Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #641
nmersiovsky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: North Dakota Mommas?

Went to fertility today and they did the US. When we saw the Dr I was talking about OBs and whatnot. He looked at me and said "hun you may have some time to find one... I think we'll be keeping you here for about 6 more weeks. Since we saw two sacs."

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #642
JMFutures
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

AWESOME!! Congratulations!! I am so excited for you!!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #643
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats Nicole!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #644
JMFutures
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What is your cloth diaper wash routine? Which detergent/amounts/how many cycles/Etc.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #645
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Crunchy clean detergent, 1 tbsp for a large load (1/2 tbsp for sm) 1 wash cycle on hot & 1 extra rinse
Once A week I also use vineger and an extra wash cycle & If I feel like it needs it or if I added some dawn, another rinse.

Ever since I stayed up all night one night stripping my diapers, this has worked really well for us. Even the MF inserts seem to get softer now.

Last edited by Layna; 02-16-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Layna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #646
JMFutures
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I currently use Country Save on dipes (LOVE IT), I used some crunchy clean samples and I think it irritated my LO??? So I used that up on our laundry - smells so good! I ran out and went and got some 7th Generation - so far am not liking it but boy do I have a big thing of it now. I didn't intend on using it for the dipes so oh well, it'll get the job done! My goal is to try and find something in town so I don't have to order - although I am not opposed to ordering. I hear Planet is a good one - anyone try it? I should have grabbed that one instead of 7th Gen.
I have been wondering where my DD is getting her little red tushie - but I think it might be from teething - she is getting 4 at once. Otherwise I wonder if the hemp inserts are irritating her....They didn't seem to initially, so I don't know. And another thing I do that could irritate her is I do the 1/4-1/2c vinegar in every prewash cycle, keeps the ammonia down, they smell so clean - so I wonder if that could be doing it? She has very strong urine for some reason...And their is a really good post on vinegar here on DS that I do and it works wonders. Keeps things so soft too! So how do I figure it out?? The vinegar didn't initially cause issues, and neither did the hemp, or the detergent. So it makes me believe its the teething - but she has had a red tushie that seems hard to get rid of for awhile now. It started when I tried CC detergent maybe 3 weeks ago, so I stopped that....Whats your opinion?

Last edited by JMFutures; 02-16-2009 at 11:51 AM.
JMFutures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #647
Jaci
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmersiovsky View Post
Went to fertility today and they did the US. When we saw the Dr I was talking about OBs and whatnot. He looked at me and said "hun you may have some time to find one... I think we'll be keeping you here for about 6 more weeks. Since we saw two sacs."
Congratulations!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #648
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jenn, I don't know what the problem could be... DD has only had 2 rashes since we started CDing & I'm pretty sure one of them was because of teething.. That was the only tooth she ever had problems with at all.
Have you tried stripping them?

Does anybody here go to the organic farmers market?
We've gone once before and we're going again this Thursday because we're getting some buffalo from them. We'd like to go more often, but it's hard since we have the drive back home every night.

This is the reminder I got today, incase somebody hasn't heard of it.

Indoor Farmers Market

February 19th 2008 6:30-8:00 PM
Moorhead Center Mall by Fountain

Groups.yahoo.com\groups\mysistersfarm
Farmers Markets varies, but a market is likely to include:

Locally grown organic Meats
Locally grown organic Bread,
Locally grown Honey
Locally grown organic Potatoes
Locally grown Maple Syrup
Safe Cleaning supplies
Old 02-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #649
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmersiovsky View Post
Congrats!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #650
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFutures View Post
What is your cloth diaper wash routine? Which detergent/amounts/how many cycles/Etc.
I buy my detergent at cashwise in their organic section. It is an all natural detergent, scented with essential oils, and contains a soy based fabric softener. It smells so nice...... I forget the brand name, but it is like the store brand or something. Yummy......

My doc appt is on Wed. I misunderstood the appt lady because I told her I had Mon and Wed off but Mon was a holiday and I didn't know if the doc was in that day. She said, The doc is in and has the following appts available, so I thought my appt was today. I was pretty pissy after rounding up the kids and heading there with all the pain today. I had a very long day yesterday and a busy weekend, so I am sure that is causing all the pain. I am just taking it easy and will hopefully feel better tomorrow. At least I no longer feel the pain is connected to pre-term labor or anything. I think it is baby's position wearing on my body....... I slept all afternoon I am off to try and do a little bit of stuff now.....