Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #1541
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: North Dakota Mommas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFutures View Post
hey summer - guess what I just realized....LOL....born on 8.9.10 at 11 and was baby #12 for the day!! hehe
I can't wait to tell my sister!

Advertisement

Old 08-12-2010, 12:26 AM   #1542
nmersiovsky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFutures View Post
well i'm not
You fall into the "just had a baby" silly! Liam isn't a year yet.

Maybe I'm just noticing it more. A friend of our's had her baby the same day Coby was born. I have a cousin about to pop any day, then my best friend in Dec, and three other friends just announced this past week they are prego.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #1543
rae_g
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you guys so much for the further advice! There's definitely a boom right now! My DS had to be hospitalized this week and we got in there before the big boom, otherwise we might not have had a room in peds since L&D was taking it over! So Jenn or Summer, if you saw an enormously pregnant lady wheeling around an IV attached to a little 4 year old boy this week, it was probably me.

I totally agree that a supportive nurse is one of the most important factors in giving birth. As great as a good OB is, he/she isn't there for nearly as much of the laboring as a nurse is.

I brought it up to my Dr. and he said that basically everything would be the same except that everyone will look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them my wishes. Ha! I'm not opposed to an IV as long as I still have a decent amount of movement for changing positions. I'm really feeling pretty laid-back about most "medical" things associated with the birth, I just really hope to have a nurse who's supportive and helpful about getting me to relax without drugs.

Interesting about summer babies. I'd never noticed that. But when DS was delivered in the summer, they were packed and we were moved to peds right after he was born, so it was definitely true that summer too.
Rachel- Mama to 2 Big Kids and #3 Coming Soon!
rae_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #1544
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Both my sister and her friend (baby born at end of June) were moved to peds after delivering. I have always been in the fbc wing. They told my sister they were going to move her back and never did. The lactation consultant said she would come back another time (baby wasn't in the room when she stopped by) and never did. :-( The cafeteria was giving her trouble over ordering off the adult menu at first. My sister was impressed by the labor and delivery but not at all impressed by the aftercare. I have the opposite experiences. Not that I have much complain about in regards to things, I think I just labor so fast that everything seems chaotic and disorganized. I do think the eye roll when I came back in with Sofiya was a bit much, but people really did not just seem to understand what I was saying when I said i don't have long labors.

I could see with my sister there is a lot to do and I could see how frustrating it would be to feel rushed to get things done, but my babies don't want to wait.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #1545
nmersiovsky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm Starting to think I planned Coby at a good time! I was in the recovery room longer because my nurse was waiting for housekeeping to clean the larger FBC room. They were going to put me in a smaller room but DH had so much crap with since it was finals week for him at school. He was lucky and able to do it all online but just needed a bunch of crap with him.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #1546
GrumpyJoy
Registered Users
Formerly: astoltz

My Mood:

Hi all. I am finally starting my side business. I am in the South Western part of ND, and will be providing cloth and accessories locally to start and then eventually online. Genuine Joys is the name I came up with. If you are in this part of the state, let me know!!

I really think most people on here are more towards Fargo.

ISO: Training Pants
GrumpyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #1547
Jaci
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A boom? Oh yes a boom, at least in the circle of which I know people. When I was preggo I counted all of the other preggos that I knew In Real Life and it was over 10 (14 I think) and it hasn't really slowed down.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #1548
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I notice it in threes in my groups
3 at work, 3 at moms and dads, 3 friends/family

LOL
Old 08-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #1549
nmersiovsky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine seem to be divisible by 3 LOL
Old 08-19-2010, 12:58 AM   #1550
nmersiovsky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jenn I have a question you may know the answer to. I have some girl clothes in smaller sizes that were from when DH insisted Coby was a girl that we'd like to donate to the NICU. How would I go about doing that?