Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #41
Jaci
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: North Dakota Mommas?

oh sweet. Connor better not be sick, as that topic is one that I can't miss!

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #42
North Dakota Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Jennieh***
seller

My Mood:

Hey North Dakota moms! I am in rural Minot. I must say, I love it here. I have lived here my entire life (23 years.) Nice to see all of you!
Wife/BFF to Leif - Mommy to Thor born 09.26.07 , Maycee born 10.25.08, and Dax born 08.01.2010... a sweet-as-pie homebirth! Baby #4 due 08.09.12!
I blog about my life with three wee ones!
North Dakota Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #43
pixilated
Registered Users
seller

Well, that's my due date, but my midwife is going to strip my membranes at next week's(38 week) appt, so I may manage to get to the meeting. I'd really to learn more about the topic too. It'd be nice to actually have this child before, or even on my due date(older two have been post date by a week or more)
Old 03-26-2008, 07:24 PM   #44
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck with that! You must be getting anxious and so excited to meet your little man! I know I was going out of my mind after Jaci had hers. I wanted mine to come so bad!!!!! You mentioned borrowing your ergo in my thread yesterday. If you happen to be in town or you don't mind me driving out, I would love to look at one and try one on. I think that hardest part of finding what works for you is having to buy all these things and test them out. It would be great to try something out before I buy it this time around. I hate the thought of sending the lo to daycare just so I can clean. LMK, I greatly appreciate your generousity!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #45
Jaci
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniehuwe View Post
Hey North Dakota moms! I am in rural Minot. I must say, I love it here. I have lived here my entire life (23 years.) Nice to see all of you!
your avatar is beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixilated View Post
Well, that's my due date, but my midwife is going to strip my membranes at next week's(38 week) appt, so I may manage to get to the meeting. I'd really to learn more about the topic too. It'd be nice to actually have this child before, or even on my due date(older two have been post date by a week or more)
Do you have Carver? If so, have fun w/ stripping those membranes I hope you have the wee one before, so you can bring him/her, I love babies
Old 03-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #46
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jaci, did you have yours stripped? I don't even really know what that all entails (SP?).
Old 03-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #47
Jaci
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A lot of pain It is basically your doc going in and pushing their fingers between the bag of water and the uterine wall (where, presumably, baby would be engaged). You know how a wet plastic bag will stick to a plastic or glass bowl? That is kind of the idea.

Dr Carver is incredibly rough and I've heard it isn't supposed to be nearly as bad. I believe them, because there was a HUGE difference between some of the nurses who checked my cervix and her.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #48
pixilated
Registered Users
seller

Nope, I have Burrell. I've only seen Carver once(just so I could meet the other 2 midwives on staff). I am anxious, not only to meet the baby(a boy), but just to be done being pregnant.

Oh..and for a decaf Milky Way latte from the coffee cart in the lobby.

I am heading into Fargo tomorrow, I could certainly grab the Ergo and let you try it. It was one of my mega-great finds at Savers. $2.49, brand new. I never ordered the infant insert, so I wasn't going to use it for a few months anyway, I have a pouch sling and a Bjorn(again..another Savers find, brand new for $2.99) to use for the early months.

If you won't be at work tomorrow, I am planning on being in Fargo again on Monday morning. I'm meeting MIL at Savers to teach her the ways of shopping there.

Last edited by pixilated; 03-26-2008 at 10:39 PM.
pixilated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #49
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

whoops, didnt see your post till just now. I am off next Monday and was thinking of heading to Savers myself to check it out! If you aren't cuddling a new baby boy and make it to town on Monday, I could meet you there.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:49 PM   #50
pixilated
Registered Users
seller

I figured you might not have seen it. I ended up not even getting into town until 1 today. I will be at Savers on Monday until around 10:30, I have to head back home then to pick 5yo up at preschool.

And I'm dyeing tomorrow! Both the preemie and infant prefolds, or at least as many of them as I can.