Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #801
scruffypuppy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oklahoma Mamas, check in here!!

Em, I would so let you use mine. I have both a wrap and a MT. But seeing as I am so far away, I couldn't get it to you in time. So sorry...

Advertisement

scruffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #802
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

hmmm...its not THAT far to drive for something that will save my back....hmmm...you gonna be home tonight?
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:36 PM   #803
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Ohhh and I forgot, Rocksye, I'm washing my hair with baking soda and using apple cider vinegar as conditioner! about 2tbs of each, diluted in 2cups of water (since my hair is long and thick). I leave the bs in for a minute or so and rub it into my scalp really well and then rinse. Then the acv gets put in my ends and I try to keep it off the scalp, I let it sit for a minute or so and then rinse - when i get out of the shower my hair combs through SOOOOO easy! I'm going like 4days (give or take a day) between washes and my hair doesn't even get gross like it used to! It makes NO sense to me, but it works so I'm not questioning it.
I'm using straight castor oil to wash my face - I use a dime sized amount and rub it really well into my face for a minute or two and then put a hot washcloth over my face and hang out over some steamy water for a bit, then wipe it off with the washcloth. My face looks AWESOME! I haven't had any breakouts and my skin looks pretty I didn't even wear make up today! I've been doing it for 6 days now. I wash it like that at night and in the AM I just use warm water and nothin else. My face never looks greasy anymore! My pores look smaller today - I just noticed and it makes me happy My skin tone is uneven and I have scars on my face from breakouts when I was younger so I normally wear foundation and powder, but today my face just looked pretty. My skin tone still isn't even of course, but my skin looked so healthy that it didn't need much help!
woot!
I'll probably start diluting my castor oil soon because my face is adjusting to not using soap and not being stripped of all its good stuff. The castor oil is almost drying it out now lol who woulda guessed?! I have some jojoba oil that I'm going to mix with it I think - its my favorite oil.

The only thing I can honestly say I'll never use now that's natural is deodorant. I'm WAY too paranoid to use the natural stuff! I sweat WAY too much! I use certain dri at night (it keeps you from sweating - i know sweating is natural but it grosses me out lol) and then degree in the morning just in case.

Anything else though....
I've gone hippie.
and I like it.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #804
aecryan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Em, don't drive to stillwater silly! I have a MT. Two actually. My infant MT is reversible, so it has a boy print and a girly print.

Call me and we can set up a meeting time tomorrow!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #805
desertpenguin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaleigh3699 View Post
Aly - why yes, I do use a diva cup, thanks for your interest in my menstruation lol
hey, you brought it up first! lol.

excessive sweating can be caused by a zinc deficiency. i quit using regular deodorant because alzheimer's runs in my family so i really try to avoid aluminum exposure as much as i can. i eat healthier now, so i don't stink quite as much as i used to (i think, anyways! haven't had anyone complain so far! haha) and herbal teas like alfalfa and nettles really help with the stink factor too.

before i got my MT i was just using several yards of fabric as a wrap.

anyhoo, hope everyone is feeling better soon. and happy vibes to Sheana! hope you guys get approved!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #806
scruffypuppy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aecryan View Post
Em, don't drive to stillwater silly! I have a MT. Two actually. My infant MT is reversible, so it has a boy print and a girly print.

Call me and we can set up a meeting time tomorrow!
Too late!!! She just left my house. It was great having someone come over though. Ian had a blast being able to show someone (i.e. Cyrus) his toys for the first time. Little Cyrus got a kick out of Stuarts model airplanes and tanks! They are buds for life now. hehehe. Everyone will have to come over this summer sometime.
scruffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #807
aecryan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffypuppy View Post
Too late!!! She just left my house. It was great having someone come over though. Ian had a blast being able to show someone (i.e. Cyrus) his toys for the first time. Little Cyrus got a kick out of Stuarts model airplanes and tanks! They are buds for life now. hehehe. Everyone will have to come over this summer sometime.
Oh fun! I am glad Em was able to drive up. I want to see your house too! You just need to set a date and we will come.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:13 PM   #808
Majestic Rocks
Registered Users

My Mood:

Em- glad you got your MT, I was going to say the same thing as Amy, except mine is a wrap. The hair regiment, VERY INTERESTING!! I will have to talk to you about your hair texture in person & see how that might work for me. I have such thick follicled hair as well as enough hair for 4 people, my hairdresser always razzes me . My conditioner usually has the be the thick cream that sets on there for about 4 minutes to moisturize it enough. I love my hair but it is needy . Never thought of baking soda as a shampoo. I use an old fashioned baking soda mixture for toothpaste (they call it tooth powder). One amazing thing about it is it is a natural whitener. It also makes you feel like you have come from the dentists office, your teeth feel so clean. You can't use it every time cause it is a bit abrasive, but I love it. Castor Oil on the face. Gotta try that one!! I have a lot of the same issues. I have always wondered, what is the deal with tightening/shrinking your pores??? I really don't get it. I use to do drama so I am very familiar with make-up, but not for what most women do it for, so maybe I missed something. I think my pores serve a pretty big function, why do I have to shrink them! I really don't get it. If there is a benefit to me, that is great but these salons charge you big money for these facials. Castor Oil sounds like the way to go. I just have always had that pondering and can't figure it out. Does anyone really know why gib pores are a problem?!

I agree with Aly on the sweating stuff. I converted to just deodorant, NOT antiperspirant (the one that has the aluminum in it). Same here on the Alzheimers. When I converted the choice of natural deodorants were really poor & didn't work for me, so luckily the mainstream companies still made deodorants alone. Well I am on my last bottle of mainstream deodorant, so I will have to try the natural ones. I hope I have some luck. I do not want to smell either but the more you block the sweat from detoxifying, the worse the smell is. How our body naturally works. One main reason we all smell is sadly from not just toxins it is also from eating meat. My DH has been a vegetarian for years & no smell. I never believed him & then my smell decreased so I had to realize he was right. Before Zuzu was born I was a one too & my smell really cut down. It is nice but that is a sacrifice that many aren't willing to make. Alfalfa & other things help you cleanse out toxins & can help big time.

Natural & Lovin' It. Don't know about the cup though, Have to think on that one.

Shaena- Good Luck on the qualifying. Back when the market was all screwy on letting you qualify for way more than you should, they told me (just me) I could qualify for a $200K house on my measly, working for a non-profit salary! I told them I know enough about the system to say NO WAY!! I wanted to say what planet are you from!! Any, it will be interesting to see if that part of the system has really been changed. It is a great feeling to get approved for the house/amount you want .
Blessed Mommy to Ethan (12) & Azuranna Joy (2 1/2 yr. old.)

Majestic Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #809
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

So Whit, I'm not sure you're gettin this MT back- I'm sort of in love with it. We're thinking of eloping actually.
Its so stinkin comfortable for both of us - sure everyone thinks Shae's a boy in it (even though she was dressed in ALL PINK!!!!) but whatever, we're in love.
Rocksye - the problem with big pores is that....they look goofy.
that's it.
Me and my mama have problematic skin - lots of breakouts and our skin is just mean really. Our pores are like...big enough to store things in. Ok thats a SLIGHT exaggeration, but still. The castor oil is really minimizing the visibility so my skin looks nice and smooth, not full of potholes.

you guys are almost convincing me to attempt some natural deoderant...except I'm still terrified lol I love you girls, I don't want to scare you off with my stink!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #810
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aecryan View Post
Oh fun! I am glad Em was able to drive up. I want to see your house too! You just need to set a date and we will come.
just make sure you go down the right road if it quickly turns into a dirt road then its NOT THE RIGHT ONE!!!! lol not that I'd know or anything....