end of March. Emmaleigh has graciously hosted the last few playdates in MWC.

Jack's birthday is coming up. I think I am going to rent the room at my local McDs. I am thinking Sunday March 1st in the afternoon. Save the date!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #424
scruffypuppy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, a birthday party! How much fun! Ian, Ciaran, and I can't wait to join you in celebrating jack's big day!
scruffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #425
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Amy just recruits everyone to DS!!! She got me too, off craigslist of all places!! EVIL AMY!!! lol

it was awesome having everyone over on Saturday!!! and Allie - the cookies..I need that recipe - we're in love with your cookies my mom isn't even a cookie person and she ate like 5 - seriously.

I can't wait for Jack's birthday! We did Cy's at a McDonalds too - make sure this one actually has a play place Amy!!!! lol

I wonder how many WW points are in those new coffees at McDs.....
you best believe I'm using my WW allowance points for my future son in law's birthday!!!
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #426
Okmommy06
Registered Users

My Mood:

OH how fun. We love birthday's and we'll definitely be there. How exciting, Jack is turning 1.

Oh man I totally forgot to try to the cookies and i'm a cookie person, hehe. There will be a next time, hehe.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #427
Majestic Rocks
Registered Users

My Mood:

How funny, Craig's List is where Amy found me too. Thank goodness or I would have never mad it to the CDing underworld!! lol That is what it feels like. There all these modern dipers or even the dedicated pf mamas, you never hear about in everyday life in OK. It's is all about sposies. Thanks Amy for pulling me in . Life makes a lot more sense now.

McDonald's birthdays are always so fun!! I remember when I was little, all mine were there. I wish they still had Ronald, or even the other guys, show up every so often. I always remember it being extra special when I got a pic with them. I guess those characters have gone by the wayside to make room for pokemon or whatever toy of that week. Oh, well ,McD's still corners the market on fun B-days.
Majestic Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #428
desertpenguin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaleigh3699 View Post
it was awesome having everyone over on Saturday!!! and Allie - the cookies..I need that recipe - we're in love with your cookies my mom isn't even a cookie person and she ate like 5 - seriously.
here is the link for the recipe i used. i totally did not follow the recipe as i should've, so i was surprised they didn't turn out like crackers. you'll probably want to use the original recipe though. gluten free flour can be quite expensive. i lurve Alton Brown.
desertpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #429
desertpenguin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic Rocks View Post
Hi,
When I started CDing I felt like the only one.
when i went to the playdate it was the first time i ever met anyone irl who was currently cding! it was surreal.
desertpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #430
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Alton Brown is my secret (not anymore) crush!!!

he's sooo...nerdy

Aren't cd playdates the BEST!!!!

I can't wait for the McD's birthday party! Cy had his there last time - totally the best cake! its not all overly sweet and you know, its ALL about the cake

and hooray - 32oz vanilla iced coffee is only 6pts sugar free is...wait for it....wait for it...0!!!!!!
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote