Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #701
aecryan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oklahoma Mamas, check in here!!

I have some stuff I was going to bring to the next playdate. Will you pm me her email?

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2009, 05:41 PM   #702
desertpenguin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Em, pming you my address...now pm me the email.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #703
tristens1mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaleigh3699 View Post
Ok so as you all know, lots of locals lost their homes in the recent fires.
I was checking out craigslist last night and someone posted looking to buy CDs for her friend who lost her home in the fire. This woman has 2 boys in diapers full time, 1 girl in night diapers, and she's pregnant! She's looking to buy diapers, not looking for handouts (and her friend had to post for her since she doesn't have a home, let alone the internet right now!)

I've been emailing her friend and she's really nice, seems very genuine. I fully trust that the situation is real. (and if its not, karma will get her, right? lol) so I'm giving her 11 OS pockets that I don't use, 1doz premium prefolds, a few covers, some wool that I don't use thats gender neutral, some wool wash, snappis, a pail liner, whatever I have to spare. This woman has always used cloth apparently and hates the idea of using sposies on her kiddos - but obviously doesn't have much choice with her stash going down with the house!
If any of you have anything you're not using and would like to pass on to this woman I'll give you her friend's email address. Her friend lives off NW Expressway, but she's coming by here in 30 minutes to pick up the diapers I've got for her. She used a mix of fitteds/wool, pockets and AIOs (specifically Swaddlebees) so she'll be grateful for anything you have to give or sell her for a good price we gotta help eachother out, right?
I can give her some smalls!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:26 AM   #704
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

yay! Pm'in you all!
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #705
toree911
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hello Oklahoma mamas, I have never been on this thread before. I was just wondering if you all knew an INDOOR place to take he kids to. I like The Jump Zone and Pump-it-Up, but they are both closed on the weekends. My kids are a little young for Incredible Pizza. Any other suggestions for an indoor activity? Thanks so much!

Anything I write is only my opinion and my research from personal life experiences, and possibly completely wrong for you.
toree911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #706
tristens1mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have playdates all the time at our houses! That's indoor! And it's always loads of fun when everybody's able to make it everytime!! This is a great group of girls!!! We'd love to have you!!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #707
toree911
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the invite! Do you know of any other public place besides the 3 I mentioned? I think Fun Stop closed down....? I really dont understand why Jump Zone is only open a few hours per day, and closed on the weekends???

Anything I write is only my opinion and my research from personal life experiences, and possibly completely wrong for you.
toree911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #708
reagansmom05
Registered Users
seller

those type of places are all closed on the weekends because they have scheduled bday parties.
Anna, sahm to THREE boys [Reagan 4/25/05 & Hunter 7/17/07 & Logan 12/22/09 ] & one lost bean 2/15/09, Air Force Wife & SAHM. i love free gift cards from SWAGBUCKS!! EBATES and CloudCrowd and CASHBAQis where I earn paypal!! easy paid emails!!
reagansmom05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #709
scruffypuppy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Em, pm me that lady's email. I have a few dipes I can send her. I actually have quite a few that I need to try to sell. Ian has outgrown all the one size diapers and I need to buy some custom diapers for him and need to funds to do so. That boy is just getting too tall!!! 18 months old and 36 inches tall! I have at least found a wahm that makes diapers that will fit him. Unfortunately this means the goodmama's will have to go to new homes. I just didn't expect Ian to outgrow them 2 months after I got them. Such is life I suppose.
scruffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #710
Majestic Rocks
Registered Users

My Mood:

Em, pm'd you my address. I saw that post on craig's list too. I read it and hoped it was for real. I saw all the recent stuff on the thrift store owner that was faking being needy & then selling the stuff in her store so I was skeptical, but it is nice to know it sounds like this girl is on the up & up. I wish I had something to give. Since I am new I don't have excess stash. I am actually about to buy some more but I think dd is about to potty learn so I am cautiously waiting. I do have some clothes I was going to freecycle. I wonder if she needs some. I would think so. If you think of it could you ask, sizes too.

toree911, Have you thought of Science Museum Oklahoma (formerly Omniplex)? It is right next to the Zoo. They have a giant indoor treehouse play area, as well as BabySpace & KidSpace & many other hands on learning activities. They are open 7 days a week and have something fun & learning for any age. I am sure there are other but that is all I can think of right now. For some reason I am drawing a blank.
Blessed Mommy to Ethan (12) & Azuranna Joy (2 1/2 yr. old.)

Majestic Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote