Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #1521
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: North Dakota Mommas?

Congrats BTW!

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #1522
rae_g
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the helpful advice already! Nicole, that's too funny about the kitchen thinking you couldn't have any salt!

Summer, thanks for all the great information! The nurses were very supportive when I was delivering my son, but they were also quick to encourage me to get an epidural. I was planning to get one anyway, but they seemed to be in a hurry to get one in me, regardless of how much pain I was in (which was not very much).

It's looking likely that I will be induced, which is mostly okay with me. My son's birth was induced and the pain was far less than it was with my naturally-onset labor with my daughter, so I don't anticipate that the pitocin pain will be overwhelming to me. I'm glad to hear that you can request a nurse who is more comfortable with meds-free birthing.

I think the policy questions are the big ones. I'll have to chat with my Dr. about it at my appointment next week. I've always just gone with the flow of the hospital.
Rachel- Mama to 2 Big Kids and #3 Coming Soon!
rae_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #1523
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just make sure to let them know when you go in that you do not want to be offered drugs, you will ask if you want them. I think that is why I might not have been offered them with Sofiya, but honestly everything about that time frame is a blur being as how I was in transistion when I went into the hospital.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:00 AM   #1524
nmersiovsky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rae_g View Post
Thanks for the helpful advice already! Nicole, that's too funny about the kitchen thinking you couldn't have any salt!
I was almost in tears ordering those first few times. All I wanted was a chicken sandwich, fries, and grapes. I couldn't have the fries, tomato, mayo, or ketchup. I got the chicken sandwich and grapes. They sent up a lettuces salad with just oil. The lady felt bad so she send up extra grapes. After I had him all I wanted was an over easy egg. I was told I couldn't have that. I was shocked they let me have french toast. The next lunch was when we figured out what was going on. Boy was I happy when that was taken off! I think the rest of the stay I ate meatballs, mashed potatoes, and gravy. I also had grapes and a small salad with that.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #1525
nmersiovsky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layna View Post
Nicole, cute pictures!!

There's a few mama's on TBW wanting to do a meet up too and bringing your baby carriers if you have them so anybody can check them out if you want... Anybody here intrested?
I don't use carriers now, but really want to. So far the carriers we've tried either I hated or he hated. I've heard good things about the Egro, but don't really want to fork out $100 for something he's going to hate a lot.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #1526
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmersiovsky View Post
I don't use carriers now, but really want to. So far the carriers we've tried either I hated or he hated. I've heard good things about the Egro, but don't really want to fork out $100 for something he's going to hate a lot.
Have you tried a mai tei? I love mine!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #1527
nmersiovsky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried a Moby, a snugly type (it was given to us for when we flew), a wrap n tie ( http://www.target.com/Infantino-Wrap...e&frombrowse=1 ), and a sling. Where what we've tried and he hated. Well he didn't mind the snuggli type but he was only in it on the plane and slept the whole time.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:36 AM   #1528
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmersiovsky View Post
I tried a Moby, a snugly type (it was given to us for when we flew), a wrap n tie ( http://www.target.com/Infantino-Wrap...e&frombrowse=1 ), and a sling. Where what we've tried and he hated. Well he didn't mind the snuggli type but he was only in it on the plane and slept the whole time.
If we ever get together and you are interested in trying out a mei tei, I have two of them that I just love. I am half heartedly selling my gn one since I had super girly custom one made. Haven't too much effort
Old 08-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #1529
Jaci
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Man I've missed a lot!

Yes, I would love to do a BW meetup! I have an Ergo, a mei tei, a storchenwiege, a water ring sling, and a moby.

Other than that, it sounds like everyone has caught up!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #1530
nmersiovsky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it's ok I'd love to tag along to hopefully see if we can find a carrier he actually likes. I'm pretty much open any time.